Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#726 Tue, Aug26 2014 9:00am

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Re: THE HOBBIT MOVIE

That means, that the secret is not the secret . . .

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#727 Tue, Aug26 2014 9:39am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

well I never said there were secrets smile

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#728 Mon, Sep1 2014 5:09pm

Gavin
Skilled Artisan

I really love the Phaeton figures I have. I am going to treat myself to more when there's a bit more money about.

It must be hard to sell the things, though. I suspect he may need to find some other way of distributing them. It's kind of hard to find the site, they figures are pricey (though lovely).

I am wondering if he might consider working for someone like Dark Sword or Reaper in the US, either...

#729 Mon, Sep1 2014 9:55pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

his contract with mithril may forbid him to work for another company except his own freelance one...

besides I'm not sure other companies would be interested in his "style"... and one thing is sure he will not change his style...

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#730 Mon, Sep1 2014 11:00pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

. . . oh yes- that is absolutely right! I suppose that is not a positive intension of what I was saying.

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#731 Thu, Sep18 2014 3:59pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

#732 Thu, Sep18 2014 4:13pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

At last, all the extras that non Blu Ray buyers were deprived of on the standard edition release.

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#733 Thu, Oct23 2014 8:02am

erchamion
Adventurer

¡Fuera, viejo Tumulario! ¡Desaparece a la luz! ¡Encógete como la niebla fría, llora como el viento en las tierra estériles, más allá de los montes! ¡No regreses aquí! ¡Deja vacío el túmulo! Perdido y olvidado, más sombrío que la sombra, quédate donde las puertas están cerradas para siempre, hasta los tiempos de un mundo mejor. Tom Bombadil LOTR1

#734 Thu, Oct23 2014 8:36am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Funnily enough, I was just about to post this myself. Brilliant fun!

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#735 Fri, Oct31 2014 6:36am

twrich
The Man in the Dark

AWESOME!!!! Barli, I think I'll head on over to the Tap Room. I think an ale is in order (or shall be ordered, in this case)!

Last edited by twrich (Fri, Oct31 2014 6:37am)

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those that wander are lost." (Strider, The Fellowship of the Ring)

#736 Fri, Oct31 2014 7:26am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

And hopefully shall be paid for too....

#737 Mon, Nov3 2014 10:41pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Drinks- drinks- everywhere drinks . . .

Did anybody noticed, there is a new "making of" . . . ?
Of what- you may ask. Well- there is the third movie coming up in less than 36 days . . .
You are not interested in? I am neither . . . my interest is fading towards 0.1!
Nevertheless- for those who would like to have a look, try this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XZBN4QKs3M

#738 Tue, Nov4 2014 3:54pm

shadyt
Traveller

I saw a poster of this the other day, I was surprised to see trolls at the battle.

#739 Tue, Nov4 2014 4:29pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Me too, Master shadyt. I suppose there were some special-effect-rests of the former film production, called: the Lord of the rings  . . . roll
The worst I will have ever seen is that dwarven chariot. Oh my goodness . . .

#740 Tue, Nov4 2014 11:19pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Managed to watch about 3/4's of the extended DOS this evening before the wine kicked in lol.

I won't elaborate as it is better for folk to watch and make their own judgements, but I was happier to see the Beorn scene 'fleshed' out to be a lot closer to the book, just in a different order wink.

I will replay the last parts again to see what I missed big_smile.

I'm still not sure how Gandalf recovers Glamdring from the encounter at Dol Guldur, but hey....!

I will be off to see Luke Evans aka Bard tomorrow night to see him as Vlad Dracula.

Trolls and chariots!!!!! Mmmnnn! Let's hope BotFA doesn't deviate too far, but........! hmm

#741 Thu, Nov6 2014 7:18pm

erchamion
Adventurer

¡Fuera, viejo Tumulario! ¡Desaparece a la luz! ¡Encógete como la niebla fría, llora como el viento en las tierra estériles, más allá de los montes! ¡No regreses aquí! ¡Deja vacío el túmulo! Perdido y olvidado, más sombrío que la sombra, quédate donde las puertas están cerradas para siempre, hasta los tiempos de un mundo mejor. Tom Bombadil LOTR1

#742 Thu, Nov6 2014 7:40pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

It may bear little similarity to the book, but - with all due respect to purists - it looks like a smegging awesome climax to the Hobbit movie trilogy!

#743 Fri, Nov7 2014 11:14am

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Well- after evaluating all the screenshots I made last night I found an interesting set:

Click to close

Is that Angmar?

#744 Fri, Nov7 2014 11:29am

erchamion
Adventurer

... or rather the Mount Gundabad ? roll

Angmar was deserted after the Fall of the witch king. And the orcs of the battle of the five armies came from " northern lands " ..... In MERP modules also commented that the orcs who fought in the battle of the five armies came from Mount Gundabab and it was very decimated after the battle was not so much influence in the battles of LOTR ........

Maybe, PJ may have been influenced by this ........ roll

Last edited by erchamion (Fri, Nov7 2014 11:38am)

#745 Fri, Nov7 2014 2:55pm

Gavin
Skilled Artisan

Yeah, I was wondering what that big red tower thing was. Of course my MERP sodden heart keeps imagining it as the tower at the source of the cursed river in Mirkwood...

#746 Fri, Nov7 2014 3:31pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

There is a tower at the source of the cursed river in Mirkwood . . . ?????

#747 Fri, Nov7 2014 4:22pm

Gavin
Skilled Artisan

In MERP. It's called Sarn Gorwing. It's a dark site, run by some evil character.

http://merp.wikia.com/wiki/Sarn_Goriwing

Shows up in the Wizards card game. smile

#748 Fri, Nov7 2014 11:45pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Ahh- an interesting place indeed. I like the illustration, very athmospheric.
Though I doubt it was that place showed in the movie. There are no trees around . . . roll
Let´s wait and see what is Master P.J.´s intention here . . .
Anyway- thanks for the link, Gavin.

#749 Sat, Nov8 2014 12:27pm

erchamion
Adventurer

First thirty seconds of each song from the soundtrack "The Hobbit: The battle of the Five Armies" (click on the arrow)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hobbit-Original … amp;sr=1-4

Excellent Howard Shore! .... as usual......... big_smile

#750 Sun, Nov9 2014 9:58pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Turambar wrote:

Well- after evaluating all the screenshots I made last night I found an interesting set:

Click to close

Is that Angmar?

... I see that in these films will be a lot of surprises smile ... I will buy soon extended edition of second Hobbit movie... smile

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

Board footer