Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Wed, Apr2 2008 4:21pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

'Ringing the Bell'

Well Barli, can I 'ring the Bell' for the next round and buy all customers a drink to celebrate (or commiserate) William Huggins's selection; not everyone's cup-of-tea I know, but I will be interested to see how Chris interprets him.

A double drink for the Ent as well for the 17th vote wink, but I don't know who cast the 18th so you have my thanks but not my ale.

#2 Wed, Apr2 2008 4:49pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Re: 'Ringing the Bell'

Huoommmm ... thank you very much; Master Ddaines ... hom ... and congratulations, of course ... but I really like the idea of that Willie ... rhuoomm ... just two more there are ... huomm ... so just keep on, Master Ddaines.

#3 Wed, Apr2 2008 7:43pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Perhaps someone else would like to suggest Bert or Tom, I'd probably get into trouble for suggesting another 'big fella' roll

It might be worth seeing how William turns out though then folk can say "Wow, we need the other two", and see how the vote goes.

#4 Thu, Apr3 2008 9:11pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

I'm beginning to think there's not a lot of point in the rest of us bothering to suggest Fellowship figures. I wonder, Dave, can you suggest Ingold next time?wink

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#5 Fri, Apr4 2008 9:22am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

He's referred to as both 'William' and 'Bill' in the English-language editions. He's also the only one given a surname.

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#6 Fri, Apr4 2008 10:58am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

Bill is diminutive for William in english if I remember well...that's why you can see William named Bill.
Such diminutives do not exist for Bert or Tom which are already diminutives themselves.

As much as I'd like to see the two other brothers though, having them in regular range and only one is MS range would be quite odd... either all of them in MS, or all of them in Range, but not such a break... that would be ok for us GF members, but anti-commercial for common customers.

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#7 Thu, Apr10 2008 3:03pm

Ori
Traveller

Guille, Berto & Tom are called in the spanish version.

Board footer