Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Tue, Nov10 2009 10:27am

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Scatha the Worm-pictures wanted

Honourable mithril enthusiasts,
I am looking for pictures of Scatha. I only find dissatisfying examples.
Maybe you can help. Feel free posting some perspectives which are quiet unusual, to show some details . . .
Thanks in advance from rita.de

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#2 Tue, Nov10 2009 11:16am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Re: Scatha the Worm-pictures wanted

Well, I foud some old pics in my private gallery. Though they're not unusual as I tried to paint the dragon according to the colour-scheme presented on the box many many years ago.

Click to close

Click to close

Click to close

Click to close

Click to close

That's all I can find at the moment.

#3 Tue, Nov10 2009 2:00pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

WOW- Master Theobald, thank you very much indeed for these many pics. That´s exactly what I am looking for.
By the way: that was also a very good occasion to elicit one of the very rare pictures of your painting-abilities,
which are very high, let me tell this.
You should think about sharing more paint-examples of yourself with this wonderful community!
Amazing, Master Theobald, very amazing. Especially the wings. Perfect gradients.
But not to forget the different colour-shades of the scurfs. I thing I like that the most.
And I know what I am talking about . . . wink

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#4 Tue, Nov10 2009 2:35pm

OriginalAragorn
Strider

I don't know what Scurfs are, master Christoph!  Are they related to scrumpy?

In any case, I agree with Christoph.  This is brilliant, subtle painting!  The scales look wonderful, the expressiveness of the eyes, face, etc.  Great!  You (and the rest of the gang as well) should post more of your fine stuff!!  big_smile

There are only about 5-6 people that routinely post art, but I know there are more artists on the site than that.  smile

And here we find you feasting and idling - and smoking! Smoking! Where did you come by the weed, you villains? - Gimli

#5 Tue, Nov10 2009 2:39pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Well, scurfs are the dragon´s skin, I suppose?! hmm Tell me.

#6 Tue, Nov10 2009 7:23pm

protozeus
Adventurer

Impressive sight! (Oh my, I think I will hide my own painted stuff even further towards the bottom of my treasure chest.)

ménin aeíde, theá, beórnou órkeiphágou!

#7 Tue, Nov10 2009 8:58pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Oh, thanks for your generous compliments ... I just wanted to help Master Rita.de a bit, as he asked for help.
As for you, Master Protozeus, there's no need to hide any of those beautiful figures anywhere.

#8 Wed, Nov11 2009 1:11pm

hsf62
Master Caster

rita.de wrote:

Well, scurfs are the dragon´s skin, I suppose?! hmm Tell me.

scales it is called Master rita.de , but it really didn't matter, because everyone knew what you where talking about anyhow!wink

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#9 Wed, Nov11 2009 6:41pm

OriginalAragorn
Strider

Christoph - I'm sorry if my response bothered you!  I was just being sarcastic/stupid/juvenile, etc.  Frankly, I was just fooling around.

I didn't mean to poke fun!

George
big_smile

And here we find you feasting and idling - and smoking! Smoking! Where did you come by the weed, you villains? - Gimli

#10 Wed, Nov11 2009 9:53pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

No need to be sorry, Master OA. Not at all. Everything is all right. big_smile  Look at facebook . . .
And thank you dear friend Master Caster. I will put the word inside my vocabulary.  big_smile

#11 Wed, Nov11 2009 10:36pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

A wonderful, if rare glimpse of Master Theobalds painting skills which look very effective I must say. More if you please sir! smile

#12 Thu, Nov12 2009 7:08am

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

You must find some time to paint few miniatures. I would like to see your new painting work master tree... this Scatha in nice painted ! smile

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#13 Thu, Nov12 2009 9:57am

hsf62
Master Caster

Master Ent, if you can't paint, I can't cast!big_smile
Please show us more!

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#14 Sun, Nov15 2009 5:20pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Thank you all ... thank you very much.
As I have some time now watching the entries of this year's Christmas riddle I can spend some time on providing some more pics. Alas, you cannot know that I do like dragons sculpted by Master Tubb. So here are some more very old pics of the 'Cold Drake'. Again I tried to paint that beast according to the picture on the box.

Click to close

Click to close

Click to close

Click to close

and here you can see how light can cheat you ....

Click to close

smile

#15 Sun, Nov15 2009 5:32pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Nice painting work... I like this way of painting without big contrasts... it looks so naturally smile I have also this dragon, but painted in grey and soft blue colors....

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#16 Sun, Nov15 2009 5:42pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

These are grey and soft-blue colours ! ... except that bit of orange in the face, some yellow in the eyes ... you see, sun's cheating ... blue turns to appear green and grey gets some touch of metal ...
That's why I do not like to provide pics of my paintings here ... photography will never be able to show reality as I witness it ... well, then I'm a bad photographer, too ..

#17 Sun, Nov15 2009 10:57pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

O yes, Master Theobald, I share your passion about Dragons sculpted by The MAN. This Cold Drake I like the most, I have to confess.
There is sooo much to paint . . . This Cold Drake was the first I have seen when I open the internet page of mithril a decade or more ago.
And it was the frist thing I have ordered there, in Ireland. Exciting that was, a decade or more ago . . .
Not to forget: nice painting job!

#18 Sun, Nov15 2009 11:23pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Well, and it was MB397 ... the cold drake of the withered heath ... he was the last figure before what I like to call "The dark ages of Mithril" began ... the Nightwatch was the last M-release then.
There were two boxed sets, one was Shelob's lair and the other was the cold drake ... then it ended .... rhuoommmm ... it took years before a new start was made with the releases of the limited LR-series ... new shape of the bases, new packages including painting-suggestions ... yes, I do remember well ... but what exactly is a decade?

#19 Sun, Nov15 2009 11:44pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

What I just wanted to point out is the fact that the sun might irritate your perception of things ... or dragons ...

Click to close

Click to close

Click to close

you know what I mean?

#20 Sun, Nov15 2009 11:59pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

As you seem to share my passion for those dragons, Master Rita.de I just had a look and found pics of good-old Uruloki ... the one that cannot fly ...

Click to close

Click to close

nice guy, isn't he? ... well I have to tame him a bit more ... when time will come

#21 Mon, Nov16 2009 8:43pm

Maenas
Traveller

Nice dragons are these, master ent.
Just like green leafs turn to yellow or even red colours, your paintings seem to share these effect. wink

---
Mae govannen mellon nín.

Board footer