Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Wed, Jan30 2008 7:34am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

MX rumours

Ah, so this must be one those other parlours young Nob hinted at. I think we'll use this one to discuss the Ent's rumour about a new MX. Well, as he says himself - and he should know, since he's involved - it is more of a fact than a rumour.

But what is it going to be?

You can write your answers on a postcard and put them on the mantlepiece along with that letter from Gandalf that I'm supposed to give to...um, someone (alas, can't remember who).

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#2 Wed, Jan30 2008 1:32pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Re: MX rumours

I guess the new MX has got six legs, but only two on the ground.lol

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#3 Fri, Feb1 2008 7:59am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Six legs but only two on the ground? Or do you mean two NOT on the ground? If it's only two on the ground, then I guess it could be a rider on a rearing horse, or Sam carrying Fred up Mount Doom. But I think I need more clues.

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#4 Fri, Feb1 2008 3:55pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

I should add (since I know that Fred doesn't have four legs) that I had in mind the exact moment when Gollum leapt on them. Still, it doesn't matter really, since Theobald has intimated that I'm barking up the wrong tree - um, if he'll pardon the expression.

But why are we having to guess at all? Why doesn't he just tell us? Probably he'd regard that as being too hasty.

#5 Fri, Feb1 2008 4:44pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huoommmm .... so it would be ... much too hasty ... as I for myself have to find out more about it first ... so to say ... nice pun, by the way, Master Barliman.

#6 Sat, Feb2 2008 9:57am

Axel
Collector

Ent? Six legs, two on the ground? M185!!!

Oups. We need a miniature NOT made yet...

Many horses only have two legs on the ground, mainly those running (and Theoden). Can we hope for another rider?

#7 Sat, Feb2 2008 1:55pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huooooommmm ... I think so ... what about three legs down and three legs up? ... rhuoommm. This way even Master Barliman might guess the posure more correctly, methinks ... huom.

#8 Sat, Feb2 2008 2:11pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

No, Master Axel. ... rhuuoommm .. nice to see you again here at the Pony by the way ...huoomm
though your guess concerning feet was quite humorous ... huommm ... rhuooomhom ... I would neither think of me being wise - as that elf judges me - nor being that blinded to consider any thought in that direction for the pose of that tiny metal thing... rhuuuuooommmm ...hom ...
alas ... just saw that I might mind my spelling ... rhuuoomm

#9 Sat, Feb2 2008 8:40pm

Axel
Collector

I got it!!!

Its Sam, Merry and Pippin performing a drinking song and throwing one leg high ...

#10 Sun, Feb3 2008 7:40am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

No, that would involve one of them having BOTH feet in the air (only two of the six are on the ground, remember).

#11 Sun, Feb3 2008 11:13am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huoommmmm ... maybe three feet up and three feet down .... I guess

#12 Sun, Feb3 2008 11:31am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

No, Holger has said only two feet are on the ground.

#13 Sun, Feb3 2008 11:35am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

So he was wrong ....

#14 Sun, Feb3 2008 11:37am

hsf62
Master Caster

Maybe it is something with no feet on the ground!lol

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#15 Mon, Feb4 2008 7:44am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Presumably SOMEONE knows what the new Mx is going to be, so why don't they tell us? I can't think of a single reason why it needs to be kept a secret!

#16 Mon, Feb4 2008 8:54am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

maybe because until the master is not fixed yet and from it the master mould being tested.... saying what it will be without knowing if it will come to life or if it'll have to be changed due to lastminute technical problems..., well saying it could prove a desillusion, would it happen not to be possible to get it..

Well that's only my theory.... I don't know what the MX is .  Still, remember the problem for the Moria gate... indeed all of us knew it was planned because it is MS, not MX... but Mithril had to keep quiet and tried everything before giving up... because it was an announced project. They would not have the same problem (involving time and money) if there is no guarantee due to the fact there is no announcement, so nobody  is frustrated (except the one who is submitting the idea)

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#17 Mon, Feb4 2008 11:01am

hsf62
Master Caster

Hmm.... I think this theory doesn't work. I also believe the gate was not produced, not because of problems with the mould, rather because Chris was not happy with the design and there was just no time left to start again, or rework what was existing. I would love to see the gate in the state it is, unfinished! It really is amazing what you actually can cast in pewter and believe me, I know what I'm talking about. smile

#18 Mon, Feb4 2008 1:06pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

well, there was a project around to resubmit the gate as a MX along with Narvi and Celebrimbor, an unfinished gate but in a vignette rather than by itself. I was among the volunteers for this project, so Theobald was I think... but landpruneir did not give any news lately so I don't know the state of this project...

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#19 Mon, Feb4 2008 1:21pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

I see from the Mithril newsletter that the Mx is awaiting TE's blessing, so whatever it is has obviously been completed.

I therefore ask again, why is it's identity such a secret? Surely one of the my patrons knows what it is and can tell us? (The Tree will say I'm being 'hasty', but patience has never been my strong point.)

#20 Mon, Feb4 2008 2:40pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Yes, I read these messages regarding the gate and I think the question for Mithril is , if they take on this MX gate, how to justify why the MS gate couldn't be done. Something to ponder about!
Well, there we go the famous Innkeeper becomes unpatient.....
I guess you have to live with the fact that you are to hasty and that the ent actually is the only one exept Chris who knows what the new MX will be.

#21 Mon, Feb4 2008 3:42pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

I don't know anything new about the idea of starting a Moria-gate-MX. I also haven't heard anything from landpruneir for quite some time. As far as I can judge that, at the moment, is just an idea, a mere thought.
Oh, and for the other more liable MX to be produced I would like to say that Gildor is right. At the moment Mithril is awaiting T.E.'s blessing, as he called it. As long as that is not "granted" no one can be sure if the plans can be realized. That's what Michael O'Brian published about it in the newsletter. - In spite of that I had a secret glance:  four feet down and two feet up, so to say smile

#22 Mon, Feb4 2008 3:59pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

No, that was me, not the Elf.

#23 Mon, Feb4 2008 4:27pm

Wendy
Slowest Painter Ever
Website

Perhaps someone wants to avoid possible disappointment should TE nix the idea.  Or perhaps someone could add another riddle so it might be puzzled out?  smile

#24 Mon, Feb4 2008 4:36pm

Gavin
Skilled Artisan

I don't think TE will bother nixing any idea. You should see some of the crap that the various computer games, GW releases and so forth have inflicted upon Middle Earth.

What they can, and will (and have done) is let the approval application slip to the bottom of the pile - that will keep their largest licensee happy. So you have to keep TE sweet, or they are well within their rights to drag their heels or not even bother processing the application.

#25 Mon, Feb4 2008 6:01pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huoommm....sorry, Master Barliman, sorry for that .... huommm ... but mind that sometimes also my memory is like a ... you know what ... huoomm

Yes, Master Gavin, .... you're right about that .... huoommm ... and that approval inflicts a bit more than just that planned MX at the moment .... rhuooommmhuommmm .

Board footer