Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#26 Mon, Aug18 2008 2:09am

Axe99
Master of Photos

Re: My Work

Nice one JD - somewhat partial to Rohirrim, I'm guessing wink?

#27 Mon, Aug18 2008 4:17am

jdbrown55
Marshal of the Mark

You guessed right, Master Axe! The Rohirrim are my favorite.

These are indeed strange days, dreams and legends spring to life out of the grass! - Eomer

#28 Sat, Apr11 2009 6:40pm

jdbrown55
Marshal of the Mark

Well, it has been a long time since posting in some of my work, so here goes:

Click to close

Tell me if his skin color is ok. I wasn't sure if it should be a dark gray or the color I used. Let me know.hmm

These are indeed strange days, dreams and legends spring to life out of the grass! - Eomer

#29 Sat, Apr11 2009 6:43pm

jdbrown55
Marshal of the Mark

And details are not my speciality! tongue

#30 Sat, Apr11 2009 7:29pm

OriginalAragorn
Strider

I think the skin color is perfect!  big_smile

Too many people just use grey, green or similar colors for trolls.  I think more of a fleshy color is a nice change.  Good work - but aren't you aiding and abetting that troll in the destruction of your beloved Rohirrim??

And here we find you feasting and idling - and smoking! Smoking! Where did you come by the weed, you villains? - Gimli

#31 Sat, Apr11 2009 8:51pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

mmh, the skin colour of Trolls is also my problem. That´s the reason the cleaver-Troll is still unpainted.
I think the fleshy-tone is a good alternative, Jason, really.
As far as I am concerned I am still searching for an answer.

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#32 Sat, Apr11 2009 10:19pm

jdbrown55
Marshal of the Mark

First off, thanks for the compliments. Second, do you all think I should paint the rest of my trolls the same skin color?
Let me know.

#33 Sat, Apr11 2009 10:24pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Jason, I have to tell you a clear: yes. Let me explain. I think it is important to be consequent. That there is a " line " in coloration. For me it makes more sense,
when all Trolls have the same color-sceme. ( nevertheless there are different Troll-races. )
Otherwise there are fleshy, green and black ones, for example, and when I visit you somewhere in Taxas I think:
mmhh, this man can´t decide on which color to use for those Trolls. I would give all Trolls the same color.

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#34 Sat, Apr11 2009 10:29pm

OriginalAragorn
Strider

Personally, I like variety in the skin colors (they could be trolls from different regions, or different species of trolls).  However, if you want to select a similar skin color for all of them I think your choice is a good one.

Also, you are a better painter than you give yourself credit for!  The details look fine.  The armour looks nicely detailed.  Your color choices are nice.

Maybe a little more shading or highlighting would add to the appearance, but that is fine-tuning.  Overall, your figures make a nice presentation and would look good on a display.

George

And here we find you feasting and idling - and smoking! Smoking! Where did you come by the weed, you villains? - Gimli

#35 Sat, Apr11 2009 10:29pm

jdbrown55
Marshal of the Mark

Thanks Christoph! I will do it then. The M49 is half-way done and I will post it when I am finished.

#36 Sat, Apr11 2009 10:32pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

O.K. Jason, lets wait for the M049.

#37 Sun, Apr12 2009 1:12am

jdbrown55
Marshal of the Mark

Well, here they are:
Click to close

#38 Sun, Apr12 2009 4:00am

hsf62
Master Caster

Don't make these guy's angry. You never know what they are up to.tongue
I'm glad I don't have to paint them. I wouldn't know what colour to use for the skin eighter. But the colour you picked is not bad at all.

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#39 Mon, Apr13 2009 1:09am

jdbrown55
Marshal of the Mark

Here is my shot at a Haradrim soldier:
Click to close
Sorry, it is a little blurry.hmm

#40 Mon, Apr13 2009 1:39am

OriginalAragorn
Strider

Nice paint job and colors!  By the way, I like these models better than GW Haradrim.

By the way, if anyone around here is a fast painter - it's you!  big_smile

#41 Mon, Apr13 2009 4:05am

jdbrown55
Marshal of the Mark

Well, as you have seen my details are not that good, but I am happy with what I do. big_smile

The GW Haradrim are really bad! I did not like them in the movies at all. Mithril is far superior!

Thanks for the compliment.

#42 Mon, Apr13 2009 9:06am

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

. . .  seems that there is still some of that Vodka in my blood when I have a look at the picture, Jason . . .  lol

#43 Wed, Apr15 2009 10:22pm

jdbrown55
Marshal of the Mark

Here is my M50:
Click to close

#44 Wed, Apr15 2009 10:27pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

The skin tones look good Jason, it is good to see some variation, I seem to get stuck on the same track and need to vary colours a bit more.

Keep up the good work smile

#45 Wed, Apr15 2009 11:56pm

jdbrown55
Marshal of the Mark

Thanks David.

Here is my M47:
Click to close

I am on a roll right now!big_smile 
Keep checking for more of my work!

#46 Wed, Apr15 2009 11:59pm

jdbrown55
Marshal of the Mark

I think I heard something! mad

Let's check it out!
Click to close

This is some of my scenery that is not finished yet, but it still looks cool! big_smile

#47 Thu, Apr16 2009 4:16am

hsf62
Master Caster

Good start. I can already imagine the finished diorama!
I'm happy to life in Bree and not close to this cave!

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#48 Thu, Apr16 2009 4:29am

jdbrown55
Marshal of the Mark

Here is my M44! I think this is a record for me! Three minis in one day! lol
Click to close

#49 Thu, Apr16 2009 1:31pm

hsf62
Master Caster

That is a record. Compared to myself with one painted mini in the last 3 years!hmm

#50 Thu, Apr16 2009 8:30pm

erchamion
Adventurer

hsf62 wrote:

That is a record. Compared to myself with one painted mini in the last 3 years!hmm

Hey!, I have too the same rhythm of painting .... lol

That if, I used to paint a pair in one afternoon 10 years ago roll

Incidentally, Jason, I like what comes out of the cave smile

¡Fuera, viejo Tumulario! ¡Desaparece a la luz! ¡Encógete como la niebla fría, llora como el viento en las tierra estériles, más allá de los montes! ¡No regreses aquí! ¡Deja vacío el túmulo! Perdido y olvidado, más sombrío que la sombra, quédate donde las puertas están cerradas para siempre, hasta los tiempos de un mundo mejor. Tom Bombadil LOTR1

Board footer