You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Wed, Jul9 2008 1:53pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

Release Dates

Hello everybody,

just some questions for my work on the database.
Does anybody have the release dates for the Mithril Classics releases? (the MC and MCD) which year each of them were released.

Also I am trying to find the year of release for LR, LT and LO but I think it should be easy to check below the base...
I'll do that at home I suppose.

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#2 Thu, Jul17 2008 10:01am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

Re: Release Dates

well it seems nobody knows?.. I still need info for the MC and MCD sad

I have managed to find back that LT range was released in 2002, LR was from 1999-2001 I think , I will recheck, and LO was from 2002-2004.
The while LO and LT range are filled, including pictures!  and the M range is filled up to MB358 (From M359 and forth, the references are still available at Mithril, for sale and are "in production")

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#3 Tue, Jul29 2008 9:04am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

Another release date question....

Does anybody know when the "Uruloki" MB369 was released?  as opposed to the M369 "Daïn Huscarl" which was released in 1995... The Uruloki has no base... and thus no reference plate below the base to check for copyright date... if any of you can give me a hint for the date... Thanks in advance...
(NB : I hope my database won't get crazy because of the M369 co-existing with MB369...)

#4 Tue, Jul29 2008 12:49pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Well, as the 'royal dragon of the First-age' was the first dragon I painted I can tell you all I know about it and hope it helps.
On the assembly sheet inside the box I could find the note:
"Copyright and Trademarks Tolkien Enterprises 1996"
To me that makes sense, because he is available in the 1997 catalogue as the third dragon (not counting M62) after 'The vengeance of Smaug' and 'Scatha'.

Yes, it's strange that in the 1997 catalogue MB369 is the Uruloki (page 24) and the M369 Dain huscarl (page 29). So both can be easily detected by referring exactly to the reference nr, either MB or M.
But what worries me a bit is the name of M369. "Dain huscarl" (English) clearly means that the figure is not King Dain, as a 'huscarl' is a member of a kingly bodyguard. That is expressed in the French name for the figure "Garde du Corps de Dain". So the German translation is absolutely misleading, as it is "Dain Eisenfuß" (Ironfoot) which is the king himself. Another fault by way of wrong (or inadequate) translation.
I hope this helps, Gildor.
Oh, by the way do you still need pics of the complete 'Saruman Army'? I managed to take them some months ago. Just tell me. I could send you a CD and include the original pic from the Balrog-box if you need it.

#5 Tue, Jul29 2008 1:13pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

thanks for the info theobald smile  and yes the pics are still welcome smile
about MB369 I was not sure if it was 1995 or 1996 but I knew that the next boxed set MB396 was done in 1996 so this one was necessarily in 1996 at best... smile which is the case

thanks again smile

#6 Tue, Jul29 2008 4:10pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Well, as you still are intersted ... I will do so.
I will send you a CD with all of those 'Saruman' fellows  and will enclose some leaflets from the first company in Germany providing 'Mithrils', which once was 'Laurin'.  These are those I did not send you last time ... hom ... I don't know why, but they're rare. Anyway I do hope that this time you might keep them, unless someone damages and riots your car again.
Should I also include the pic from the 'Uruloki'-box? - Just let me know, please.
Rhuooommmm

Tree, me

Take care

Post scriptum:
I nearly forgot to thank you for all the work you did since January 2008. Respect, Gildor, or should I rather say "chapeau!". Just keep on, and thank you.

#7 Tue, Jul29 2008 4:17pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

I doubt I will ever take such material in car again.... I now make copies of everything MMC people are sending me. As I begin to be the "depository" of many mithril ressources that I would not wish at all to be lost!
I do have the Uruloki box still Theobald, it's just I don't have it in my appartment right now... (I have gathered and collected every mithril boxes and blisters since I began collecting, I still have the M62 original box  I bought back in 1994 or so, with all the documents inside ... I still keep all of it (except for second-hand figurines I bought without blister; for them, I created artificial computer-generated blisters I print on blisterlike paper wink I know.. I am crazy ....)

As for your thanks, well thank you for your thanks lol
By the end of August, I hope the database will be totally filled.. I think it will... I have reached MB369 so far.... and all other ranges are already filled. Uploading pictures is done in ten seconds for each reference... the longest part is to work on those pictures to resize them, but I'll manage smile

Once the Database is done... I plan to make a mass advertisment and reference my site seriously to make it win credits on Google, so far I have kept it quite "incognito" even if the Mithril collectors begin to know where to look at smile

Hopefully with the help of Chris Tubb, I will have exclusive material found nowhere else on the internet concerning his works...

#8 Tue, Jul29 2008 6:18pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

I just checked the dates below my figurines and got amazed!!!
there were no figurines released for two years?? nothing in 1997 nor 1998? in 1997 only the MC1-30 and MCD1-11 seem to have been released. Strictly nothing in 1998??
the village of Bree is from 1996... the last released pre-M400 boxed set "cold drake" was from 1996...
then Mithril released the LR in 1999 and later the LT in 2001....

#9 Tue, Jul29 2008 7:12pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Yes, you're right with that, Gildor. That's what I call the dark ages of Mithril ... after quite a while even the new start of the LR-series went down (you remember those differently shaped bases).
After the LR-series did not achieve the high prospects of a limited series the LO (54mm) were put on. As we all know they didn't sell well and by now are not much appreciated any more.
So are the Christmas figures. I stubbornly asked for a Christmas figure for 2007, as there was none in 2006. - Well, I simply was afraid that Mithril was forgetting about a Christmas Figure once again. Then I tried to remind that another figure is due to those collecting the MS-range ...
I also started a thread on the Mithril-site about an anniversary figure that is due to appear this year. ... well, M500 is a fine Gandalf anyway ...

#10 Wed, Jul30 2008 6:20am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

Chris Tubb is still sculpting many 54mm figurines but it seems Mithril collectors or simple customers are not interested anymore about them (at all)... a pity sad I really liked the 54mm LO and the Christmas figurines...
The Celting legends, the Edman Collection and other roman figurines by C.Tubb are still made though. I just saw brand new Prince August figurines mould sets at my shop last week end, the style was undoubtly "Tubb-ish"

Board footer