Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Mon, Nov22 2010 9:34pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

The Hobbit - An Unexpected Party

Well here it is, The Unexpected Party, the start of Our journey…..

I still have a couple of small bits to add, but for the purpose of showcasing the scene I think I can finally post some images.

Please excuse the dialogue, my idea of some fun to tell the story which starts with Sam's dad, (a young Gaffer), passing the time of day with an old Gaffer.

“Well Hamfast, looks like young Baggins has a strange visitor!”
“Aye Gaffer, that ‘e does” -

Click to close

“ Sorry! I don’t want any adventures, thank you. Not today. Good morning!

Click to close

But please come to tea – any time you like! Why not tomorrow? Come tomorrow! Good bye!”
Click to close

“ Looks like Mr Baggins is gettin‘ all flustered Gaffer....“
“He does indeed Young Hamfast, he does indeed…”

Click to close

”Far over the Misty Mountains cold
To dungeons deep and caverns old…….

Click to close

....We must away ere break of day
To seek the pale enchanted gold.

Click to close

„The dwarves of yore made mighty spells,
While hammers fell like ringing bells ……

Click to close

.... In places deep, where dark things sleep,
In hollow halls beneath the fells.

Click to close

” ........Dump the crocks in a boiling bowl;
Pound them up with a thumping pole;
And when you’ve finished, if any are whole,
Send them down the hall to roll!

That’s what Bilbo Baggins hates!
So carefully! Carefully with the plates!"[/i]

Dedicated to DW (aka Theobald), CT and all followers and collectors of Mithril Miniatures and the world of John Ronald Reuel Tolkien smile

#2 Mon, Nov22 2010 9:39pm

Milo
The Attic Warden

Re: The Hobbit - An Unexpected Party

coolcoolcoolcoolcoolcoolcoolcoolcoolcoolcoolcoolcoolcoolcoolcool
tonguetonguetonguetonguetonguetonguetonguetonguetonguetonguetonguetonguetonguetonguetonguetongue

First Mithril hobbit house ever !
Speechless Master. This must be shown all around the world.

Last edited by Milo (Mon, Nov22 2010 9:39pm)

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#3 Mon, Nov22 2010 9:41pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Thank you Master Milo, if Barli turns up there are drinks on the bar in the Pony lol

David

#4 Mon, Nov22 2010 10:06pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Drinks? Master Barliman has to open his most famous barrels. I mean these barrels in the back of his cellar, where nobody gets through . . .
Well, David, what can I say? I know that this project is sooo toilsome and sooo perfectly built. It is a treasure. And the words in that dictionary are missing . . .
I like your passion, you show it everytime again. And I agree to Milo: This must be shown all around the world.

cool

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#5 Mon, Nov22 2010 10:17pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Well Christoph, thank you for your kind words, I have just emailed Micheal some images so hopefully he will post them as soon as possible, as for reaching the rest of the world, hopefully those with the means to spread the images will do so smile

I will post them on some other forums and maybe we can get some on the coolminiornot site wink

#6 Tue, Nov23 2010 1:51am

jdbrown55
Marshal of the Mark

David, that is most impressive! I still say, you are the best diorama maker that I know. I will some day do something that impressive too, but until then I always enjoy seeing your work.smile

These are indeed strange days, dreams and legends spring to life out of the grass! - Eomer

#7 Tue, Nov23 2010 7:41am

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Thanks Master David for these pictures. This is just another one magnificent work from your small diorama factory !

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#8 Tue, Nov23 2010 9:34am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

this is so wonderful!!

David, could it be possible to have bigger pics of them in my email?

and please, if you have not done it so, I will do it myself, redirect those pics to Chris and Lars... I really think we could use "officially" your talent for mithril promotion...

I have nothing against Joe Flahey but he is not diorama builder... and the full potential of some releases is totally lost upon him...

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#9 Tue, Nov23 2010 11:08am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Ahhhh, David, this is a marvel reveiling all your skills perfectly. So thank you very much!
I always wished to see the UP being presented in an appropriate diorama. I am so very happy about this.

#10 Tue, Nov23 2010 12:31pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Gildor Inglorion wrote:

this is so wonderful!!

David, could it be possible to have bigger pics of them in my email?

and please, if you have not done it so, I will do it myself, redirect those pics to Chris and Lars... I really think we could use "officially" your talent for mithril promotion...

I have nothing against Joe Flahey but he is not diorama builder... and the full potential of some releases is totally lost upon him...

I will send some along to you Gildor - I have already sent them to Micheal, but not to Chris and Lars so perhaps you would be kind enough to do that for me (they may not recognise my email address).

I also emailed the One Ring web site asking if they would be interested if I sent some images along and I received a positive response, so I will email the images to them which will hopefully get posted at some stage.

I have stated to Micheal to feel free to use the images for any promotional purposes that might help.

#11 Tue, Nov23 2010 12:39pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Theobald wrote:

Ahhhh, David, this is a marvel reveiling all your skills perfectly. So thank you very much!
I always wished to see the UP being presented in an appropriate diorama. I am so very happy about this.

My pleasure Master Theobald, I could not see me doing this piece any other way. I am just so glad to have sorted the lighting problem out at long last - the main sticking point for me that caused so much frustration.

As this scene was the start of the journey for many of us, I have to admit to a certain feeling of nostalgia when I completed it smile - I just hope I don't 'blub' big_smile, when I complete The Grey Havens wink

#12 Tue, Nov23 2010 8:15pm

shadyt
Traveller

Great job on everything. Nice lighting solution!

Board footer