Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Sun, Jan22 2012 4:29pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

W A R L O R D S

After receiving the christmas figure for 2011 I noticed, this is again a warlord.
I looked in my pool of figures and discovered three christmas-figure-warlords.
And there is that Junast-guy announced . . .

So- this is the chance to have four great dioramas of four great warlords from the "evil" side:
Hillmen/Dunland, Khand, Sagath and Harad.

Click to close

I was working around the Khand scene since last summer, not finding the real "taste" for this character.
Fortunately I found a very fitting inspiration by a work from Master Jar of the con-genial guys of massive-vodoo!
( be aware if you visit this site: http://massivevoodoo.blogspot.com/  it leds to frustration very often . . . big_smile )

Click to close

Click to close

Click to close

Last edited by Turambar (Sun, Jan22 2012 4:41pm)

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#2 Sun, Jan22 2012 4:35pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Re: W A R L O R D S

The second scene is the sagath-chieftain, which whom I have some problems about fitting to the other sagath figure.
Also my edition is casted very bad.
But anyway- there was still this chariot of "you-know-which-company" floating around somewhere.
Relict of a former project of wainriders . . . but not being realised. Too small! I was lucky for having it still.
So, this chariot was very welcomed indeed for this scene . . .

Click to close

Click to close

Click to close

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#3 Sun, Jan22 2012 4:37pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

For the third project I must have a closer look for thise standarts from Master Nino . . .  cool

#4 Sun, Jan22 2012 5:19pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Almost as good as the ever excellent idea, figures and execution of the scenes are the bits of wood that you use Master Archer to base them on wink. Do you buy them like that with bits missing, or do you pull the 'knots' or whatever out to give the effect.

Whatever, they do give your compositions that extra 'buzz' smile.

#5 Sun, Jan22 2012 5:31pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Errr ... perfect, Master Turambar, most perfect ... until now I wasn't aware of your special kind of humour, though I guessed it ...
in case you are in need of more slates to be broken, you know where to ask .... thank you, that's another great piece for your shelf indeed .... I'm very much interested what you did to that good-old-last Christmas figure and the Sagath warrior ... and let me thank you especially to reveil another two pages of your sketch-book ... "let the winds blow, the rain pouring down as never  ever before to keep Master Turambar inside to build excellent dioramas" --- Err, that's an old Entish saying I was just quoting.

#6 Sun, Jan22 2012 5:52pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Thank you gentlemen!
Decades ago I bought bases from Master Dave Cencich. Those were australian eucalyptus-wood.
Unfortunately I cannot find him, so I turned to these olive-wooden bases.
But meanwhiling those are consumed.

By chance I discovered a similar wood at: www.sockelmacher.de
I bought a huge piece and cut it into the sizes I need. The "troubles" in the surface are real.
That´s because, this wood is a kind of a root.

#7 Sun, Jan22 2012 6:15pm

Milo
The Attic Warden

Very good idea to have warlords like this Christoph !

I like wooden base aspects very much.
May I suggest you add more alive colors on sagath minis ?  M17 skin looks like it's almost undead, and white brushing is a bit "too much" (in my opinion wink).

Then Khand scene deserves a special applause. The atmosphere is fantastic.

Last edited by Milo (Sun, Jan22 2012 6:15pm)

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#8 Sun, Jan22 2012 9:38pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Yes Master Milo, almost undead! That´s exactly the way he should look like.
Being a part of Sauron´s troops, or better saying, corrupted by Sauron those Sagath-tribes look that way, in my imagination!

Sorry, this is NO brushing! I don´t like brushing, or drybrushing. As far as the miniatures are concerned there is ONLY shading!

Nice that you have a critical look!

#9 Mon, Jan23 2012 7:27am

Milo
The Attic Warden

OK, I understand now that you obtained exactly what you wanted ! Very well done then lol
Regarding "brushing" word, sorry if I used wrong term, it's much more the dominance of white I wanted to talk about.

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#10 Mon, Jan23 2012 7:54am

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

smile !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great as usual wink worth all the best of compliments... thank you for another trip to the wonderful world of imagination Master Archer !!!

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#11 Mon, Jan23 2012 7:58am

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Turambar wrote:

For the third project I must have a closer look for thise standarts from Master Nino . . .  cool

If you want I can do some more photography ot this figure..... and send it to you....one of these days..... (but not cut ​​into small pieces)... wink

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#12 Wed, Feb1 2012 11:40am

elroi
Master of Brushes
Website

The lord of Khand looks very good, but the second scene is even better... the idea and the execution of it is great.

The way you integrate the miniatures, the differente elements and the wooden base gives a perfect atmosphere to both pieces.

And i liked a lot your vision of the human troops of Sauron

Not criticals for me today, just compliements wink

PS: like master tree said, your sketch book its itself a piece of art

#13 Wed, Feb1 2012 3:28pm

shadyt
Traveller

The Khand warlord is my favorite so far also, Brilliant!
You could add a 5th warlord to your plan, The Dundlendings! There have been enough Dunland chieftans made to make a General and his entire staff.

#14 Wed, Feb1 2012 11:01pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Hey! Thank you very much gentlemen! Just compliments from Master L-Roi?! This is a guareantee for a sleep-ful night!
Interesting to see, who has got which paraphilia- no, better saying preferences . . .  cool

Master shady- I will treat the Hillmen king as a kind of a dunlending. Another figure of that kind would be too similar.
I am just about experimenting with some scottish pattern . . .
Well, I am inside the waiting loop for your brilliant suggestion of the "Junast of Far Harad"! Can´t wait to see a preview . . .
( which I certainly won´t never see . . .)
And I hope the Man will fulfill the expectations . . . and will be generous with pictures . . .

Board footer