Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Mon, Feb18 2008 10:29pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

the new gallery module is in place!!

Well, that's done now! the gallery is done, empty but coded.

I will begin filling it with your pictures, (not all of them but those you think would be best for a "vitrine" of MMP for all people visiting our sites to SEE pictures but not wanting to parse a forum....

I will most certainly post the uniques submitted by Theobald... Most dioramas created by ddaines, and other well nice painted figurines that you may want to display here...

The gallery is not intended to replace the galleries of the reference database.. it is rather a "member gallery" like the ones hosted by Mithril official websites.

If you want to have your own "gallery" please let me know and send me at least 6 pics of figurines you have painted yourself, in good quality at my email (gildor@wanadoo.fr) ... I will then create your gallery, and put it in place. I won't publish pictures unless you give me authorization for it indeed. (that's why I already ask ddaines and Theobald, can I post your uniques theobald, and your dioramas ddaines? )

As I repeat, the purpose of this gallery is to make people come visit our community with still another aspect.... we have the mithril sarch engine, we have the community mailboard, and now the gallery... maybe one day... I'll manage to create the trading engine... but honestly I have no time nor idea for that at the moment... so I'll rather focus on filling all the database with all references and pictures... that's far much more important!

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#2 Tue, Feb19 2008 1:02pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Re: the new gallery module is in place!!

You can use anything you want from the CDs I sent you, Gildor. But mind that the Mw347 is not complete. I'm sure that in the course of this year I'll have more time to take more (and better) pics, including those of the Mw347 army that are missing. Also pics of the MS423A are still missing as far as I remember. I will have a look. Don't hesitate to ask me which other pics you need.

#3 Thu, Feb21 2008 9:22am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

I have begun filling the gallery, feel free to check and post comments here!

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#4 Thu, Feb21 2008 10:40am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Very good indeed, Gildor.
As far as I can see now all pics provided at this site will once be found in the Database and the Gallery, right? So what then will be the function of the "Gallery of Mayor Samwise" and "The Mathom House"? ...

#5 Thu, Feb21 2008 7:15pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

My Good Elf, please consider any images I send to be used as and when you see fit, no permission is needed as I send them for the enjoyment (and hopeful inspiration) of others smile.

David

#6 Thu, Feb21 2008 7:28pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

thanks ddaines smile As for the gallery I am using the best quality pictures only. Those too small or not very significant as a diorama may be used lated for the "members gallery" but would not be fitting for diorama section , as I am sure you will understand.

#7 Thu, Feb21 2008 11:37pm

Kenakko
Dude of Westernesse

Click to close
Here's a snap of M9 of mine submitted to the old MMP...

Last edited by Kenakko (Thu, Feb21 2008 11:40pm)

#8 Thu, Feb21 2008 11:39pm

Kenakko
Dude of Westernesse

Oh, look!  I uploaded a picture successfully!  But how does one stick it into the reference section?  I experience computer impairment frequently!

#9 Fri, Feb22 2008 2:13pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

about sticking pictures into the reference database.. that's a work I can do alone at the moment...

Though there is, indeed, an administration module, I created it myself in order to help me fill the database and pics easily but that's a bit complex and not very intuitive on a general point of view. (and besides the login, not very securized... if you make a mistake you can easily mess up with the whole site displaying)

Now that I am completly done coding everything for MMP+Gallery+Database.... I'll be able to take time to fill this database.

First emergency : filling ALL references (even with no pictures or no big description) in the database. Then I'll put on pictures.

#10 Wed, Mar12 2008 11:52am

hsf62
Master Caster

Sorry not available anymore!

Last edited by hsf62 (Sat, Mar15 2008 11:45am)

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#11 Wed, Mar12 2008 12:54pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

A superb army ... and so many pikemen ! unfortunately one cannot see many details in the pics.

#12 Thu, Apr10 2008 1:04am

jdbrown55
Marshal of the Mark

Where is this army? I seem to be lost! Please let me see them! Tell me how to find them!yikes

Last edited by jdbrown55 (Thu, Apr10 2008 1:05am)

These are indeed strange days, dreams and legends spring to life out of the grass! - Eomer

#13 Thu, Apr10 2008 4:44pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

I had to remove the army from the site, by demand from hsf62... this army was an illegal disclosure of a "never-meant-to-exist army" and it would be to risky to have any google bot finding this picture here... (I let you assume the suing that may result from TE or Mithril from displaying a full-range, with multiple occurences... of a half-orc army...)

#14 Thu, Apr10 2008 11:18pm

jdbrown55
Marshal of the Mark

It was that army. I have seen it. Thanks anyway.

These are indeed strange days, dreams and legends spring to life out of the grass! - Eomer

Board footer