You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Thu, Apr17 2008 7:12pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

A service I'd like to ask to someone living in the USA

Hello everybody.

I hope someone among you may be able to help... here is my problem. There is an item on Ebay that I would like to buy but the seller only sells inside the USA...  I am willing to pay for it , for the shipping both inside USA (to one who would volunteer of course) and then the shipping to France.

It is a Franklin Heirloom porcelain doll of Lady Galadriel, dating back in 1989.  the price is quite expansive but not as much as its original price....

Here is the article :
http://cgi.ebay.com/FRANKLIN-MINT-DOLL- … dZViewItem

If any of you can be of any help please contact me... If not, well nevermind smile  (I could send money using paypal that would be the easiest way)

Thanks in advance anyway

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#2 Thu, Apr17 2008 7:40pm

ESTEL
The Lord of the Paints

Re: A service I'd like to ask to someone living in the USA

Gildor Inglorion wrote:

Hello everybody.

I hope someone among you may be able to help... here is my problem. There is an item on Ebay that I would like to buy but the seller only sells inside the USA...  I am willing to pay for it , for the shipping both inside USA (to one who would volunteer of course) and then the shipping to France.

It is a Franklin Heirloom porcelain doll of Lady Galadriel, dating back in 1989.  the price is quite expansive but not as much as its original price....

Here is the article :
http://cgi.ebay.com/FRANKLIN-MINT-DOLL- … dZViewItem

If any of you can be of any help please contact me... If not, well nevermind smile  (I could send money using paypal that would be the easiest way)

Thanks in advance anyway

Hi Gildor,

have you asked the seller, if he would ship the item to France? Most nice persons (e.g. lotr-collectors) do that when asked. Some sellers do not know how to push the button "worldwide shipping" at the ebay-system.

Good luck!

"From the ashes a fire shall be woken, 
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken:
The crownless again shall be king".

#3 Thu, Apr17 2008 7:50pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

well it is clearly mentionned in the description that due to the box size he will SPECIFICALLY NOT sell outside USA (and canada)  so I assume it is voluntary

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#4 Fri, Apr18 2008 6:09am

jdbrown55
Marshal of the Mark

I would do it, but the price is way to high for me because of the lack of funds. Sorry.

These are indeed strange days, dreams and legends spring to life out of the grass! - Eomer

#5 Fri, Apr18 2008 6:39am

ESTEL
The Lord of the Paints

Gildor Inglorion wrote:

well it is clearly mentionned in the description that due to the box size he will SPECIFICALLY NOT sell outside USA (and canada)  so I assume it is voluntary

hmm, soemtimes it's worth a try, but there are some "strange guys" selling via ebay who do not like the idea of global "come together". Living in Germany I made the experience that especially Americans have problems with selling outside their continent (it seems to be more Americans having problems with that than British, French, Swedish, Chinese, Japanese... and even Germans).

A friend of mine always bids on items and hopes, that the sellers are happy enough with selling it so that they ship the item even then worldwide, when they actually said they won't- risky but seems to work wink

Hope you will someone who could help you. smile
GOOD LUCK again. big_smile

"From the ashes a fire shall be woken, 
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken:
The crownless again shall be king".

#6 Fri, Apr18 2008 12:42pm

hsf62
Master Caster

You also could write to the seller you would like to buy this item for a friend in the US and get it send to jdbrown55 and he could send it to you.

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#7 Fri, Apr18 2008 1:23pm

Wendy
Slowest Painter Ever
Website

Unfortunately, I'm going to be out of town and that's certainly not something to leave sitting in a mailbox or sitting in front of the door.  sad

Last edited by Wendy (Fri, Apr18 2008 1:24pm)

#8 Fri, Apr18 2008 3:28pm

jdbrown55
Marshal of the Mark

That would be ok with me. smile Just let me know.

These are indeed strange days, dreams and legends spring to life out of the grass! - Eomer

Board footer