Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#26 Sun, Apr27 2008 3:05pm

Kenakko
Dude of Westernesse

Re: Anyone getting their Corsairs painted?

I hung some pictures up in Sam's gallery, but I'm not sure they're level!  I hope others do the same because I don't think we'll see much on the Mithril website.  At least not for a while...

#27 Wed, Apr30 2008 11:50pm

presto247365
Adventurer

Sadly, My corsairs will remain in port for this deployment.   I actually got my chosen five assembled and primed, but just did not have the time to paint them up.  Tomorrow, finally, is my last day of classes for this semester, and I'll hopefully have more time to paint between now and September!

#28 Thu, May1 2008 1:37pm

Kenakko
Dude of Westernesse

Sorry to hear that Presto.  Despite my firm belief to the contrary, they have posted the Corsairs contest entries on the Mithril website (Michael is a webmaster after all!).  There are some great entries so the competition is stiff! I wouldn't want to be a judge.   There's some really cool stuff there...check it out!cool

#29 Thu, May1 2008 1:57pm

presto247365
Adventurer

I also checked out the galleries this morning, and was favorably impressed!  It was nice to see that I came up with some of the same ideas, lash marks on the backs of the slave figures, and facial tatooing on the bald guy.   (I was thinking more Maori though...) I was very impressed by how well some of the painters rendered stripes and embroidery on the cloth.  cool stuff.

#30 Thu, May1 2008 2:12pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

I'd hate to have to judge between the best of them - they all have different strengths in different ways. It would be easier to judge which are the 'worst', even where 'worst' is a relative term - I probably couldn't have done as well as any of the entrants!

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#31 Thu, May1 2008 2:51pm

Gavin
Skilled Artisan

Those are genius.

I am in absolute awe of everyone involved.

Gavin

#32 Thu, May1 2008 6:43pm

Wendy
Slowest Painter Ever
Website

The difficult thing is to judge from pictures.  It is a little easier with mini in hand.

#33 Thu, May1 2008 8:53pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

With this I do agree , Mistress Wendy.
I would not like to judge ....  or,  to be honest ... I cannot ... and fotunately I don't have to.

#34 Fri, May2 2008 5:43am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Who is/are the judge(s) going to be - do we know? I can't remember if we've been told (memory like a lumber-room etc). but I'd hope The Man himself will be one of them.

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#35 Fri, May2 2008 10:28am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huoommmm .... yes, one of the two, Master Barliman .... huom ... the other one will be Master Lars Edman .... huoommm ... if I remember well .... hom

Board footer