Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Mon, May12 2008 6:43pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Latest GF releases

I'm sure somebody must have seen the pics on Mithril by now, but pictures of the Harad chief and the Annatar vignette are posted.

Chris discussed these with me at Salute regarding the look of the Annatar peice (based upon the Errol Flyn Robin Hood and Sherfiff of Nottingham duel) and some problems with the pose of the Harad chief which would have made casting difficult, but personally I like what he has produced, going by the photos there seems to be a lot of character in the Harad guy, and LOOK Annatar is mostly wearing chain mail not plate wink.

#2 Tue, May13 2008 9:24pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

Re: Latest GF releases

I just witnessed these two figurines! Damn, Chris is getter better everyday! these are quite unique!!! and marvelous. The falcon and the aspect of the harad chief is perfect...  I wait to see a closeup on Annatar's face but I really like the pose!

I can't wait to have them in my hands smile

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#3 Wed, May14 2008 2:38pm

presto247365
Adventurer

Just dropping in for a quick note...I like the masked look of Annatar's face.  Can we assume that numbers 484-493 are going to be our Swan Knight friend's from the South?

#4 Wed, May14 2008 3:11pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

The numbering fits - The Man always said there were going to be ten Dol Amroth dudes.

As for the new MS figures - truly terrific. The Haradrim ('Haradrian'?? - what's that about?) is especially good. The only problem with the duel on the stairs is that the poses limit the figures' conversion potential and the possibility of using them in other contexts. But that doesn't diminish their artistic excellence in the slightest. Magnificent.

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#5 Wed, May14 2008 4:31pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

presto247365 wrote:

Just dropping in for a quick note...I like the masked look of Annatar's face.  Can we assume that numbers 484-493 are going to be our Swan Knight friend's from the South?

I think he said it was six [mounted] and four [on foot].

#6 Wed, May14 2008 5:29pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huoomm .... 10 is the correct number as far as I can remember ... rhuoommm ... many horsed and some on foot .... huommm, yes ... but the top of the wedge depicts two riders who are special .... rhuoommm ... all of the horses being at full gallop if I do remember well ... quite a force ... huommm ... for wargamers ... hom but alas, that's what made that series difficult to merchandise ... rhuommm ... at least that's what I think ... you've heard of TE, etc ... hom.

#7 Thu, May15 2008 5:57am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

What's this about specials, Master Tree? What do you know?

As for TE... Do I need to say anything?

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#8 Thu, May15 2008 9:24am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huoommm ... I was just referring to a pic you do know, Master Barliman ... hom ... a standard and a Prince ... rhuoommm .... special just means being different from the ordinary knights ... hom.

#9 Thu, May15 2008 9:40am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Ahhh, I thought you were intimating that there was something unusual about a couple of the M series Dol Amroth knights. My mistake. I must brush up on my Entish.

Board footer