You are not logged in.

Announcement

#26 Thu, Feb14 2008 10:07pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

Re: Beregond, Bergil and Pippin, Maybe?

absolutly marvelous!
Once the gallery is fully functionnal, I should create a section dedicated for your work and copy your dioramas over there by the way. The forum is meant to be an "antichamber" for the official gallery part of the site which will grant them full advantage I think

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#27 Mon, Aug11 2008 2:41am

Axe99
Master of Photos

Great stuff David - it's been a while since I looked at any of your dioramas, and they're as good as ever smile

#28 Mon, Aug11 2008 10:27am

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

I agree with that. Absolute fantastic. Especially the ships: Wow! I am planning to create something concerning the grey havens for a decade or so, but I fail on the point with the ship ! This crusade Kogge from ZVESDA- a russian model shop !-is the best. It´s worth looking at the other stuff from them: www.zvesda.org.ru ( somebody out there who is understanding that curyllic . . . ) It is better to google with the words zvesda and ships !
the grey havens: Puuhhh- I think I should think about it . . .

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#29 Mon, Aug11 2008 7:11pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Thanks for the comments guys - the Zvesda Cog is really a very nice ship in its own right with crisp moulding and the scale is nearer to Mithril than 1/72nd imho.

David

#30 Wed, Sep10 2008 8:41pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

rita.de wrote:

I agree with that. Absolute fantastic. Especially the ships: Wow! I am planning to create something concerning the grey havens for a decade or so, but I fail on the point with the ship ! This crusade Kogge from ZVESDA- a russian model shop !-is the best. It´s worth looking at the other stuff from them: www.zvesda.org.ru ( somebody out there who is understanding that curyllic . . . ) It is better to google with the words zvesda and ships !
the grey havens: Puuhhh- I think I should think about it . . .

I have a Santa Maria by Revell/Heller? which is in the process of becoming 'The Last Elven-ship', or at least the passing of Frodo, Gandalf etc. at the end of the story. With a bit of converting it will hopefully turn into a nice Elven ship (but don't hold your breath for a finished result though wink ), I'm sort of holding back a bit partly because this scene to me is closure on The Lord of the Rings, and it would be kind of sad to see the characters sailing off, but sentiments aside I will try and get it finished one day, lol.

If Zvesda do the Santa Maria as well then that would probably be a nicer model going by the quality of the Kog which exceeded my expectations.

#31 Thu, Sep11 2008 10:09am

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

In fact, David, I have made my mind up with the ships. I do know Revell´s Santa Maria and it seems to me a very good alternative. I agree to you, that it looks- in a converted scene- more elvish. Concerning the zvesda model I have heard some rumors about the less quality?  sad
Some model-freaks in german modelling- forums are discussing that- by the way: great works to find at these model-forums. Those guys are  wonderful . . .  big_smile
Can you agree with that? I don´t like Revell very much- but the Santa Maria is a very nice ship indeed - and in general !
Yes, yes- the grey havens . . .  my unfulfilled passion. roll
In the meantime there are a lot of works in progress rising on my horizon ( is this right wording ? ).
Don´t forget Turin and Glaurung, there are also some Harad dioramas in progress, and there are . . . . .
I am afraid that time won´t last. Everybodys fate, I suppose . . .

Last edited by rita.de (Thu, Sep11 2008 10:16am)

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

Board footer