Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Tue, Oct7 2014 9:26pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Scale Model Challenge

Hi everybody.
On coming sunday there is an event near Eindhoven/Netherlands which is called "scale model challenge".
Have a look here: http://www.scalemodelfactory.nl/smc2014/smc2014eng.html

Maybe somebody is interesting to go there- on Sunday in this case . . . ?

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#2 Mon, Oct13 2014 9:18am

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Re: Scale Model Challenge

I am still wondering about the less interest . . .
What you missed: a very great event indeed. Absolutely NO mithril figures at all. A great questionmark inside the faces of people I asked for.
And a lot of very first class painted figures and a very high standart in diorama building. And very friendly dutch people . . .

Click to close

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#3 Mon, Oct13 2014 1:22pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Er, Mithril figures? I'm afraid that we around here are the only ones left who remember and know a bit about those miniatures. And few we are, aren't we. - Just be glad you didn't ask people about Phaeton Design figures, the question mark would have been much larger then.

#4 Tue, Oct14 2014 5:42am

Milo
The Attic Warden

Sorry Master Turambar, I missed this thread. It's not lack of interrest; More lack of spare time for mini these weeks.hmm
It must have been great pleasure to see so many art works in real.cool

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#5 Tue, Oct14 2014 7:59am

Maenas
Traveller

Seems a great event! Would be nice to have something like that here in Spain.
Post some picture if you have please!

---
Mae govannen mellon nín.

#6 Tue, Oct14 2014 9:59am

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Master Milo- I can tell you . . .
When I saw all these miniatures I was so upset that I shivered a lot. That´s the reason, why all pictures are shaken . . . roll
And Master Maenas. I am very sure there are similar events in spain. I know Sevilla, Madrid and your hometown.
Don´t ask me for details because it is too far away from Germany, but I saw advertising about everytime throughout the year . . .
A shaken picture- maybe an inspiration. Imagine there is the MS568 inside . . .

Click to close

Last edited by Turambar (Tue, Oct14 2014 10:01am)

#7 Wed, Oct15 2014 10:31am

Maenas
Traveller

Oh even glowing efects and color distortion from the light beneath! Should try to do it on some mini! And would like to try it on the M395 or m56

I am totally disconnected then Master Turambar because I was not aware of those events. I know that there are hundreds of wargaming and cardgames events around here, but did not knew anyone about just painted miniatures and modelling. Will have to check&search for them, since I am restarting on my painting hobby.

---
Mae govannen mellon nín.

#8 Wed, Oct15 2014 11:10am

Arthadan
Traveller

Hello Mater Maenas!
I don't know in Barcelona, but here in Madrid there are painting courses by very talented people.

Check out Mind Fishers Facebook page.

To mortal fields say farewell,
Middle-earth forsaking!
In Elvenhome a clear bell
in the high tower is shaking.

#9 Mon, Oct20 2014 5:57pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Turambar wrote:

Hi everybody.
On coming sunday there is an event near Eindhoven/Netherlands which is called "scale model challenge".
Have a look here: http://www.scalemodelfactory.nl/smc2014/smc2014eng.html

Maybe somebody is interesting to go there- on Sunday in this case . . . ?

Too far for me ... for us is the closest such event was in Trieste, Italy. Sometimes I went to Italy to look at it, but I never got involved in the competition. Maybe I could have to do it once. In Croatia there is a yearly (in begining of September) competition called "Black Queen", but there are mainly military vehicles and aircraft. ( http://www.crna-kraljica.com/index.php )

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#10 Tue, Oct13 2015 11:00pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

So- I have spent the last Saturday in Eindhoven. That is the Netherlands.
As last year I visited the "Scale Model Challange" and I have to say: what a marvellous event!
I returned with pockets full of Kryptonite- ahem- useful things for the hobby I want to say . . .
And there was A LOT to buy and A LOT to see.

First: these "houses" from that croatian company, already displayed here somewhere. The "Woodmen Elder" travelled with me- for having the perfect comparison and I am not sure still, if those products fit well enough. Have a look:

Click to close

Click to close

There were some base-parts for 54mm. In this case I would say, perfectly in use for our minis. This egypt column ruined was amazing . . .

Click to close

The best was this arabian door. Absolutely magnificent . . . unfortunately NO Haradrim inside orbit at present . . .

Click to close

Many many fantastic miniatures were shown there, amazing dioramas, excellent and highest painting level! Wow!
But NO mithril at all. A shame . . .

Last edited by Turambar (Tue, Oct13 2015 11:03pm)

#11 Wed, Oct14 2015 5:39am

Milo
The Attic Warden

Wow, this must be a great pleasure to see marvels! Maybe you should bring some of your own marvelous dioramas with mithril next time you visit dutch people?
Thanks for pictures. I agree door is ...prrfect!

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#12 Wed, Oct14 2015 8:24am

orc
Adventurer

Gorgeours Sceneries!!! I trully want to see more Master Thurombar new Dioramas!!big_smile

Click to close

#13 Wed, Oct14 2015 12:08pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Yes indeed. It was an extraordinary event. This is the official link, maybe you found something interesting there.
http://www.scalemodelchallenge.com/

Well, Master orc, I decided many times ago NOT to post something of my work here anymore. For several reasons.
I suggest to go ahead with our private contact . . .

#14 Wed, Oct14 2015 2:15pm

orc
Adventurer

Sorry Master Turambar!!  I don't have any idea about this!!!wink

Click to close

#15 Thu, Oct15 2015 9:03am

Maenas
Traveller

Oh looks like a very interesting event Turambar, seem that you had fun in it, shame kriptonite xD Thanks for sharing!
Last weekend of this month I am going to visit my first miniature expo, I am pretty excited about it. lol It is "Soldat de plom 2015"<-- translated to english would be "Lead soldier 2015"
If you want more info: https://www.facebook.com/El-Baluard-161148543990301/

And I pity that decision Turambar, I did not knew about it either. sad

---
Mae govannen mellon nín.

Board footer