Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#51 Sat, Feb16 2008 5:00pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Re: The Taproom

Rhuoomm ... yes, Master Barliman. It is known for quite some time. Rhuoommm ... what makes me feel happy about this is the fact that Mithril again gained the "fortune" to provide the "Salute 08" with some figures. - The warg-rider is brilliant, by the way.... rhuoommhom ... or the other way round? ... huooommm.

#52 Sat, Feb16 2008 5:05pm

Kenakko
Dude of Westernesse

Do we have any 'friends' going to Salute 08 with a large ziplock bag?!hmm

#53 Sun, Feb17 2008 12:31am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

I cannot spend neither time nor money on that ... sorry, Ken.

#54 Sun, Feb17 2008 12:41am

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Barliman wrote:

Be honest, you're just making sure that no one with a naked flame gets too near your woody hide!

By the way, I've only just discovered that The Man has produced a figure for the Salute show again, as he did last year. Was anyone aware of this? I'hd heard a very vague hint somewhere (no, not from our resident brushwood), but now I see it has actually come to pass. It's a very nice (if you can call the subject matter 'nice') orc chieftain on a wolf with an armoured headpiece. There are some pictures of it on the Salute website at:

http://www.salute.co.uk/saluteframe.htm

Super figure, in fact. I shall be after getting hold of more than one of these, on eBay or otherwise...

Mmmnnn! Master Barli, I posted this info on the main Mithril web site a couple of weeks back under the thread title SALUTE 2008 (I think tongue). I stumbled on it by chance just seeing if there was a Mithril peice being done, and lo & behold....

This was before the new MMP came into being though.

#55 Sun, Feb17 2008 7:29am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Doesn't surprise me - I didn't think it was very likely that no one had noticed it! Strangely (perhaps), I don't browse the Mithril site very often: it changes so infrequently, and is so much less entertaining than our own fireside chats, that I've got out of the habit. I tend to just pop in, check on the current status of the Fellowship poll, and pop out again (er, if you see what I mean...).

Perhaps I should start paying more attention. Trouble is, I've got enough on my plate already, and as seem to I recall saying on a previous famous occasion, I haven't got six legs, nor six eyes neither!

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#56 Sun, Feb17 2008 10:52am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huooommmmm .... so, Master Barliman, what do you think of the oncoming 463? ... do you like it, I mean as far as it has been sculpted ... hommuommm ... I would appreciate your judgement upon this matter ... hom

#57 Sun, Feb17 2008 1:29pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huoommm ... working all the morning in that gallery, trying to sort out and fix what was broken, I really do need a rest here .... huoommm ... so far I never learned to know an Entish being considering how to produce an inside gallery ... rhuoommm ... so why me? ... anyway, once I decided ... I'll keep on ... I do like that "close-look-tool" Master Gildor installed ... very nice indeed .... huoommmm ....
coiny things, Master Barliman? ... I have none ... at least I'll have to save them for those tiny metal things as they turn out to be quite expensive this year ... let me consider ... rhuoommm
there'll be the Christmas figure 2007 ... hmmrhuommm ... another MX ... the 'Reforging of Anduril' and 'Annatar fighting Celebrimbor' ... huom ... the Witch King in his real shape ... alas ...of course those Swan Knights (which might be a bit expensive because they're mounted) ... another Salute-warg-08 figure ... hommm ... then there's the uncertainty about the anniversary -figure this year .... hoommmmm ... next summer there should be a second 'special-release' for the Gold-Fellowship-Members having bought accordingly .... rhuoommhuommm ... then late this year the 'Easterlings' might be completed ... hom ... did I forget to mention the further monthly releases of the MS-series ... alas ... you see, Master Barliman ... it turns out to be a bit expensive this year ... huoomm ... that's why I don't have any coiny things left and try to perchase that liquid here with facts and rumours ... huooommmm .... hom

#58 Sun, Feb17 2008 1:31pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

purchase ... sorry for that... huoommm

#59 Sun, Feb17 2008 1:34pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

When you put it all together like that, Master Tree, it's really going to be a bumper year, isn't it? - if a little costly. Assuming all these figures actually materialise (and I think by now we've all learnt to be perhaps a tad cynical on that score), it will be a Mithril record!

You've cheered me up so much that I'll let you have the next drink free.

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#60 Sun, Feb17 2008 5:20pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huoommmm ... thank you indeed, Master Barliman.  .... huoommm ... a nice liquid there's in that bowl .... huooommm

#61 Sun, Feb17 2008 5:29pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Just been over to the Mathom House to take a look at young Imrahil. That's a very nice figure of the Prince indeed, though the horse looks a bit wonky in this one picture - assuming that it's his actual horse? Ah, no, I see there's a separate picture of the actual horse - ah, that's much better. If THAT'S his horse then this is going to be a fine figure!

#62 Mon, Feb18 2008 12:50pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Thank you your comment ... huoommmm .... I can keep you all informed, if you wish ..... huom

#63 Mon, Feb18 2008 12:55pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Yes indeed.

#64 Mon, Feb18 2008 1:27pm

hsf62
Master Caster

A very nice Prince indeed! Good on ya Master Ent! A wise decision for the wisest of Ents to get him done. A idea like this has to be honoured and therefor I will pay for the drinks of my friend the Ent from now on. Hopefully the rumours won't drown in to much of this nice liquid!tongue

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#65 Mon, Feb18 2008 1:49pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Ah, do you want to settle the Tree's tab while you're feeling generous? I hope you've got enough arms and legs that you can afford to part with a few of them...

#66 Mon, Feb18 2008 3:00pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huooommmm ... thank you very much Master Caster .... huom.... methinks  Master Barliman is exaggerating a little bit  about those tabs as I can only recall one .... rhuomm

#67 Mon, Feb18 2008 3:16pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Hmm the Master Barkeep must have heard of the dwarfen gold...
But you are right, you need a lot of arms and legs to carry it...big_smile

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#68 Mon, Feb18 2008 3:18pm

hsf62
Master Caster

You are welcome Master Ent! You also should find something to read and to ponder about in you letterbox.

Last edited by hsf62 (Mon, Feb18 2008 3:18pm)

#69 Mon, Feb18 2008 4:13pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

A footnote on the subject of this years' Salute figure, by the way, is that after last year's hoo-hah it isn't an 'official' Mithril figure, just a Prince August figure. Interestingly, however, the early pre-production castings do have the Mithril name on the base and, what's more interesting, a number...I'm trying to get hold of one of these at the moment, and will let you know if I find out anything more.

#70 Mon, Feb18 2008 5:44pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Yes, The Prince does indeed look a princely figure and a very welcome addition to the range. There seems to have been a run on battle weary warriors of late - Aragorn and Eomer, and now Imrahil.

#71 Tue, Feb19 2008 1:11pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huooommm ... yes, I started planning that figure about half a year ago .... hom .... thanks for your comments about that metal piece ... huooommm .... yesterday I found one that even is a bit more up to date, so to say .... rhuoommm .... I fixed it at the same place, so you might have a short glance at it ... rhuommm ....

#72 Tue, Feb19 2008 1:44pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

It's looking better and better. I only hope that I'm able to afford one when the time comes!

#73 Tue, Feb19 2008 2:36pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huuooommmm .... that of course depends on the amount of tabs I still have to pay for, Master Barliman ... rhuoommm ...

#74 Tue, Feb19 2008 2:38pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Rhhuooommmm .... sorry I forgot ... let's say one or two more months to be passed ... huoommm ... but I will not haste, you know ... hom

#75 Thu, Feb21 2008 2:24pm

Kenakko
Dude of Westernesse

ddaines wrote:

There seems to have been a run on battle weary warriors of late - Aragorn and Eomer, and now Imrahil.

Yes, right.  I don't suppose there are any hidden messages, after all, art isn't the voice of the ID or anything:|

Board footer