Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#26 Sat, Jul9 2011 11:04pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Re: THE TAPROOM 2

Huoomm ... Master Barliman, thank you for sharing my thoughts and supporting my criticism ...
rhuuoommh°uom .. though I think that  the word "ciould" in your last entry was meant to be read as "could" ... huoommm ... "heath" and "hearth", you know ... rhuoommm ...

#27 Sun, Jul10 2011 6:02am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

If I could tipe I'd bee a secretary. Butt I can't. As I thing I've said before, these dam keyboars aren;t deisgned forr my fat fingers.

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#28 Sun, Jul10 2011 10:36am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huooommm ... for me twigs neither ... hoomm

#29 Sun, Jul10 2011 4:05pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

big_smile, Now taht you too have pointed out each uvvers tie-pin errors, The Entombed Balrog is now primed and ready to paint (and I have officially become a member of the B.H.W.C.) and what fun I had with those fiddly little horny things!!!

Managed to drop 'em at leat twice with (not so Super hmm) superglue applied, so strange how it sticks everything but what it is supposed to stick!!! Anyway, finally got them stuck to his head.

Re the Horn of Helm, I have simply discarded the base, made a small cast of the support thing although it would have been just as easy to have scratch built a replacement part, and with some luck may get some paint on him tonight.

Same with Guthlaf, hopefully a bit of paint will do him the world of good wink

#30 Sun, Jul10 2011 5:59pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Well blow me down, I'd clean forgotten about poor old Guthlaf! I can't even remember what I've done with the blister at the moment (my workroom is currently a minor, no, a major disaster area). I shall have to track him down. He's probably out looking for his horse.

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#31 Sun, Jul10 2011 6:00pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huoommm ... I do understand the problem you had with those horns well, Master Ddaines ... huom ... but why I'm writing simply is beacause it's my 3300th ... rhuoommm

#32 Sun, Jul10 2011 6:18pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Very hasty of you, to reach such a high number so quickly...

#33 Sun, Jul10 2011 7:24pm

twrich
The Man in the Dark

A voice from a dark corner says: "and I am at 330, one-tenth of you , Master Tree!'

By the by Barli, the candles look nice, and are a good distance away. Thank you.

And hello again, erchamion. I will offer you another drink . . . but please, no more talk of visiting a barrow . . . . "forever!"

Last edited by twrich (Sun, Jul10 2011 7:32pm)

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those that wander are lost." (Strider, The Fellowship of the Ring)

#34 Sun, Jul10 2011 7:41pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

ddaines wrote:

big_smile, Now taht you too have pointed out each uvvers tie-pin errors, The Entombed Balrog is now primed and ready to paint (and I have officially become a member of the B.H.W.C.)

What is B.H.W.C. Master David !?!?! I am a bit curious when it comes to abbreviations and acronyms....

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#35 Sun, Jul10 2011 7:43pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

I was 1330 before last two messages rollhmmsmile Interesting day !

#36 Sun, Jul10 2011 10:34pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Thingol wrote:

ddaines wrote:

big_smile, Now taht you too have pointed out each uvvers tie-pin errors, The Entombed Balrog is now primed and ready to paint (and I have officially become a member of the B.H.W.C.)

What is B.H.W.C. Master David !?!?! I am a bit curious when it comes to abbreviations and acronyms....

The Balrogs Have Wings  [Camp/Club] wink - I have never been 100% convinced/sure of which train of thought  to support*, but to not attach the wings to this mini master would be the wrong choice, so I now support the idea of wings roll.

*(to this seemingly unsolveable question - unless of course somewhere, buried deep amongst Professor T's notes and writings the definative answer lays as yet undiscovered)

Last edited by ddaines (Sun, Jul10 2011 10:35pm)

#37 Mon, Jul11 2011 6:43am

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Can I join the club smile ! wink

#38 Mon, Jul11 2011 7:09am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

I'd be in the ICMUMMOWOTOBTPDHW...OMTD club. ('I can't make up my mind one way or the other, but they probably didn't have wings...or maybe they did'.)

#39 Mon, Jul11 2011 8:24am

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Barliman wrote:

I'd be in the ICMUMMOWOTOBTPDHW...OMTD club. ('I can't make up my mind one way or the other, but they probably didn't have wings...or maybe they did'.)

lol the one I'm sure. You must include chicken wings on the menu! And we could made C.W. Club.... tongue

#40 Tue, Jul12 2011 4:56pm

Milo
The Attic Warden

Barliman, your help deserves something in return, so please, for once, be my guest here, take a sit, tell me what you wanna drink and I bring it to you (and I pay of course). smile

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#41 Tue, Jul12 2011 6:02pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Since you're paying, I'll have a gallon of scrumpy, please - the type with extra rats' tails. Luvverly.

#42 Wed, Jul13 2011 9:05am

Milo
The Attic Warden

Sorry Bariliman, It took me hours to find a clean gallon without asking were I should have looked for...

Here is your scrumpy, extra rats' tail as requested, and the money also. wink

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#43 Wed, Jul13 2011 9:14am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Money! There's something I haven't seen for a while.

#44 Wed, Jul13 2011 8:37pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Posting pictures does make thirsty, Master Thingol. Let´s have a cold drink here in this "new" pony.
May I give you an invitation . . .
You need some coiny thingies Master Barli . . . Let me help you.

PS: my drink is already done, hicks. No more time left . . . you know the reason Master Thingol . . .

Last edited by Turambar (Wed, Jul13 2011 8:38pm)

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#45 Wed, Jul13 2011 8:38pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Thanks for invitation dear Mirkwood friend.... I have also some coiny thingies.... for few mugs of black beer for me and Master Archer...

#46 Wed, Jul13 2011 9:04pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

(Kerchinnnnng) Now I have a few more coiny things. The more the merrier.

#47 Sat, Jul16 2011 9:41pm

Wirilómë
Traveller
Website

*hides in a corner, snatchs a juicy hobbit and goes to eat*

I want a new section here! "The grumpy wives", that's the title! Somewhere where us poor lonesome wives can say whatever we want AGAINST those awfull little bits of metal of yours ;p

Last edited by Wirilómë (Sat, Jul16 2011 9:41pm)

“It is not told whence she came; from the Outer Darkness, maybe, that lies in Eä beyond the walls of the World.” (HoMe X, The Later Quenta Silmarillion)

#48 Sat, Jul16 2011 9:42pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

well... master Milo just left my humble house, with some improvised gifts actually. Eveyrything went fine, I'll have some pics to post tomorrow I hope

quite a pleasant evening (from 6pm to 11pm) ... and a new big glasscase for my wall... that will be more than helpful!

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#49 Sat, Jul16 2011 9:44pm

Wirilómë
Traveller
Website

Pleasant? Pleasant? Having you too speaking of metal bits wasn't pleasant! mad

Ok, quite charming to be honest, but well, I'm an angry wife ;p

“It is not told whence she came; from the Outer Darkness, maybe, that lies in Eä beyond the walls of the World.” (HoMe X, The Later Quenta Silmarillion)

#50 Sat, Jul16 2011 9:48pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

You should eat your husband. Isn't that the usual way spiders solve their domestic disputes?

Board footer