Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Sun, Apr17 2016 7:52am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Unreleased Miniatures

Don't get too excited, everyone, this isn't further news on all those missing Mithril figures we know about.

This is just to mention to people - particularly the gamers and diorama builders amongst us - the existence of another LOTR figure manufacturer (although not claimed as such), this time in Poland:

http://unreleasedminiatures.eu/

The figures were originally cast in acrylic but they've now moved on to metal. They're largely based - closely in some instances, loosely in others - on the figures by a certain other company we know of. Some of them are a bit rough and ready (botched even!), but others are surprisingly good. See their pictures and decide for yourselves.

I bought their "Fat Medieval Bismarck" (!) figure first – I'll leave you to figure out who he's a mounted version of, and have just ordered their "Traitor" and "Royal Field Marshal". The Traitor's horse looks a bit odd in the pictures, but may be better in the "flesh". Horses may be the designer's particular weakness, Bismarck's having a slightly mutated hind-quarters in consequence of being based on a twisted version of one of the other company's horses.

Anyway, take a look and make up your own minds.

I'll let you know how my new orders look when they arrive. I'm away for the next week (until next Friday anyway), but there's so little business in the Pony at the moment that I'm sure things will chug along fine till I'm back. Just kick Nob occasionally if he slackens.

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#2 Sun, Apr17 2016 8:01am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Re: Unreleased Miniatures

...Oh, and if anyone is interested in their figures, I should mention that their stuff sometimes doesn't stay in stock for very long. Whether it ever reappears once it's gone out of stock is still too early to tell.

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#3 Fri, Apr29 2016 9:51am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

It appears that no one is interested in this topic, but just to round off the story, I can report that the metal figures which arrived are not too badly designed but are poorly moulded and cast, and it will take time and a fair amount of work to make the parts fit together.

#4 Fri, Apr29 2016 9:59pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

I did look at the website, honest! wink, but then nobody seems to have shown much interest in the website link I posted either smile.

#5 Sat, Apr30 2016 7:01am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

What weblink and where? Trouble is, there are so many topics and posts on MMP that it's often difficult to find anything that's new before it becomes old!

#6 Sat, Apr30 2016 12:04pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Well, gentlemen, don't worry nor hurry.
I did read all this both of you refer to. Master Barliman, your statement yesterday was proof enough for me not to order any piece or part from that company as you said the figures are "pourly moulded and cast" and "will take  time and a fair amount of work to make the parts fit together". So to me that's all there is to say about the  quality provided by that company.
Er, as for "it's often difficult to find anything that's new before it becomes old", Master Barliman, there's this underlined yellow link on the top right that appears after your log-in, you know ...

#7 Sat, Apr30 2016 12:53pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Ah, problem is I never log out, so neither do I ever log in.....

#8 Sat, Apr30 2016 4:05pm

shadyt
Traveller

I had a look at them also.

#9 Sat, Apr30 2016 4:06pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Hahaha.... same here never log out! lol

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#10 Sat, Apr30 2016 4:54pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Yeah, that way I can keep everyone on their toes. Nob never knows when I might be around - which stops him snaffling food from the kitchen.

#11 Sun, May1 2016 3:31pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

... huoomm ... strange that is, not to log in or out ... rhuomm ... so Master Barliman, you might be a log-in with eyes, aren't you? ... and our dear Master Hsf62 seems to use the same technique ... rhûomm ... very interesting that is ...

#12 Sun, May1 2016 4:04pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Theobald wrote:

so Master Barliman, you might be a log-in with eyes, aren't you?

Very droll, Master Tree.

#13 Sun, May1 2016 4:19pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Barliman wrote:

What weblink and where? Trouble is, there are so many topics and posts on MMP that it's often difficult to find anything that's new before it becomes old!

This one - not had a good look though!

http://escenorama.com/shopping/category … category=7 .

#14 Sun, May1 2016 4:40pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

There's sone nice stuff hidden amongst some less nice stuff, but I especially like the Helm's Deep model - espite the fact that they have, alas, used the "wrong" company's figures.

Board footer