Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#51 Tue, Aug5 2008 2:40pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Re: ¿News? GF releases

They're both very nice figures indeed. William has a perfect look of gormlessness, and Tar-Minastir of pride! Great work from The Man.

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#52 Tue, Aug5 2008 2:42pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

excellent!  exclusive pictures smile are these final pics?

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#53 Tue, Aug5 2008 4:07pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

They're in the Mithril newsletter that arrived a few hours ago.

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#54 Tue, Aug5 2008 5:35pm

jdbrown55
Marshal of the Mark

Great figures! William the troll is great, but the other one I don't know about him. Let me look in my guide to middle earth book. hmm

These are indeed strange days, dreams and legends spring to life out of the grass! - Eomer

#55 Tue, Aug5 2008 6:59pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

Tar-Minastir is a king of the Second age , eleventh king in Numenor, he appears in the appendices (and of course in the Silmarillion, this is an exception because this character is clearly mentionned in the LOTR appendices and is NOT a major Simarllion character)... this is the king who sent the Numenorean armada to help Gil-Galad crush Sauron forces around SA 1700. This fleet established itself in the Numenorean colonial port (in Middle-earth) of Vinyalondë, built by Tar-Aldarion...

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#56 Tue, Aug5 2008 8:17pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

It seems, that THE MAN is in fantastic modelling form. I should really think about becoming a GF-member:rolleyes:
Thinking about which one is the best becomes more and more hard . . .
Wow- I love that troll !

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#57 Wed, Aug6 2008 4:45am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

It's well worth joining, Master R. - the Fellowship has come up with some sterling suggestions over the past couple of years, and The Man has transformed all of them into gems. Its hard to have favourites, but one of the best is certainly the Halbarad figure - it's probably worth joining just to get him!

#58 Wed, Aug6 2008 6:02am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

well it would be difficult to get Halbarad now master Barliman. In case you had not noticed, the MS437 Halbarad figurine price (according to Zoetrop) has reached 60€ average price... because it has "sold out"! from Mithril... It is the first (and only) GF figurine to not be available anymore!

#59 Wed, Aug6 2008 6:20am

erchamion
Adventurer

I think, Master Gildor, that the price of Halbarad has risen since. roll

A couple of months ago were sold two MS437 in Ebay for 80 £  (about 102 €) and 98 £ (about 125 €). By the way, are the only two I've seen in MS437 Ebay this year, I do not know if there will be left for sale any more .... wink

¡Fuera, viejo Tumulario! ¡Desaparece a la luz! ¡Encógete como la niebla fría, llora como el viento en las tierra estériles, más allá de los montes! ¡No regreses aquí! ¡Deja vacío el túmulo! Perdido y olvidado, más sombrío que la sombra, quédate donde las puertas están cerradas para siempre, hasta los tiempos de un mundo mejor. Tom Bombadil LOTR1

#60 Wed, Aug6 2008 6:29am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

well indeed my price table are from beginning of 2008 and updates are made annualy... I guess you're right then for Halbarad. I'll wait for Zoetrop next file to change that, but I plan on annually updates or that will soon become a crazy work.

It's interesting to notice that figurines whose production was made not so long ago have managed to compete with some of the rarest figurines of the "old days" like M10, M7.... Artificial rarity? still it works...Maybe, sooner than we think, the M16 may become less rare than certain new MX figurines... After all, there has been quite more than only 130 castings of the M16..

#61 Wed, Aug6 2008 7:56am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

All of which tends to underline what I said at the outset - Halbarad is probably the best GF figure to date! I hadn't realised he'd sold out.

#62 Wed, Aug6 2008 9:03am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

(at first, with the gray prime, I had thought that the circlet on his forehead , along with the eyes were some kind of rayban glasses and his face was for me quite... alien... THEN I finally understood it was a circlet and that's really a great face)

#63 Wed, Aug6 2008 3:02pm

Wendy
Slowest Painter Ever
Website

Barliman wrote:

All of which tends to underline what I said at the outset - Halbarad is probably the best GF figure to date! I hadn't realised he'd sold out.

Not only sold out, but the mold broke so there will be no more.  hmm sad

He's still my favorite-ist for obvious reasons.  big_smile

#64 Wed, Aug6 2008 3:05pm

Wendy
Slowest Painter Ever
Website

I might make a slight alteration on William.  A mutton leg would go nicely in his other hand.  big_smile  But I shall wait and see...

#65 Wed, Aug6 2008 3:05pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

remember this name... Halbarad... another dunadan ranger... male this time... mounted this time.... but a future M16, I tell you wink
Northern rangers tend to be jewels in middle-earth wink Look at Aragorn, for example wink

Board footer