Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Mon, May4 2009 2:40am

presto247365
Adventurer

Travelling to Paris in May

Hey Mithril collectors in Paris!

I will be visiting Paris this month, from 16th May-24th May.  It is a trip with a group of chefs, students and culinarians. We will be visiting some major tourist sites, but also dining at one, two and three star Michelin restaurants, visiting food markets and purveyors, and learning about the professional French kitchen. 

My question;  is there anything in Paris that I should not miss in relation to gaming and Mithrils!!  I will have some free time, mostly in the evenings or afternoons.  Thank you so much!

#2 Mon, May4 2009 7:34am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

Re: Travelling to Paris in May

"Bienvenue à Paris" presto smile

Well Wish I could be there myself but alas I live in south of France... I'll try to fetch you some good places to visits in terms of gaming and mithril figurines.

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#3 Mon, May4 2009 1:06pm

Wendy
Slowest Painter Ever
Website

I am so jealous!  big_smile
Parles-tu francais, presto?

#4 Mon, May4 2009 2:11pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Uhhh visiting the city of love....
Very nice indeed. Worth more then one visit, but not enough time for you to see it all, what a shame...

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#5 Mon, May4 2009 4:17pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

well don't be mistaken, Paris is not a very beautiful town actually smile lots of urban legends and myths and lots of history and museums and good tourism but that's not what I'd call "beautiful" smile

About gaming shops I am not sure about which one still sell mithril or not but some of the oldest RPG shops are near the university at Jussieu, one of the most famous names is "l'Oeuf Cube" (it used to be, and still is, a great place for Magic the Gathering CCG trading and selling,  old RPG books and lots of figurines but I don't think they still have mithril...
If you continue on the big avenue leading from Jussieu to St-Michel quarter, you'll find Descartes shops too. that sometimes have rarities, but lately not as much as they used to have sad

as for museums and things to visits, indeed there are tons... le Louvre, la Tour Eiffel, Middle-Age museum, the Champs-Elysees...

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#6 Thu, May7 2009 1:06pm

presto247365
Adventurer

Ahh...thanks for the info.  I don't actually have command of very much French, but my sparkling personality and winning smile should carry me along roll

I'm sure this will not be the last time I journey to Paris, as there is much I would like to see in the rest of France as well that there is no time for on this trip.

Board footer