Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Wed, Apr15 2009 9:16pm

Kenakko
Dude of Westernesse

Where the heck is Baliman?!

Hello all,  I was asked via shire post to let all the members know here that our beloved Barliman suffered the Black Breath on his hard drive (yes, he does suspect agents of Sauron).  Further, he won't be able to pop into the Pony until after the replacement of said computer and his return from his own subsequent journey to Middle Earth after May 29th!  I think Nob will look after the place and perhaps we shouldn't mention the permanent 'happy hour' prices during his time away!!!wink  Cheers,  Ken

#2 Wed, Apr15 2009 9:27pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Re: Where the heck is Baliman?!

Huoommm .... thanks for letting us know about this, Master Kenakko .... huommmrhuoomm

#3 Wed, Apr15 2009 10:12pm

Nob
The in(n)famous Keeper

Oh noooo! More work to do and so little time for the cleanup!
Bob!! come here I need help in the Taproom! Bob? damn where is he?

*going down the stairs into the cellar...***BIG NOISE***

#4 Thu, Apr16 2009 1:36pm

hsf62
Master Caster

The Black Breath  doesn't always have to be a bad thing...
HAPPY HOUR!
Hey Nob, come back and fill up my stein please!!

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#5 Thu, Apr16 2009 1:49pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huooommmm ....is it the taproom we're in here now? .... huom ... I dunno

#6 Thu, Apr16 2009 2:07pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Oh, bloody wrong door again, no wonder I'm not getting a drink.....

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#7 Thu, Apr16 2009 6:29pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huoommmm ... so we should do .... rhuoommm ... I wondered a while why there are no wargskins in here ... rhuoommm ... so let's make haste for the taproom ...rhuoomm ...

#8 Wed, May13 2009 6:46pm

Kenakko
Dude of Westernesse

I have just read a post card from our Barliman:   Alive and well in NZ/Middle Earth...should be back with us May 29 (recall the Black Breath hard drive issues!).  I just hope the Moa search I sent him on doesn't get him too lost or the Kiwi I asked for can fit in his carry on bag!wink

#9 Fri, May15 2009 7:40am

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Half of May is over now - but: where are all those people?!
The Troll still hides himself and Bard still stays somewhere in the bushes with this thrush.
And all these Isengard guys . . .
The torture doesn´t stops . . .

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#10 Fri, May29 2009 1:11pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

OK, I'm back, and Happy Hour ends right now...

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#11 Fri, May29 2009 1:13pm

hsf62
Master Caster

What a shame for the happy hour, but anyway, welcome back Mater Barliman! You have been missed, but you are back at the right time.

#12 Fri, May29 2009 1:19pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

well Master Butterbur, I am happy to see you again.... I am currently leading the host of Valinor back in those lands... I have put upon my breast my ancestral Valinorian Noldor plate armors (yes elven hosts from Valinor have plate wink ) and leading simultaneously an assault on the siege of unfairness with the Ent army in march lead by Master Theobald... I leave upon your hands the managing of The Prancing Pony and Bree... maybe you'll join our "war-effort" somehow...

Come on Nob, come with me little one... we have a long road to travel...

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#13 Fri, May29 2009 1:19pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Now this barkeep has to shut down the happy hour, now when we finerly got such a big crowd visiting the Pony....da@$#

#14 Fri, May29 2009 5:34pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huoommmm ...rhuoommm ... welcome back Master Barliman ... huomm ... good to meet you again ... huoommm ... but, please, take your time to settle down before you start to comment on the latest facts ... rhuoommm ... you know, don't haste, please ... rhuoommm ... there's some trouble as you already might have witnessed ... huoomm ... until you haven't kept yourself informed about these matters you will not understand Master Gildor's last entry ... rhuoomm ...
Rhuooommmmhuoommm ... anyway ... it's good to have you here again and I do hope that you really did enjoy your absence .... huoom

#15 Fri, May29 2009 5:44pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huoommm ... Master Barliman ... sorry I forgot to ask ... hom ... what would you prefer being served ... some of that clear clean watery liquid ... or that honey-coloured-appely one ... huom ... we also have a very nice Bitter to offer (we found a barrel downstairs) ... rhuoomm.

#16 Sat, May30 2009 7:21am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

I've actually taken to a rather nice antipodean beverage hight (sorry, been reading too much JRRT while I've been wandering) called Steinlager Pure. I'm hoping I may be able to find it on this side of the sundering sea too. A goodly ale. Even beats Mac's Gold.

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#17 Sat, May30 2009 8:02am

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Well welcome back Barli, but I'm just off myself so can take no further part in the 'Last Debate', that has sprung  up.

See Y'all in a week.

Board footer