Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#76 Sun, Dec6 2009 9:03pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

Re: The Travelling Elrond

well I suppose yes that he should come around here an elf visiting an elf ? smile

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#77 Tue, Dec22 2009 3:25pm

erchamion
Adventurer

Well, Finally! Today Master Elrond has traveled to the south of France. Bon voyage! smile

¡Fuera, viejo Tumulario! ¡Desaparece a la luz! ¡Encógete como la niebla fría, llora como el viento en las tierra estériles, más allá de los montes! ¡No regreses aquí! ¡Deja vacío el túmulo! Perdido y olvidado, más sombrío que la sombra, quédate donde las puertas están cerradas para siempre, hasta los tiempos de un mundo mejor. Tom Bombadil LOTR1

#78 Thu, Dec24 2009 6:26pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

well by chance he will have arrived when I am back at home (i am away and barely have access to the internet until dec 30th)

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#79 Thu, Dec31 2009 10:24am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

Elrond has safely arrived in France, with him was his long-time friend Gandalf... Now he will stay a little while and visit some friends of his and some beautiful places I think smile
(NB : when did Gandalf begin his journey alongside Elrond by the way??)

#80 Thu, Jul15 2010 7:23pm

Axel
Collector

I do not want to sound hasty, and I certainly can well understand why Elrond should choose to stay in Southern France, but are there any news on his date of departure?

If he ever manages to make the roundtrip it will probably hit the Guiness book for the longest journey :-)

#81 Tue, Aug17 2010 1:56pm

Wendy
Slowest Painter Ever
Website

I have no idea where Elrond might be...we do not have many recent pics either?

#82 Tue, Aug17 2010 7:53pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

well Elrond is about to leave soon, actually.... I took the time during my current vacations to - AT LAST - make  lot of pics of him so now I will soon put tons of pics of him in several places of south of france. where should I send him next please? smile

(sorry for the delay but he arrived as I was in the process of my moving.... and it was not easy to take a lot of care for him smile for quite some time)

#83 Tue, Aug17 2010 8:37pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

. . .maybe in the direction beyond that great river in Germanski . . .  big_smile

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#84 Wed, Aug18 2010 3:39am

twrich
The Man in the Dark

There is a list on the first page of this thread which lists his itinerary.

I remember several years ago when I was next on the list, back before Mithri Faerylands when the MMP was run by Mithrandir, but said I'd skip my turn because I was going to be on vacation  for a couple of weeks. What a mistake!

He went on to a different country, and then many new members were added to the list, but not in order of requesting a visit from Elrond. Instead people were added based on where they lived compared to who currently had him.

Please believe, I am not complaining! We have recieved many excellent pictures from his travels, although he seems to have really taken his time lately!!

Alas, he has not been back to the USA ever since I missed my chance. I laugh at this because we may all have grey beards (except you, Wendy) by the time he finishes his travels!!! It was an excellent idea to send him abroad those many years ago.

Last edited by twrich (Wed, Aug18 2010 3:49am)

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those that wander are lost." (Strider, The Fellowship of the Ring)

#85 Wed, Aug18 2010 9:05am

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

OK, then Master Elrond will not travel to Germany . . .
I didn´t know that I first have to read a thread from the very beginning before answering a question . . .
Excuse me please!

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#86 Wed, Aug18 2010 9:49am

hsf62
Master Caster

LoL Master Archer I think you can be added somewhere inbetween the other Germans. I'm sure Wendy can arrange that.
You joint MMP after the list was made and Master Elrond started his journey. Maybe Master Thingol would like to show him Grandmas Garden, which I think would be nice too!

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#87 Wed, Aug18 2010 11:45am

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

.... I would like to host master Elrond in grandma's garden... and also introduce it to his twin brother... Croatian master Elrond smile

... whats' the point about this traveling Elrond... !?!?!? I'm also new one member on MMP... Wendy goes with Elrond to diferent countries as a tourist (with Elrond in her pocket) smile than she's welcome to visit Istrian paninsula... near by Italy smile it will be nice....

Last edited by Thingol (Wed, Aug18 2010 11:46am)

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#88 Wed, Aug18 2010 3:43pm

Wendy
Slowest Painter Ever
Website

Ah, very good.  According to the list (one must scroll down a bit on the first page of this topic), it seems ddaines is next on the list.  Then, Master Elrond will make his way to Germany.  One more stop in Germany could not hurt, could it?  And how could he pass without stopping to see Grandma's garden?

Well, Master Thingol, there really isn't much point but a bit of fun.  Just a pic or two of Elrond in his travels from Mithril collector to Mithril collector.  I wish I had been able to accompany Master Elrond.  That would certainly have been worthy of a there and back again-ish title!  I had no idea at the time that Elrond's journey would be so epic.  Wow, he was painted in 2004, shortly after I began painting.  He has dots for eyes.  lol  Funny thing, I have no pics of Elrond at home here.  He was on vacation with me in Alaska/Canada/Washington in the beginning.

Edit: To save some searching, here is the list as it stands now:

-------he's still with Gildor right now-------

Ddaines in the UK to
Zoetrop in Germany to
Axel in Germany to
Theobald in Germany to
Protozeus in Germany to
HalbaradII in Germany to

rita.de in Germany to
Thingol in Croatia to

HSF62 in Australia to
Axe99 in Australia to
Jdbrown55 in Texas to
Twrich in Minneapolis to
Gavin in Vancouver, B.C., Canada to

...me

(Changes to the list are in red as of Aug. 17, 2009)
(Changes to the list are in green as of Aug. 18, 2010)

Last edited by Wendy (Wed, Aug18 2010 3:54pm)

#89 Wed, Aug18 2010 3:45pm

Gavin
Skilled Artisan

To make your list prettier, I am in Vancouver Canada smile

#90 Wed, Aug18 2010 7:15pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

well I'd better write up the entries to fill in his little travelling journal and send it asap...

I have the pics already (something like a hundred pics or so) I can post them even after he is in post office will try to do that before friday smile

#91 Wed, Aug18 2010 8:36pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

.... thanks for your answer Wendy I know now point of this great journey... and you are invited to Croatia... after all... we are popular destination in US for a last time.... and it is nice to be on your list smile When you come to Germany there would be journey full of adventures with lots of great characters from our MMP land.... smile and in Grandmas garden is always welcome. Greetings from his twin brother from distant land lol

Click to close

#92 Wed, Aug18 2010 10:31pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Wendy: this was my sectret plan: (without knowing nothing offormer  lists and other important things . . .)
To let Master Elrond travel from my house to my friend in Croatia!!!! cool

A fine list, Wendy!

Last edited by rita.de (Wed, Aug18 2010 10:35pm)

#93 Wed, Aug18 2010 11:03pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

The old lists were first released in Mithrandir's MMP ... they have been changed due to movement of websites and slow movements of our dear travelling Elrond ... so far there's no-one to be blamed about some delay, as far as I can remember ... even The Man kept him for some time ... alas ... all you have to do is to rely on our 'slowest painter ever', who is our dear Mistress Wendy, of course ... rhuuoommm ... she does keep exact record about that 'travelling-Elrond-thing' ... and I'm sometimes sure about that ... so why hast Elrond? ... and what for?

#94 Wed, Aug18 2010 11:15pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huom ... let me quote, please

Ok, here is the list I have using an old, incomplete list and my memory:

I mailed Elrond to Ken in California  who sent him to
Sherie in Texas to
Shadowspawn in Chicago to
presto247365 in Detroit area to
Mithrandir and Dernhelm in Philadelphia to
Mithril factory in Ireland to
Chris Tubb to
theancientbalrog in the UK to
Ori in Spain to

-------he's still with Ori right now-------

Maenas in Spain to
Fadrion in Spain to
erchamion in Spain to
Gildor in France to
Ddaines in the UK to
Zoetrop in Germany to
Axel in Germany to
Theobald in Germany to
Protozeus in Germany to
HalbaradII in Germany to
HSF62 in Australia to
Axe99 in Australia to
Jdbrown55 in Texas to
Twrich in Minneapolis to
Gavin in Provence de Quebec to

#95 Wed, Aug18 2010 11:39pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

I just copied that list in here.  - It was from Mistress Wendy. So it wasn't me who said that before. Alas, unfortunately our dear Ori definitely seems to have gone lost ... sorry - but it's a loss. I always tried to contact him some years ago.

Ah ... not to get you confused, I just copied this to ask Mistress Wendy to produce anotherlist that might be more up-to date.
So obvoiously Elrond's route has been changed and altered and in parts delayed.
But why haste him? ... So far he's seen and witnessed a lot, I'm sure.
As for you friends around here ... I'm awaiting him since 2007 ... wink

#96 Thu, Aug19 2010 5:46am

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

...we could change Elrond... maybe he have reincarnation somewhere and we do not know which one is it smile with or without haste since 2007 it could be around 1200 days.... and Elrond is not an Ent wink

Last edited by Thingol (Thu, Aug19 2010 5:46am)

#97 Thu, Aug19 2010 8:34am

hsf62
Master Caster

Luckily he's not mortal eighter. Therefore it doesn't matter how long his journey takes...wink

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#98 Thu, Aug19 2010 9:13am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

(I'm putting this thread as sticky... I will then post Elrond pics both in Gallery (later) and in a dedicated thread for each of his "stops" in the art gallery of mayor Samwise)

#99 Thu, Aug19 2010 9:27am

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

I think this is the best possible solution. Before departure to next destination all Elrond pictures must finished in this topic.... this could be motivation to close a Elrond journey circle... !

#100 Thu, Aug19 2010 9:32am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

well that's done smile I've posted his journal entries and the pictures in the art gallery smile   ready to be packed up and sent to david smile

Board footer