Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Tue, Nov29 2011 9:08pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

In the Woods of Neldoreth

.... But wandering in the summer in the woods of Neldoreth he came upon Luthien, daughter of Thingol and Melian......

Click to close

Click to close

Click to close

Click to close

Click to close

Click to close

Click to close

The base was already 90% complete and intended for another small scene, but once I had the Crouching Outlaw wink figure in my hands I had to complete the small scene. Luthien was already painted, but I had to repaint the flowing gown to match more with the description in The Silmarillion although I didn't attempt to replicate the golden flowers on her gown.

I have tried to give the impression of Beren watching unseen hence keeping both figures a bit too far apart to get both fully in focus in one shot, but hopefully the scene works.

For those wondering about my comment regarding setting the base on fire, I used E Ze (spelling?) water meltable granules for the water. when trying to melt it using a mini blow torch after pouring it (you can do this big_smile), some of the ground work caught alight but thankfully no damage to the figures.

Anyhow, I look forward to seeing how this looks in Grandma's Garden Nino, and hope we don't have to wait eight years Master Archer to see what you come up with lol.

#2 Tue, Nov29 2011 9:21pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Re: In the Woods of Neldoreth

Amazing.... beautiful... magic.... pure Tolkien world in incredible diorama on the surface of several inches....

I will put them soon in grandmas garden dear David.... Beren is almost painted... maybe this weekend.... If it is not a problem I would ask you a friendly permit if I can put pictures here....

This topic could be dedicated to the Beren and Luthien story.... smile

WOW !!!! smile

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#3 Tue, Nov29 2011 10:44pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Quiet similar than I imagine this scene  . . .

Fantastic David! Absolutely. And especially the tree I like A LOT !!! ( and  I assume the Tree also likes the tree . . . roll )

And you can be sure that it won´t take eight yeras . . . cool though I have no trees at the moment.

( I am designing a special mirkwood scene at present and all my trees will be inside . . . and there are a lot of them, but that´s another story )

As I said: great stuff to be seen here!

PS: working with all kind of water stuff- I think a tutorial in general could be helpful . . . neutral

Last edited by Turambar (Tue, Nov29 2011 10:48pm)

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#4 Tue, Nov29 2011 11:23pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Turambar wrote:

Quiet similar than I imagine this scene  . . .

Fantastic David! Absolutely. And especially the tree I like A LOT !!! ( and  I assume the Tree also likes the tree . . . roll )

And you can be sure that it won´t take eight yeras . . . cool though I have no trees at the moment.

( I am designing a special mirkwood scene at present and all my trees will be inside . . . and there are a lot of them, but that´s another story )

As I said: great stuff to be seen here!

PS: working with all kind of water stuff- I think a tutorial in general could be helpful . . . neutral

I will see what I can do - I have to get some more water stuff for a project I'm working on so perhaps I can do a step by step on how  create some effects big_smile

#5 Wed, Nov30 2011 8:23am

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

....."PS: working with all kind of water stuff- I think a tutorial in general could be helpful . . . "

I'm agree with Master archer.... !

#6 Wed, Nov30 2011 10:12am

imisel
Collector

Amazing,  David... I wish to have only a part of your talent in my fingers.

Ilsa:A franc for your thoughts.
Rick: In America they'd bring only a penny, and, huh, I guess that's about all they're worth.

CASABLANCA (1942)

#7 Wed, Nov30 2011 12:49pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

This really is a wonderful diorama, Master Ddaines. The figures are excellently painted and that base-frame gives a noble touch to the whole scene. And, yes, that tree .... ahh, brilliant that old fellow.

#8 Wed, Nov30 2011 3:39pm

elroi
Master of Brushes
Website

Your "grade" of skilled artisan doesn´t do justice to your artistic level, Master Daines.

As usual, like a lot yor work. In this case, is easy to feel the summer atmosphere, the happiness of the moment... very nice.

#9 Wed, Nov30 2011 6:55pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Thank 'ee all for the kind words, I've emailed some images to CT so hopefully he will be pleased with the result wink.

I look forward to seeing more of these painted up big_smile.

Regards,

David

#10 Sun, Jan1 2012 7:41pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

So dear Master David.... here are some pictures from the "Grandmas garden" or as you named this topic..... In the Woods of Neldoreth with two exceptional figures.... I hope that you will not mind if I put these photos here.... wink

Click to close

Click to close

Click to close

Click to close

smile

#11 Mon, Jan2 2012 11:15am

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Absolutely marvellous. A pity that this scene is "temporary". Only at the time for taking the photos . . .  neutral

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#12 Mon, Jan2 2012 11:20am

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Not at all Nino wink Grandma's Garden has an 'Elvish Air' to it, this scene looks great, what a pity you cannot put that part of Grandma's garden on a base lol.

This looks a lot more like what I was hoping to achieve had I not had alraedy had a base ready and waiting.

The Man would love to see a photo of this big_smile.

David

#13 Mon, Jan2 2012 12:46pm

Milo
The Attic Warden

Absolument fantastique !

I may try real surrounding also once as I really love the resut...cool

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#14 Mon, Jan2 2012 2:08pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

ddaines wrote:

Not at all Nino wink Grandma's Garden has an 'Elvish Air' to it, this scene looks great, what a pity you cannot put that part of Grandma's garden on a base lol.

This looks a lot more like what I was hoping to achieve had I not had alraedy had a base ready and waiting.

The Man would love to see a photo of this big_smile.

David

Thanks David, I sent yesterday pictures to Chris... I hope that he would like pictures of his recent creations.... smile

#15 Mon, Jan2 2012 2:10pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Turambar wrote:

Absolutely marvellous. A pity that this scene is "temporary". Only at the time for taking the photos . . .  neutral

neutral & sad but in final, nevertheless, there remains us ( me ) a small reminder of the picture.... smile

#16 Mon, Jan2 2012 2:23pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Once again superb pics and paint-job, Master Thingol.

#17 Mon, Jan2 2012 10:42pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Thanks Master ent .... !!!

Board footer