Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#26 Fri, Jul11 2008 8:58am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

Re: I need help on MERP matters

perfect background ! thanks Gavin... Now will come the hard task for me to synthesise all of that in a small paragraph for both of them smile

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#27 Fri, Jul11 2008 1:22pm

Gavin
Skilled Artisan

Anyway, just make me a list of what else you need.

I might be able to write up the small paragraphs too, if you want.

#28 Fri, Jul11 2008 1:39pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

well I'll be on holidays tonight I'll check that but I think that all entries are covered, except maybe this Half-troll from Dol Guldur, recently released in the MERP dedicated series.

I already had all informations on the Mirkwood and Gundabad special characters
and I personnaly have the MERP backgrounds for each of the 9 Nazgul smile

I'll build up a dedicated section on the forum for MERP characters. with a dedicated CATEGORY for all MERP characters, then a dedicated TOPIC for each MERP setting (mirkwood, gundabad, ghost warriors, fangorn, etc...) and inside those topic, a POST for each MERP character belonging to this setting.

This forum will be read-only, some sort of mini-lexicon for merp characters, not to be discussed but only to give data...
(if some people want a thread to discuss it we'll put it elsewhere smile )

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#29 Fri, Jul11 2008 9:56pm

Gavin
Skilled Artisan

Sounds good!

Gavin

#30 Fri, Jul11 2008 11:03pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

ok, well, apparently, after the female vampires , Mithril ceased to produce MERP related figurines, except lately two of them :

Dagorhir from Dol Guldur (I need info about him)
and maybe Burzash (MX designer mithril, but I think the name is not even from MERP but a pure invented name.. which is... no comment smile )

#31 Sat, Jul12 2008 3:53am

Gavin
Skilled Artisan

Dagorhir or Ardagor is easy, writeup inbound.
Burzash might be a made up name. I'll check out the troll supplement to double check though.

#32 Sat, Jul12 2008 4:37am

Gavin
Skilled Artisan

Dagorhir

(Note: Dagohir was originally introduced in the Cardolan supplement as Ardagor the Warlord. His name was later changed in the now incredibly rare "Arnor: the People" supplement as Dagohir

Dagorhir (literally "warlord")

The Warlord is an abomination, the product of a failed experiment born in the Necromancer's dungeons beneath Dol Guldor. An admixture of Elf and Troll, the experiment should not have survived. But survive, it did. The resulting horror was a creature with a long, graceful form (though massive and powerful) and a hideous troll-born face. The Warlord had an elven intellect, and a troll's violence. Worse, the Warlord had such a terrible psychotic hatred of orcs that the Necromancer could not keep him in check. He was sent to the Witch King of Angmar. The Lord of the Nazgul had a use for the creature. Trolls in central Cardolan were not answering the Witch King's commands. The Warlord soon bent them to his will. The Warlord formed a mighty army capable of threatening the Princes of Cardolan and Rhudaur. The Warlord's realm was finally broken during a long summer of bloody fighting in TA 1643. The Warlord himself was reported slain, but others claim that he survived and he lived on to serve the Witch King for centuries to come.

#33 Sat, Jul12 2008 5:06am

Gavin
Skilled Artisan

As for Burzash, I believe the name is invented. He does not seem to be a MERP character. He is a Captain of the Olog Hai. He may be a leader of the Trolls of Mordor at the Black Gate, or a Warlord of Mordor serving Khamul at Dol Guldor during the final days of the War of the Ring. (Or any number of other possibilities!)

Gavin

Board footer