Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Sun, Aug29 2010 8:49pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

pictures of parts...

as many of you may know, There is a website out there providing pics of all separate parts for many of the figurines.

it is hosted by Arnaud Godet (sgodet / mithril59) and I often used this site to check the number of figurines parts (if I did not have the figurine yet, back in time, or if it was already assembler and I could not remember)

this site is precious but it seems that it has been abandonned for quite some time... the Fact that Arnaud Godet sold one very special figurine on ebay may be a hint that he does not have enough time to carry on working on mithril related stuff.

I think to remember Arnaud is a member of this forum and if you could answer Arnaud that would be helpful...

the website of Mithril59 is not very easy to navigate but its pictures are precious... I'd like to know if those pictures could somehow be copied so that I can insert them in my database for illustrations of the parts.
(the information on parts is already in the reference sheets but it lacks some visual aspect about it)

I'm sure people could understand how important it is, to have a pic of the M10 which DOES show the little dagger along with the priestess as to attest there is really a knife... or other pictures which show clearly details on the shape of swords or shields for old references...

I'm just afraid that Mithril59 website would disappear at one point and all these pics go lost...... that would be dramatic...

I'll try to find the email of Arnaud and ask him his authorization to host his pictures and display them in my database for all to see...

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#2 Sun, Aug29 2010 10:00pm

Gavin
Skilled Artisan

Re: pictures of parts...

He's on my facebook.

Want me to pass on a message?

#3 Sun, Aug29 2010 10:32pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

Re: pictures of parts...

well I wrote to him,  I just wanted to know if he would not mind me using his pics of parts in my database?

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

Board footer