Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#26 Sun, Jul31 2011 2:29pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Re: My work by Sevlag

No, sorry, Mistress Sevlag, as you told you're right handed you hold falcons or them other birds of prey at your left hand because you need your right hand to .... ney, not for holding an apéritif but rather for cheating that feathery-birdy-beings with a reward, such as mice or very tiny yellowish-feathered-other-birdy-beings ... huoomm ...
Galadriel in plate armour ... well ... there have been many discussions about the armour of elves within the last few years ...
well and as for workbenches, you shouldn't provide pics here, as the last time I did that our dear Master barkeep complained that Mrs B complained about his workbench, as mine seemed to be ...err, tidier than his one .... so this seems to be a very serious matter ... that's why I chose to have three. Two down under in the cellar and one upstairs, which is the tidy one ... rhuoom
and as for horses in the Pony, you're right, Master Hsf62, never seen any horsy-being around there withinb the last 20 years or so ... I just was trying to place a joke .... have to have a better one next time ....

#27 Sun, Jul31 2011 2:33pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Err, that's not all warhammer-stuff at your husband's workbench ... that large balroggy-thing definitevely is GW ... body is metal, wings are resin ...

#28 Sun, Jul31 2011 2:36pm

hsf62
Master Caster

All good my friend, maybe I should create a zentaur for the taproom....
half man half horse, that would be ok I guess smile

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#29 Sun, Jul31 2011 2:47pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Definitely NOT ... didn't you read the sign at the door, saying "no cent an hour allowed in these premises" ... which I guess means that our barkeep asks us to spend a bit more within an hour ... at least that's what I can decipher ... I'll go over to the Pony now, maybe it's the first time I meet a Cent'(n)'hour over there ... remember Master Samwise, who always wanted to see an Oliphant, or beast like that ...

#30 Sun, Jul31 2011 3:46pm

sevlag
Collector
Website

You are completely right Théobald it's a GW collection and not warhammer. My husband also corrected me hmm

Last edited by sevlag (Sun, Jul31 2011 3:57pm)

#31 Sun, Jul31 2011 3:56pm

sevlag
Collector
Website

Some other figurines painted a few years ago, with the brilliant varnish hmm
Some dwarfs
Click to close
Click to close
Some elves
Click to close Click to close
Click to close Click to close

#32 Sun, Jul31 2011 6:11pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Err, that thing above the "e" is very nice Théobald ... no one called me like that before ... means a rather soft stressing on that vowel, a circon graphe would have utterly spoiled that sound ... rhuom ...
anyway ... very nice pics, so I see you also chose the basic colour scheme for Elves as I also did - late back in the 80s that was ... rhuoommm ... sorry, no harm intended, Mistress Sevlag ...
but ... I do once had the eyes of an eagle ... so I can tell "warhammer" from "GW" stuff ... huomm ... it's nice to know that your husband let you know what he's painting ... huom ... please don't take me that seriously, but I'm just in a mood for laughters ... just me, the tree ... smile

#33 Sun, Jul31 2011 7:02pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Nice pictures elf lady thanks for this... This dragon is great.. it looks like dragon from movie "Dragon heart"....

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#34 Sun, Jul31 2011 8:34pm

Milo
The Attic Warden

Ah, we see more and ...even workbenches where I like to notice I am not the only 1988 fan in France Making  dioramas since  and having kept the passion.

Thanks for sharing with us Lady Severine!

I'm jalous, I have 2 M110 without this nice shield. ANyone having spares ?

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#35 Sun, Jul31 2011 11:26pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Yes, I do! wink

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#36 Mon, Aug1 2011 8:35am

Milo
The Attic Warden

tongue

#37 Tue, Aug9 2011 10:16pm

Maenas
Traveller

Thank you for the pictures mistress sevlag! I like the brightnes of colors, nice choice!

---
Mae govannen mellon nín.

#38 Wed, Feb27 2013 4:00pm

sevlag
Collector
Website

When I wanted to realize Smaug, I wondered how paint Bilbo so that it appears to be invisible: what paint could well represent invisibility? ..
Then one day while walking in the creative arts store near the place where I work, I found the resin crystal (transparent) and I told myself that Bilbo should be done with it ... But how?
And I also found the resin to create a mold with my figurines in which the resin crystal casting. And here's the result here:
http://mithril.faerylands.eu/galleries/ … 50.jpg.php
The picture is not very clear, because taking something invisible is by definition difficult ..... hmm

Last edited by sevlag (Wed, Feb27 2013 4:03pm)

#39 Wed, Feb27 2013 4:05pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

ahhh I was wondering how you had managed to get this wonder realised!

that's VERY VERY interesting and I may even add I am interested in this !

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#40 Wed, Feb27 2013 4:35pm

sevlag
Collector
Website

The resin to the mold is a mixture of two pastes must be mixing, then is placed within the figurine that wants to reproduce and wait for it to dry. And after you have a re-usable mold:
Click to close

#41 Wed, Feb27 2013 5:23pm

Milo
The Attic Warden

This is great idea and very good result !
I may do the same for M62 as I always felt it would be great to have Bilbo invisible in front of Samug (as Master Archer calls him lol).

thanks for sharing this with us.

Last edited by Milo (Wed, Feb27 2013 5:25pm)

#42 Wed, Feb27 2013 5:31pm

sevlag
Collector
Website

Unfortunately, when I bought the M62, it was part of a big lot and there was only Smaug (no Bilbo or treasure) hmm

#43 Wed, Feb27 2013 10:47pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

I don't think there would be any licence breaking if you cast a figurine in transparent resin it can't pass for a genuine figurine in no way at all...
so well, if those moulds are re-usable, I would humbly ask you if you could make one for me smile I would really like to have an invisible Bilbo (it would also be great to have an invisible Frodo maybE?)

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#44 Wed, Feb27 2013 11:34pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Milo wrote:

This is great idea and very good result !
I may do the same for M62 as I always felt it would be great to have Bilbo invisible in front of Samug (as Master Archer calls him lol).

thanks for sharing this with us.

Oh yes! I am a really fan of Samug and like him very much indeed since I read this book as I was a child!
For me: THE dragon!

Last edited by Turambar (Wed, Feb27 2013 11:43pm)

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#45 Thu, Feb28 2013 7:52am

sevlag
Collector
Website

Gildor Inglorion wrote:

I don't think there would be any licence breaking if you cast a figurine in transparent resin it can't pass for a genuine figurine in no way at all...
so well, if those moulds are re-usable, I would humbly ask you if you could make one for me smile I would really like to have an invisible Bilbo (it would also be great to have an invisible Frodo maybE?)

Before I make this invisible figure, I posed me the question about the legitimacy of such achievement, but I thought like you: because it does not exist, I don't think this is plagiarism. I hope so hmm
It would be a pleasure for me to give you a figurine, Master Gildor. big_smile
But you must know that I didn't have the figurine of Bilbo M62, so I made my mold with Frodo M123. hmm
So either you agree to have a Bilbo / Frodo invisible, like mine and I'll make it a quickly, or Milo is trying to do the same with the real Bilbo and should do with him, or last solution someone lends me a Bilbo, I mold it and return it to its owner and I can make you Bilbo. wink
And once the mold is made, if other gentlemen also want this figurine, I can do it for them. big_smilewink

#46 Thu, Feb28 2013 9:35am

Milo
The Attic Warden

I can send you my M62 Bilbo and let you do a mould for everyone who asks as I have very few spare time these days. wink

#47 Thu, Feb28 2013 11:45am

hsf62
Master Caster

Not much different to metal casting.. big_smile
I like! cool
Well done mistress sevlag! I should have some pics for you on the weekend. wink Sadly enough not of the whole range....

Last edited by hsf62 (Thu, Feb28 2013 11:46am)

#48 Thu, Feb28 2013 12:35pm

cameosis
Master of Languages

wonderful, indeed -- so if i gathered correctly, the mold is made of resin as well?

would you have a link to the product or a manufacturer name? thanks in advance!

Esse quam videri. (Marcus Tullius Cicero)

#49 Thu, Feb28 2013 1:27pm

sevlag
Collector
Website

cameosis wrote:

wonderful, indeed -- so if i gathered correctly, the mold is made of resin as well?

would you have a link to the product or a manufacturer name? thanks in advance!

To make the mold of the figurine, I used Siligum brand Pébéo. It consists of two products, one white and one blue need to mix. But beware, once mixed it dries very quickly. I made a entourage with lego, made ​​a first thickness of Siligum, put the figure inside, once dry (5 min), I covered the model with a second layer of silugum for having the two-part mold.
Click to close
Then you open the mold, remove the figurine, you cut two openings at the top: one to put the crystal resin using a syringe and a smaller one for the air escapes. Before placing the resin, the mold must be coated with Vaseline. Drying time: 24 hours.
The resin cristal :
Click to close

#50 Thu, Feb28 2013 1:50pm

sevlag
Collector
Website

Milo wrote:

I can send you my M62 Bilbo and let you do a mould for everyone who asks as I have very few spare time these days. wink

It's very nice of you to send me your figurine M62. I just buy resin to make a new mold of this figure. Then I can make it for everyone wish for: there are already for you and Gildor. Who else would like Bilbo and Frodo invisible?

Board footer