Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#26 Thu, Jul3 2008 7:54pm

jdbrown55
Marshal of the Mark

Re: ¿News? GF releases

I will take that bet! I say they come out in September! Now the Easterlings? That is a whole other subject! It could be a year before those come out.hmm

These are indeed strange days, dreams and legends spring to life out of the grass! - Eomer

#27 Thu, Jul3 2008 8:20pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

It's already been two...or is it three now? I've kind of lost track...

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#28 Thu, Jul3 2008 9:52pm

Gavin
Skilled Artisan

Three years, methinks.

Bluntly, I can wait till August for the Knights and Christmas for the Easterlings. I don't have much spare cash for metal things right now, have months more of renovations to do and then (hopefully) a cross country move.

However, when that's done, I believe it will be time to grab some Corsairs, knights and so forth.

big_smile

Gavin

#29 Fri, Jul4 2008 5:52am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

I admire your patience. I'd let the renovations go hang and buy the figures...

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#30 Fri, Jul4 2008 11:27pm

twrich
The Man in the Dark

Gildor, you must not know much about American football to suggest it doesn't take brains. It might look like only brute force is in play, but I assure you that the "dumb" players don't last long, and the "smart" players help their teams win, even if their physical skills are less than their opponents.

Go VIKINGS!!!

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those that wander are lost." (Strider, The Fellowship of the Ring)

#31 Sat, Jul5 2008 7:51am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

(*sigh*, if now people can't understand "second degree" wink It's not because I don't like it and ironise about it that what I say is true or even that I deeply think it wink)

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#32 Sat, Jul5 2008 1:27pm

Wendy
Slowest Painter Ever
Website

twrich wrote:

Go VIKINGS!!!

Hehe...here you go Tom.  A little fun with painting...

Click to close

(Sorry it's not Mithril, but I couldn't resist.)

#33 Mon, Jul7 2008 1:16pm

hsf62
Master Caster

I like this figure but I don't like football nor soccer.

Good job Wendy!

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#34 Mon, Jul7 2008 11:18pm

presto247365
Adventurer

Hey Barli,
The owner of the Cleveland Browns, Mr. Randy Lerner of MBNA fortune, also owns the Aston Villa football club.  There is a smallish group of Browns fans who now follow Aston Villa.  I'm going to do my best to get you to root for the Browns! 

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/

and

http://www.dawgtalkers.net/

#35 Tue, Jul8 2008 5:23am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Their helmets are too boring...

#36 Tue, Jul8 2008 2:04pm

presto247365
Adventurer

I prefer to think of them as a throwback to a classic, uncluttered, good looks.  Logos, we don't need no stinking logos.  wink

#37 Tue, Jul8 2008 4:08pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Helmets aside, any team that lives on dog-biscuits is OK by me.

#38 Thu, Jul10 2008 3:19am

twrich
The Man in the Dark

Awesome, Wendy! You are a gem! Oh, and you paint great also.

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those that wander are lost." (Strider, The Fellowship of the Ring)

#39 Fri, Jul25 2008 2:52pm

erchamion
Adventurer

Well, we have news pictures.....smile

"Arnorian knight and Hillman king"

Click to close

¡Fuera, viejo Tumulario! ¡Desaparece a la luz! ¡Encógete como la niebla fría, llora como el viento en las tierra estériles, más allá de los montes! ¡No regreses aquí! ¡Deja vacío el túmulo! Perdido y olvidado, más sombrío que la sombra, quédate donde las puertas están cerradas para siempre, hasta los tiempos de un mundo mejor. Tom Bombadil LOTR1

#40 Fri, Jul25 2008 3:04pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

and that's not all! we have all the Dol Amroth range in images now! they are wonderful!

http://www.mithril.ie/M-Series/PriceList8.html

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#41 Fri, Jul25 2008 3:35pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Wonderful indeed. I only hope GW don't kick up a fuss with Tolkien Enterprises because of Mithril's perhaps unwise decision to refer to the range as an "army" - they may feel Mithril is trespassing on their own turf!

And the hillman and knight of Arnor are rather good too. Personally, however, I'm looking forward to seeing the mounted horseman for the Army of the Dead.

#42 Fri, Jul25 2008 4:01pm

jdbrown55
Marshal of the Mark

Excellent news! Awesome figures! It is about time. big_smile

Now I have to save up to get these wonderful figures for my collection!tongue

These are indeed strange days, dreams and legends spring to life out of the grass! - Eomer

#43 Fri, Jul25 2008 4:53pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

Chris told me the "problems" they had with Tolkien Enterprises regarding their regular releases has been concluded, and it is over. that's why they have been able (and authorized by TE) to release the knights, and should proceed to more and more regular releases.
(the problem they had with TE, because of GW I suppose... was, if I understood well, the MAIN reason why there was SO FEW mithril release... not a problem with Chris having problem handling everything.... ) Still, about our ideas of a bi-monthly suggestion, Chris mentionned he would keep on a monthly basis suggestion but all GF figurines will be "SINGLE UNMOUNTED, without accessories" only, for the time being. If that is not enough to slow down the pace, he will think about bi-monthly suggestion, but not yet.

#44 Fri, Jul25 2008 7:38pm

Wendy
Slowest Painter Ever
Website

Seems the Ringwraith in his true form is giving Chris a bit of trouble, not that I would blame him.  I don't really visualize well how it would be sculpted.

#45 Fri, Jul25 2008 9:50pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Chris told me much the same as you, Gildor, but it doesn'r change my concerns re GW and TE - they're both pretty fickle, if history is anything to go by, and TE can change its mind on the merest whim.

Still, let's not worry about that until it happens (as it doubtless will somewhere down the road).

As for the Ringwraith in his true form, that's where we look to The Man's imagination to get the job done. But I do hope the figure won't resemble the Barrow-wights or the ordinary Nazgul - I'm hoping for something far more sinister!

#46 Fri, Jul25 2008 10:06pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

not an easy task, it has to be his true form... during the War of the Ring... thus eliminating the "MERP design armor for Er-Murazor" which was during his lifetime...
some ghostly way... with a crown for sure and a morgul knife I suppose, still that means... putting a FACE on a Nazgul, who are faceless.... that's as hard as Sauron...

#47 Tue, Aug5 2008 9:02am

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Puuhhhh- Master Erchamion,
very wonderful indeed- the picture of the Arnorian Knight and the Hillman King. Absolutely great miniatures ! Do you have further informations concerning them ? By the way: what is GF ? Can somebody clear me up ? ( this is german english:D )

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#48 Tue, Aug5 2008 9:11am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

GF = Gold Fellowship.

#49 Tue, Aug5 2008 2:33pm

erchamion
Adventurer

Willian, the troll

Click to close

¡Fuera, viejo Tumulario! ¡Desaparece a la luz! ¡Encógete como la niebla fría, llora como el viento en las tierra estériles, más allá de los montes! ¡No regreses aquí! ¡Deja vacío el túmulo! Perdido y olvidado, más sombrío que la sombra, quédate donde las puertas están cerradas para siempre, hasta los tiempos de un mundo mejor. Tom Bombadil LOTR1

#50 Tue, Aug5 2008 2:35pm

erchamion
Adventurer

Tar-Minastir, king of Numenor

Click to close

I love how it has become "my" suggestion. Excellent as all the work of C.Tubb smile

Last edited by erchamion (Tue, Aug5 2008 2:37pm)

Board footer