Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Thu, Mar4 2010 8:13pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

The White Rider

I don't think this scene needs much explaining, I have wanted to do it for so long, but minor problems kept delaying it.

Click to close

Gandalf the White is not quite as White as he could be courtesy of an ink wash, however it is done now roll

The stairway made for Entish legs was a bit awkward to fit in given my base restrictions but I think it turned out ok.

Click to close

Gandalf's hat and grey cloak are scratch from Magic Sculpt, and I added the 'tree' more as a bit of artistic licence. Legolas needs a bow string added as well.

Click to close

I hope you enjoy - it's good to be back now that we are reconnected to the internet big_smile, amazing how much you miss the bl**dy thing when you haven't got it.

David

#2 Thu, Mar4 2010 9:49pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Re: The White Rider

This diorama shows again the high quality of Mr. David Daines!
And this is the reason, why he was absence for four months, or were it five months . . . wink
The landscape is fantastic David, wow, and also a good choice who appeares in it . . .

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#3 Thu, Mar4 2010 10:12pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Many thanks Rita.de. I feel I have achieved something having finally 'nailed' this project after many moons wink

#4 Fri, Mar5 2010 7:40am

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

....this is new one of your's magnificent ideas...how to make greate diorama using greate figures Master David... I hope one day I will be able to make dioremas like you and Christoph... and my mithril "small" shelf will be replaced with big one smile..Right now I'm concentrate myself to fill in my collection and soon I will go back to my original hoby...making dioramas... anyway this is beautiful combination of mithril( Chris's)  art and David artistic expression smile smile smile smile smile smile compliments....again...and again...and again...

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#5 Fri, Apr2 2010 3:58pm

Milo
The Attic Warden

Never thpught this scene could be done with mithrils miniatures. Great that is.

As usual I shall say Master David, I'm astonished with such realistic environment (almost as perfect as Grand Ma's garden !).

I 'm really found of you trees !

Maybe a training for all off us could be planned?

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#6 Fri, Apr2 2010 8:18pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

.... I like David's dioramas.... Milo.... take a look at other topics of David's work.... !

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#7 Fri, Apr2 2010 8:48pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huoommm ... there even are some pics which show a tree in his Prancing Pony diorama ... huom ... though I don't know why ...

#8 Sat, Apr3 2010 6:58pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Milo wrote:

Never thpught this scene could be done with mithrils miniatures. Great that is.

As usual I shall say Master David, I'm astonished with such realistic environment (almost as perfect as Grand Ma's garden !).

I 'm really found of you trees !

Maybe a training for all off us could be planned?

Thank you for your comments, in this case Milo the little tree is the 'real-deal', a twig picked up and used. The rocks are plaster casts. I do have a load of plastic trees from Woodland Scenics but haven't used them yet, as well as some stuff called Sea-Foam, which can be used to make some nice trees along with wire and masonry (textured) paint. Again I haven't tried this but hope to do so.

More on the way when I get a free moment wink

#9 Sat, Apr3 2010 7:11pm

OriginalAragorn
Strider

That is just great David!  Ever since I've been a member here, I've really enjoyed looking at your dioramas.  They are all very well done...

Kudos!

George

And here we find you feasting and idling - and smoking! Smoking! Where did you come by the weed, you villains? - Gimli

#10 Mon, Apr5 2010 3:48pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

OriginalAragorn wrote:

That is just great David!  Ever since I've been a member here, I've really enjoyed looking at your dioramas.  They are all very well done...

Kudos!

George

Thanks George, and congratulations on your news as posted in the Pony wink

David

#11 Thu, Apr15 2010 1:15am

jdbrown55
Marshal of the Mark

Excellent diorama! You seem to always out do yourself each time!big_smile

These are indeed strange days, dreams and legends spring to life out of the grass! - Eomer

Board footer