Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#76 Sun, Jan17 2010 1:44pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Re: works

wonderful, simply wonderful ... keeps me breathless ... thank you, rita.de, for providing the pictures ...
once again your way of assembling figures together with natural material and having a fascinating water-colour background ... well, from now on I will regard you as a three (not: tree) - dimensionable painter ... that's perfect, Master Rita.de. ... so you spent your time well in those quiet days between Christmas and New Year's Day ... thank you again.
As for hard jobs you mentioned ... indeed there are some ... "The Tree will know" you said, and he knows about that. wink

#77 Sun, Jan17 2010 2:06pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huoommm ... Arthadan, as for them trees Master Rita.de is perfect with his arts in water-colour.
Those trees added to the diorama you can find everywhere in your garden (the ones with the lichen you mean?) ... I prefer those 'hibiscus' to provide me with such pieces ... though it takes some time until lichen and spore decide to produce ... rhuoommm ... not less than about 5 years ... anyway ... it's worth it (by now I have a nice collection of lichen and moss)
The easiest way is to take a walk in a forest and find things ... that's all there is about ... huoom

#78 Sun, Jan17 2010 2:23pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Fantastic job as ever and yet again the subtle background painting pulls it all together. Thanks for sharing.

have you thought about sending all these painted images to Michael at the Mithril web site for inclusion in the Fans gallery section (Thingol and others as well) as I'm sure that visitors looking will be amazed at what can be done with MM's.

#79 Sun, Jan17 2010 3:47pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Yes, Master Arthadan, Master Theobald is completely right in what he mentioned. The source for those trees is: REAL NATURE.
There is nothing better as real natural material!
I prefer taking a turn in the woods with my wife on sunday afternoons- usually during the cold-times, as today. Puuh, it was cold outside! Time for a hot chocolate . . .
These lichens you will find near creeks and ponds. You don´t have to wait 5 years, they already exist . . . lol
But believe me, also in this case the Tree is right!
Well, as far as Mr. Daines concernes: I am already there, in the fan painting-section of the homepage of the company we trust in-since 8 years-!
But not under this curious name- unfortunately.
You have to know my real name . . .It´s not that difficult!
Thank you very much, gentlemen, as mentioned: time for the hot chocolate . . .

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#80 Sun, Jan17 2010 4:47pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Oops! wink I think I forgot those images as I tend to look for new names on that forum. Enjoy that hot chocolate, but you deserve something much stronger for the pleasure of seeing your work.

David

#81 Sun, Jan17 2010 5:02pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

... and drying the liches ... huoommm ... thanks for your compliments, Master Rita.de ... a turn in the woods is something good ... there's so much that can be found there ... and of course you won't have to wait 5 years for that ... lol ... I just was talking about the lichens in my garden ...
they're about 35 years by now and still do provide a good quality ...
rhuoomm ... hot cocoa with a top of whipped cream, slightly covered with grated dark chocolate ... huoomm ... then a wee dram of that Islay-liquid put into it ... hom ... yes, that's what I will do now ... good idea, Master Rita.de ....

#82 Sun, Jan17 2010 7:21pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

What a magnificent diorama my friend.. It looks so real that I could imagine my own adventure through your pictures... I was asking my self when we would see some of your great work... and finally... after tons of snow a front of your house something else has come on public smile

it is a great pleasure to se such a master piece.... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#83 Mon, Jan18 2010 4:22pm

Gavin
Skilled Artisan

What incredible work.

I adore your dioramas.

They ooze atmosphere and they all have a little story. Wonderful.

#84 Mon, Jan18 2010 6:58pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

speechless! i am speechless... Wish I could do such great work myself sad I definitly lack the necessary art... imagination,  place... and time ...

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#85 Mon, Jan18 2010 9:21pm

Arthadan
Traveller

Thanks for your answer! I'll do some research next time I have the chance to go for a walk in a forest. How do you dry the lichens?

To mortal fields say farewell,
Middle-earth forsaking!
In Elvenhome a clear bell
in the high tower is shaking.

#86 Mon, Jan18 2010 10:08pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Master Arthadan, the lichens dry themselves. Sometimes a little bit of wood-clue is necessary, but not usually . . .
Again gentlemen, thank you for your friendly comments.

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#87 Wed, Jan20 2010 7:18pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Dear friend, few minutes ago I bought 3 trolls on mithril.ie... they have 20% discount on all The Hobbit influenced figures... smile so as your pictures really affected me, I decided to try to paint trolls just like you did... You have give me inspiration smile for special kind of art work... I will try to make a copy of your work.... Master !

#88 Thu, Jan21 2010 9:08am

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

You are more than welcomed, dear mithril friend from Croatia, more than welcomed . . .
But: don´t make just a copy. Put something of your own soul inside . . . I am curious about the result . . .

#89 Thu, Jan21 2010 12:17pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Thanks..... master elf... I hope soon I will able to present you my painting work... with Bert, Tom and William..... made of stone.... with something of my own soul inside.... wink....

lol and your CD will go to Gremany tomorrow

#90 Thu, Jan21 2010 2:53pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Ahhh- I remember I am waiting for something . . . big_smile If it is again your beloved wife going to postoffice, give my regards to her . . . wink

#91 Thu, Jan21 2010 3:19pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

I will... for sure ! smile

#92 Sun, Feb14 2010 11:47am

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Just being busy in fulfilling my Moria-project. My never ending project- working on it many years. There is still much to do.
An important step for finishing is the cavetroll-scene, being a central part of the whole Moria-dio.
And yes, the chain will have an end . . .

Click to close

#93 Sun, Feb14 2010 7:16pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Im so much exited about this project !!!!!!!!!! As I have seen picture before.... new Moria will be spectacular diorama.... ouuuhhhh ! smile an finally this Cave Troll of the Under-deeps are superb.... in expecting of new pictures..........

#94 Sun, Feb14 2010 7:23pm

Arthadan
Traveller

Very nice Troll!!

Middle-earth forsaking!

#95 Sun, Feb14 2010 10:51pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Oh yes, Master Estel, me too. Especially for that reason that I found a solution of what we have discussed last year.
You remember the "bases-problem" of the orcs? Last year- oh my goodness. Time flies quickly . . .
Well, that chain idea pleases me a lot, because this scene (being part of the whole one) is a very important one (of the whole one)
Kind of an eye-catcher in a special part of the diorama . . .
This was the concept:

Click to close

So, you saw the finished Troll, the orc is also painted, just put them together . . . That will take time, as everybody will assume . . .

Last edited by rita.de (Sun, Feb14 2010 10:51pm)

#96 Tue, Feb16 2010 2:14pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Very interesting....
Waiting to see more! smile

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#97 Thu, Feb18 2010 10:49pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

mmh, I don´t want to bother you neither with whitchkings and standart-beares nor orcish people . . . not at all . . .
BUT: I am painting these orcish people in the meanwhile to reach the finish-point of my Moria-diorama- after thirty years or so.
AND: I fell in love with this one: what a marvellous orc! There is soo many details to discover when painting this guy . . .

Click to close

Last edited by rita.de (Thu, Feb18 2010 10:56pm)

#98 Thu, Feb18 2010 10:55pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Oh, you have to know: of any mithril miniatures I am proud of to poss there exists a 360° overview . . .

Click to close

What a great orcish figure this is . . .

Last edited by rita.de (Fri, Feb19 2010 9:08am)

#99 Fri, Feb19 2010 6:41am

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

....every day, comes more good news from Mirkwood.... expected... or not... this is one of the best shield created by your infinite imagination... inspiring.... and yes...soon whole Moria will be photographed in 360° overview.... he !

#100 Fri, Feb19 2010 7:54am

Arthadan
Traveller

More Orcish goodness! Your Moria project looks most promising, I can't wait to see the whole thing smile

Middle-earth forsaking!

Board footer