Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Fri, Dec29 2017 3:19pm

mindx2
Collector

MX procedure & cost?

I'm curious as to the cost associated with commissioning an MX figure. As several here have done so in the past I was hoping you would not mind sharing that info and the process you went through to get your figure produced...?

Oh, and Happy New Year to all my friends here. I am profoundly thankful to have found such a community as this one who not only share my love of Mithril and Tolkien but are so friendly and helpful as well. big_smile

#2 Fri, Dec29 2017 8:51pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Re: MX procedure & cost?

Getting a MZ MX or maybe MZX done. Not the way it looks at the moment... Better ask the man to sculpt it by  hand like in the old days! Just saying....roll

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#3 Sat, Dec30 2017 12:47am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Though I submitted two MX releases myself and took part in the Frumgar-MX I would recommend to ask the Mithril Company directly (In this case Lars Edman might be involved.). I cannot answer to your question about costs in general, as I experienced three levels of MX releases:
First I was contributing money to a team (Frumgar), second was a mounted figure and third was a large vignette. There were massive differences in the costs, as you might imagine.
In case you're lucky to contact Chris Tubb about this matter that would make some sense.
Well, I don't know exactly why, but I feel that Master Hsf62 is right.

#4 Sat, Dec30 2017 9:56pm

mindx2
Collector

Really just trying to get a rough idea of what something like that might cost. Nowhere near actually taking the plunge and starting the process!! wink

#5 Sun, Dec31 2017 12:32pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Start with about 2000 and no limit I guess!roll

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#6 Sun, Dec31 2017 6:10pm

mindx2
Collector

Thanks Master Caster. smile

#7 Mon, Jan1 2018 2:11am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

I think Holger's estimation could be somehow realistic. - It's been a long time ago since the release of the last two Mxs, so certainly prices will also have been increased (in case a new Mx will be submitted).

Board footer