Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Thu, Aug19 2010 9:15am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

Elrond's Travels : Gildor (Montpellier/Marseille - France)

Elrond has been there for quite some time now, more than 7 months, I feel guilty but I had to carry him in many places while I was moving my own home...
We've been in several places together, Marseille, to see my parent's home, and also Lodeve and the countryside of my region as well as Montpellier indeed.

In January in Marseille, Elrond discovered many ruins in my mother's garden, druid rings of another time, maybe some numenorean ruins too along with lush vegetation!
Click to closeClick to closeClick to closeClick to closeClick to closeClick to closeClick to closeClick to close

He was then back in Montpellier by March , where he managed to visit some quite interesting forests. Giving thoughts about them, they were far different than those from Lorien or Fangorn but still interesting though.
At some point, he's been visiting a Giant in the appareance of a baby, maybe a remote cousin of those Stone Giants from the Gundabads? After all, there were lots of rocks around!
Click to closeClick to closeClick to closeClick to close

In June, the moving to the new house is now complete, it will soon be time for Holidays and make a sortie! We're going to visit... Lodeve, a small village where my wife's parents come from.
Since First day it was a shock... so wide space, and forests, and hills! I even think he mistook the far village of Olmet as if it was Edoras!
Click to closeClick to closeClick to closeClick to closeClick to closeClick to closeClick to closeClick to close

Back at home now... almost ready for his next travel, Elrond could not leave without paying visit and respect to many of his fellows in the glasscases so I arranged the meetings...
Click to closeClick to closeClick to closeClick to closeClick to closeClick to closeClick to close

He was at last, provided the opportunity to stand among his "elders"...
Click to close

Time to go back to the north now...

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#2 Thu, Aug19 2010 9:32am

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Re: Elrond's Travels : Gildor (Montpellier/Marseille - France)

... I like those pictures.... really like ! Specialy those with small elf in children's stroller...

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#3 Thu, Aug19 2010 9:38am

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

... after I've posting last post here... there are  some more pictures emerge here on number 1... those with mithril shelf... maybe we could open topic called "My mithril shelf" of "My collection" ... or perhaps "My precious" smile

...that could be name for a last picture smile

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#4 Thu, Aug19 2010 10:26am

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Nice photographies, Gildor. And nice to see your collection . . . interesting parts there are . . .

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#5 Thu, Aug19 2010 11:09am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Very nice pictures indeed, Master Gildor ... but ... oh, my God ... the last one ... !!!!!!!!!!!
Our travelling Elrond in front of six rarities ... six ... Elrond must have been delighted in that company ... not to mention your presence as a photographer ... eight rarities in one picture.

#6 Thu, Aug19 2010 11:47am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

well I count seven rarities master Ent smile
Christmas 88,90,92,93 + dwar of waw prototype, MS423A and "born of hope"

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#7 Thu, Aug19 2010 12:14pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Right,Gildor, but there are 8 ... huomm ... though the photographer isn't in his picture himself lol and to me you're a Mithril rarity, too.
(There's a slight reflection in one of the pics you took from one of your glass cabinets still)

#8 Thu, Aug19 2010 12:21pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

yes yes I know, I had hoped nobody would notice... especially since I am barechest....

#9 Thu, Aug19 2010 12:42pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

lol I'm sometimes used to have a close look at things going on here ...

But to become serious again. Isn't there a chance to combine all pics of our 'travelling Elrond' in one single thread which only is based on the pics and the comments of the authors? See, Master Thingol e.g. wasn't really informed about this, and he couldn't be. As for me, I'm afraid that I did miss some pictures of Elrond's travels. With this idea I really don't want to take more of your time ... but ... isn't there a fine Lady being responsible for this Art Gallery? Maybe she could spend some time on it? err, could she? - just an idea, sorry, no harm being intended.

#10 Thu, Aug19 2010 3:31pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

mmhh as far as I remember, there is a gallery section with all the Elrond travels pictures, well that's all the pics I got from Wendy and they are already online, or did I miss something?

#11 Thu, Aug19 2010 4:55pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

ahem, sorry, Master Elf, I simply was not sure as the thread is in the 'Pony section' and not in this one ... (Art Gallery of Mayor Samwise). As you opened a new thread here, I wasn't aware of the old thread and where to look for it. - Thanks.

#12 Thu, Aug19 2010 5:03pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

(when I meant gallery section I did not mean forum but the "mithril gallery" part of this site , just to be sure there is no misunderstanding, here is the link : http://mithril.faerylands.eu/galleries/ … mp;stat=ok

the problem is : these are the only pictures of the Travelling Elrond I ever had... if there are more , I'd be glad to put them in the gallery !! )

#13 Fri, Aug20 2010 7:25pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Gildor Inglorion wrote:

yes yes I know, I had hoped nobody would notice... especially since I am barechest....

You are lucky it was your chest that is bare Gildor, there are emails going around........ lol

Nice collection and good to see plenty of room on the shelves.

#14 Sat, Aug21 2010 8:32am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

well master daines, i only display those figurines I have painted myself over the years... I suppose there is no need to tell you that it represents something like a third of my collection, the rest of it are still in blisters... or packaged in boxes...

#15 Sat, Aug21 2010 9:58am

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Well, regarding your pictures the fourth time Gildor, I come to the conclusion, that it would be a kind of interesting to see,

HOW our fellows presented their treasures . . . I think there are different ways, not only glass cabinets . . .

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#16 Sat, Aug21 2010 12:32pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Well, why not having glass cabinets for those figures? I think I've got 8 (glassy-boxes, not figures) of them (of different sizes, of course) and by now again I'm in need to buy another one. Those figures on the workbench have a right to find a home.

#17 Sat, Aug21 2010 6:47pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

well I suppose it depends how large are you glasscases and also if you display unpainted figurines or not smile

#18 Sun, Aug22 2010 1:53pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

(all pictures now duplicated on the Gallery sections)
we now have pictures for Elrond at Wendy's home before his leaving, then visiting Chris Tubb, Kennako, Shadowspawn and finally myself.

I don't have any other pictures, and would be more than glad if Wendy could send them to me so I post them in the gallery!!

After all, the travelling Elrond has his own 'root section' in the gallery! so that's important smile

#19 Sun, Aug22 2010 2:50pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huoommm ... I witnessed that 'root section' in your gallery already ... I'll try to find out about the lack of pics, if there are any ... though I cannot haste that, you know ...

#20 Sun, Aug22 2010 7:00pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

(I just remember now that you forgot three other rarities but not on the same picture, it is in the one with the Argonath statues... Elrond is in front of Gildor... who is in front of 54Proto2 (and 54Proto3 & 54Proto4)

Board footer