You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Sun, Nov21 2010 10:52pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

E A S T E R L I N G S

There are no Easterlings?
So then you have to help yourself.
As mentioned somewhere else, while converting those Haradrim they slither into the direction of Easterlings.
This M 293 is a fantastic figure. I told that in the end there will be two dioramas. This one is the second:
The Easterlings!

First inspiration-contact was a screenshot of the trailer of a movie called: Mongol.
Master Theobald shared pictures of the fantastic Harad-conversions by Mr. N.N.
And the head of the laketown guardsman and the movie-screenshot came together . . .

Click to close

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#2 Sun, Nov21 2010 10:57pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Re: E A S T E R L I N G S

The current state of shock is the nearly finished captain of the eastern tribes. The pic is awful, the oil colour still wet.
But in Germany it becomes darker very quick meanwhiling and the time for photography is short!

Click to close

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#3 Sun, Nov21 2010 11:01pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Still no archer around. Still a bitsore about the fact my Easterling-Archer suggestion was cancelled.
(Just call him Variag and it would have been possible) . . . anyway.
We should not discuss words, but looks. And my EASTERLING Archer looks like this:

Click to close

That´s all I know about shrimps for tonight . . .

#4 Mon, Nov22 2010 3:54am

hsf62
Master Caster

They look 110 %!
Very nice work my friend! Awesome coolcoolcool

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#5 Mon, Nov22 2010 6:34am

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Awesome.... this is the right word...... I'm so exited to see all.... I mean both dioramas.... and other which are expected from long time ago... smile

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#6 Mon, Nov22 2010 9:30am

Milo
The Attic Warden

Excellent work, as usual I shall say.lol

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#7 Mon, Nov22 2010 1:39pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

excellent! great ideas and paint job ... keep on

#8 Mon, Nov22 2010 3:12pm

jdbrown55
Marshal of the Mark

Those are masterpieces! Great job!smile

These are indeed strange days, dreams and legends spring to life out of the grass! - Eomer

#9 Tue, Nov23 2010 12:21pm

Arthadan
Traveller

Very nice indeed! By the way, I recomend the film Mongol. It's the first part of a trilogy about Gengis-khan and its entertaining and good reference for Tolkien Easterlings as you have already pointed out.

To mortal fields say farewell,
Middle-earth forsaking!
In Elvenhome a clear bell
in the high tower is shaking.

#10 Sat, Nov27 2010 12:24pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

OK then, the first Easterling is finished. In this case a captain. Mithril would call him:
Easterling captain, mounted.
I can show you a first picture, though there are too many clouds here in Germany today . . .
I hope you like. Notice: the oil colour is still wet, too many reflections . . .

Click to close

Last edited by Turambar (Sat, Nov27 2010 12:25pm)

#11 Sat, Nov27 2010 12:55pm

Tolwen
Traveller

Arthadan wrote:

Very nice indeed! By the way, I recomend the film Mongol. It's the first part of a trilogy about Gengis-khan and its entertaining and good reference for Tolkien Easterlings as you have already pointed out.

Here I have to disagree at least partially. What little we know of Tolkien's Easterlings is that they are not the typical steppe-nomad horse-warriors of Mongol stereotype. That's something MERP fostered for long and it's really hard to get out of people's heads wink
The most important Easterlings to threaten Gondor were the Wainriders - people who had chariots as their most important mobile weapon system.

Cheers
Tolwen

Last edited by Tolwen (Sat, Nov27 2010 12:57pm)

Visit  Other Minds Magazine, an unofficial magazine for roleplaying and academic interests in J.R.R. Tolkien's Middle-earth and beyond.

#12 Sun, Nov28 2010 1:16pm

hsf62
Master Caster

This felow is very well done Master Archer! Love the new sword!cool

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#13 Sun, Nov28 2010 1:34pm

Arthadan
Traveller

Tolwen wrote:

Here I have to disagree at least partially. What little we know of Tolkien's Easterlings is that they are not the typical steppe-nomad horse-warriors of Mongol stereotype. That's something MERP fostered for long and it's really hard to get out of people's heads wink
The most important Easterlings to threaten Gondor were the Wainriders - people who had chariots as their most important mobile weapon system.

True, Master Tolwen. But the Wainriders were utterly crushed in Battle of the Camp by Eärnil in 1994 TA. If we are speaking about the War of the Ring period then some 1900 have passed since the Wainriders were last seeing in the Northwest lands. As we see in the real world with war chariots, they quite probably would become obsolete. Anyway, in LotR they are always refered to as Easterlings and not as Wainriders (even by Gondorians characters) and the only Easterlings we know something about are the Dwarf-like ones using two-handed axes who fought on foot. Hence, I think there is room for horsemen.

Last edited by Arthadan (Sun, Nov28 2010 1:35pm)

To mortal fields say farewell,
Middle-earth forsaking!
In Elvenhome a clear bell
in the high tower is shaking.

#14 Sun, Nov28 2010 8:22pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

This rider is a real terror for all pedestrians. You must be careful not to deliberately lose your head .... Great smile

#15 Sun, Nov28 2010 9:33pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Ah, seems that Master Thingol has had some spare time . . .
Thank you, Nino and thank you Holger! There are more Easterlings waiting . . .
And Master Arthadan, did you see all three films?

#16 Wed, Jan26 2011 12:41am

OriginalAragorn
Strider

Christoph - stunning!  These are the best Easterlings!  smile

Love the conversion, the paint job, the muted colors, perfect, gritty - !

And here we find you feasting and idling - and smoking! Smoking! Where did you come by the weed, you villains? - Gimli

#17 Sat, Jul30 2011 1:58pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Currntly working again on my Easterling-Project.
Some dust already to be found . . .
I do hope I will finished the entire project pretty soon, because the most difficult conversion I have ever did is finished . . .
Remeber- mithril´s Easterlings won´t see any customer. So we have to do it ourselves . . .

Click to close

#18 Sat, Jul30 2011 2:02pm

hsf62
Master Caster

One treasure after another...
you'r good! smile
Well, actually better than good! smile

Last edited by hsf62 (Sat, Jul30 2011 2:05pm)

#19 Sat, Jul30 2011 2:06pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

. . .you ain´t seen nothing yet . . . cool

#20 Sat, Jul30 2011 2:10pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Even better things coming... bring them on!!!! LOL

#21 Sat, Jul30 2011 4:47pm

cameosis
Master of Languages

Turambar wrote:

. . .you ain´t seen nothing yet . . . cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BwwtpZnJmc

looks impressive!

Esse quam videri. (Marcus Tullius Cicero)

#22 Sat, Jul30 2011 9:44pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Turambar wrote:

Currntly working again on my Easterling-Project.
Some dust already to be found . . .
I do hope I will finished the entire project pretty soon, because the most difficult conversion I have ever did is finished . . .
Remeber- mithril´s Easterlings won´t see any customer. So we have to do it ourselves . . .

Click to close

About picture... you know what... wink

And about figures... smile you also know what... smile

I should say this only once... or more times...

#23 Sat, Jul30 2011 11:53pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Yes, he's not only a perfect painter, our dear Turambar, he also knows a lot about converting figures ... and presenting them perfectly - though he still did not reveil all that is on his workbench ....

#24 Sun, Jul31 2011 9:15am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

and quite a wine "amateur"... if we consider all the corks used as bases for his figurines hehehe

I admit I really would enjoy a front point of view of the figurine above, though this pose is excellent also I'm curious to see the front and other side of this fig...

and please Christoph, don't despair, the easterlings will see the light of day one day I assure you

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#25 Sun, Jul31 2011 10:31am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

a wine "amateur" ? ... you mean lover of wines, Master Gildor? The word "Amateur" has a different connotation in German.  But no, the corks are from champagne-bottles, as far as I know.
I wish you are right about the Easterlings, Gildor.

Board footer