Re: About CH11 Price August

OK, let's get back to mithril stuff and progress on MMP diorama ! loltongue

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#27 Sun, Oct9 2011 3:14pm

cameosis
Master of Languages

Milo wrote:

Yes it's true Master Cameosis, I did not create any wiki, sorry for using wrong words.wink
I subscribed to Colin's and added my contribution for mithril & Prince August, as Jason & you did before cool.

Now that  lists are complete except fiew unknow references, I am seeking ebay & google images to fill empty pictures.

there is absolutely no need to apologize! without you, the mithril and prince august sections would still be quite empty, mind you, all credit goes to you. big_smile

i just thought nacho had misunderstood it and i wanted to clarify, is all -- the more people contribute, the better.

Esse quam videri. (Marcus Tullius Cicero)

#28 Sun, Oct9 2011 3:15pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

well CH and F&F are fantasy related, as is mithril...
when sculpting mithril, the man sometimes use all kind of old references he has used for mithril but in fantasy in general, in CH for example (not to mention some CH or F&F could not have the tolkien label but were strongly inspired by it...)

I know the man uses my database and its pics as a basis and examples (accessed through the advanced search engine) to sculpt new references.... he even plans to remake some old CH releases, for the new PM range...

including them, at least the CH (I have not included the F&F you will notice....) is helpful ... to the Man himself so I included it...

I still don't think I will include the F&F now that there is a place at least where they are all referenced, thanks to Milo...
I could even remove the CH now that Milo has included them in colin's wiki...

I think though I will leave the CH here and that will be all smile F&F are a mix of cast figurines and moulds, and sometimes references exist both in moulds.. and in cast under two different references... that's too tricky... the CH range is a Static and easily recognized range....

but the PM will be there though...

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#29 Sun, Oct9 2011 4:05pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

I didn't ask to delete those extensions of MMP ... also I do understand and am aware about what The Man does wink - I do not disrespect all your effort and help, Master Gildor, not at all .... smile
I'm just trying to help a bit ...........

#30 Sun, Oct9 2011 4:53pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Gildor Inglorion wrote:

Chris worked for other companies and on 54mm roman figurines .... I have tried many times to get a list of all that the man has done here and there... it is quite impossible to get....
I took the personal decision not to include (now or in the future) any material linked to things too distant from Mithril

PA (CH and F&F) and Phaeton Design miniatures are closely related to Mithril so that fits... but the other ranges are too distant...

it would fit perfectly in Colin's wiki but not at all on MMP and Mithril Faerylands...

I have the Teutoberger Wald series Gildor of which CT seems to have scuplted most, but not all of the Roman/Germanic figures.

If you wish to have the figure credits and front page of the accompanying little booklets that came with each set I can scan and send them to you, but if you don't need them I will not scan them as there are a few to do wink. Offer applies to anyone else who likes to keep a note of what CT has sculpted in the past.

Also as somone has already pointed out before two (maybe all three) of the three Fantasy Series sets he did for Grenadier (later by Time Machine) credit the sculptor as The Man. If this does not appear on your original metal versions I can again scan and send them to you (I have just looked and noticed that I do not appear to have a booklet with Purity - the two ladies in the water).

#31 Sun, Oct9 2011 5:04pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

well thanks master Daines, as for the original females from another world from Grenadier, I have the three originals from Grenadier still in blisters but I don't remember if the Man is quoted as sculptor of them...

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#32 Sun, Oct9 2011 5:48pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Is that a yes for scans Gildor lol. I just want to be sure before embarking on a scanning session which is like watching paint dry and grass grow big_smile

David

#33 Sun, Oct9 2011 5:57pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

no no I was not clear smile thanks for the info, but the teutoberger is not useful for MMP I think, don't waste time with scanning those please smile unless Milo wants them himself for other purposes but that is irrelevant on Mithril Faerylands as you can guess smile

#34 Sun, Oct9 2011 6:01pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Though long time ago I tried to give some hint concerning those three vignettes. Jim gave me those for free before they were released. - Thank you.
I was laughing out loud, when I read the leaflet provided with the FS-1 set, as it reads:
sculpted by: The Man
painted by: Kevin Townsend
Graphics: Kevin Ullrich
etc.
The older ones among us might remember that it was me who first referred to Chris Tubb as "The Man". I also tried to support the Pony with some politeness by insisting on addressing people with Master or Mistress ... ok ... I am very glad that this by now has become common for most of us .... I have one more major project going on, and by now it goes well ... a second last one to be done ... so we'll see ... Gruoooouuuummmm ... hom?

#35 Sun, Oct9 2011 6:07pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

alas ..... !!!!!! within the Teutoburger Wald series you can clearly witness The Man's perfect knowledge about Celtic designs which you witness in nearly all the Dunlendings he ever sculpted as Mithrils ... sorry, I just had to add this ...

#36 Sun, Oct9 2011 6:16pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Teutoburger Wald that spells, Master Gildor. The older ones among us trees called it Osning once.
Hope you didn't take any offence from my last entries, Master Gildor.

#37 Sun, Oct9 2011 7:33pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

no offense indeed smile

#38 Sun, Oct9 2011 8:51pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Gildor Inglorion wrote:

no no I was not clear smile thanks for the info, but the teutoberger is not useful for MMP I think, don't waste time with scanning those please smile unless Milo wants them himself for other purposes but that is irrelevant on Mithril Faerylands as you can guess smile

Phew, that's a relief big_smile

#39 Mon, Oct10 2011 6:22am

Milo
The Attic Warden

No need to provide these David, I do not intend to get involved in Grenadier wiki Gallery, too big !lol

#40 Mon, Oct10 2011 7:37am

imisel
Collector

Nacho wrote:

Hi guys, this is my list.
I'm sorry, I've no pictures for the moment but I'll very soon.You'll be the firts to know it.

Items with no blister

-The letter "c" minds "conversion"
-"b"  =   "before half painted" [no now]
-"h"  =   "half painted" [never finished]
-"w" minds "without base" [prepared for diorama]
-"ARRRG¨*^º+!!!?" minds "why I've lost it!!!?"

M2b M12 M13 M25 M26b M27 (M4 M29 M30 M31 and M14 ARRRG¨*^º+!!!?" )M32 M33bw M36c M39 M48b M52w M55 M57 M58 M59 M60 M61b M62 M63 M64(fixed) M65b M66c M69b M70b M71b M73bc M76 M83 M86b M88bw M99 M104 M113 M115 M116c M118b M120 M122! M123 M126b M128 M129bc M131bw M135b M137 M138 M139 M141 M142 M143 M144 M145 M147c M152 M155c M156cb M158 M161 M169 M181b M196 M199 (x3) M215(only the arm) M202w M203w M210 M218 M219 M221 M224

I can't find M58 M60 M61% M111 M162 ... I think I've lost them.ARRRG¨*^º+!!!?
I've got also M261 M272 M273 M327 M348 M349 M377 M379 M383 M387 M389 M391 M392

And finally, one question ... Is there any OOP Mithril Gigant eagle? (I'll take a picture too) The eagle come with separate legs (one of both on a rock,the other one with two separate fingers) and an agly rider-fighter. 

Regards

If I have read it right, you had lost m30 - If it appears again, I'll be very interested, it's one of the few minis I need to finish....

Regards

Ilsa:A franc for your thoughts.
Rick: In America they'd bring only a penny, and, huh, I guess that's about all they're worth.

CASABLANCA (1942)

#41 Thu, Oct20 2011 8:20pm

Milo
The Attic Warden

Master Nacho, thanks to you, I updated PA wiki gallery coolbig_smile:
http://www.miniatures-workshop.com/lost … _August%29

Last edited by Milo (Thu, Oct20 2011 8:21pm)

#42 Thu, Oct20 2011 8:26pm

Milo
The Attic Warden

Nacho wrote:

And finally, one question ... Is there any OOP Mithril Gigant eagle? (I'll take a picture too) The eagle come with separate legs (one of both on a rock,the other one with two separate fingers) and an agly rider-fighter. 

Regards

Your magnificent giant eagle comes from Ral Partha: '13-100 War Eagle'
http://www.miniatures-workshop.com/lost … _the_Night

#43 Sat, Apr14 2012 5:31pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

Focusing on the prime meaning of this topic once again...
I updated the info on the CH11 page (thanks to the precious cross searches and finds Milo has been able to make! thanks a lot Milo)

Also, now that there is a page dedicated to all PA stuff 'the lost mini wiki' by Milo, I think I'll remove my database entries for DE1,DE2,DE3 and DE4...
I'll keep all the CH though, mainly because the man has decided to make a subset of his Phaeton Miniatures dedicated to the remake of old CH and MMP is indeed intended to reference the Phaeton Miniatures smile so finally the original PA CHaracters are welcome... but not the F&F are too far off-topic... for the time being

(I also made all updated of PM and PCH recently released smile  and should soon post ALLLL the pics you gentlemen have sent me for publication, no hurry no hurry)

Board footer