Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Tue, Jul29 2008 4:26pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

Help needed from Spanish collectors (if there are any interested)

I am desperatly trying to contact "Silvie and Martin" at Juegos Sin Fronteras in Spain.
This enterprise sells Mithril and was quite friend with Chris Tubb. I wrote several emails to their official email address but they do not seem to read their mail anymore for quite some months I have a returning error message saying the mailbox is full...

Could someone who speaks spanish or lives in Spain contact them for me please?
their website is there : http://personal3.iddeo.es/juegossinfron … thrile.htm

The questions I am trying to ask them is that :
They quote in their website that the Christmas 1989 IS an "Isildur 32mm vignette". Neither Chris Tubb nor the guys at the Mithril Factory in Ireland do remember anything like this. They simply can't remember this reference... Since Chris told me they were friends of his and all other information from their site is so far accurate, maybe they have the "key" to the Christmas 1989 mystery.
If they could be joined , if they could give us some info about it and ... it would be great.... a picture of it... (as they seem to own this figurine) that would be a great achievement for the Mithril collectors community!

Thanks in advance!

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#2 Wed, Jul30 2008 6:52am

erchamion
Adventurer

Re: Help needed from Spanish collectors (if there are any interested)

This company was (if not still is) the official distributor of Mithril in Spain. I bought there many years ago (in my first stage collector) many of my figures. Even taking advantage of a trip to Barcelona, I visited the store. He had exposed all references in showcases (some painted and others not). It was like a kind of Mithril´s museum smile

The website updated the very late afternoon. It's best to try to locate them through the mail or by telephone. There are bad days (for holidays) to try to talk to them. However, you leave in my hands to try that, Gildor. I know some Spanish ..... lol

¡Fuera, viejo Tumulario! ¡Desaparece a la luz! ¡Encógete como la niebla fría, llora como el viento en las tierra estériles, más allá de los montes! ¡No regreses aquí! ¡Deja vacío el túmulo! Perdido y olvidado, más sombrío que la sombra, quédate donde las puertas están cerradas para siempre, hasta los tiempos de un mundo mejor. Tom Bombadil LOTR1

#3 Wed, Jul30 2008 9:18am

erchamion
Adventurer

Well, the tasks it is best to make them as soon as possible. A Spanish proverb, "Do not leave for tomorrow what you can do today" smile

In a nutshell, I have already spoken to "Juegos sin fronteras". They tell me that this figure actually EXISTS and that was a gift from Mithril their distributors. They say that official distributors from France and Germany must have another copy and who believe that not being put up for sale. They are going to try to make any photo to her figure and send it by e-mail if given time because, as I said, the store closes for vacation. roll

The French and German friends can ask while in their official distributors wink

¡Fuera, viejo Tumulario! ¡Desaparece a la luz! ¡Encógete como la niebla fría, llora como el viento en las tierra estériles, más allá de los montes! ¡No regreses aquí! ¡Deja vacío el túmulo! Perdido y olvidado, más sombrío que la sombra, quédate donde las puertas están cerradas para siempre, hasta los tiempos de un mundo mejor. Tom Bombadil LOTR1

#4 Wed, Jul30 2008 10:48am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

Prince August France is "hermetic" about such things and there is no way to get info from them...They do not like me at all because I bypass them to order directly from Mithril Ireland since their "lack of professionalism" (they released the lossarnach army One year after its release, and currently the Corsairs of Umbar have been released two weeks ago...) So I don't suppose contacting them would be a good idea...
A picture is fine erchamion, quite fine actually!! but not only for me, but for Chris Tubb too! He does not remember it at all!! I suppose he may need a front pic of it as well as a pic of what is written below the plate....

I have been after this figurine for years myself... and would give quite a lot to have it added to my collection (I suppose I am not alone in that case...) but for the time being a pic would be a "boon"...

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#5 Wed, Jul30 2008 12:51pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

I directly contacted Chris Tubb about this good news you provided Erchamion. I think he is expecting news about this as much as me at the moment... Please let me know as soon as you receive a pic smile
If people in Germany can cross-check this information and have some more clues that would be great too.

Alas PA France lost their "former Mithril coordinator" years ago, she was called Maria and died in a car crash sad . She was the one in contact with Mithril, who provided "first hour collectors" (of which I am not... alas) some ME2 Aragorn figurines as promotional material.... Currently I don't even have this ME2 myself... one of the few "gaps" in my collection.
Nobody currently at PA France nor at Mithril Ireland seems to have enough "old knowledge" of what was there back in 1989 to answer our questions I fear.

#6 Wed, Jul30 2008 2:01pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Hmmm, would they rent out this vignette for a while???

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#7 Wed, Jul30 2008 5:28pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

hsf62 wrote:

Hmmm, would they rent out this vignette for a while???

I'll have one Holger, lol.

#8 Wed, Jul30 2008 6:20pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

tss tss dear friends... let's just hope to have AT LEAST a PICTURE of that chimera first would you ? smile

#9 Wed, Jul30 2008 6:29pm

Gavin
Skilled Artisan

This is the internet, pointless speculation is fun! :p

#10 Thu, Jul31 2008 10:37am

hsf62
Master Caster

Maybee we could breed it if it is a chimera? lol
Let's wait for the pic!

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#11 Thu, Jul31 2008 10:44am

erchamion
Adventurer

Let us have patience. wink I do not believe that until September we may have reached some pic. As I said, the store closes for vacation in August.

While we have a few weeks to dream ....roll big_smile

#12 Thu, Jul31 2008 10:47am

hsf62
Master Caster

After 20 years, what is 1 month?

#13 Sat, Aug23 2008 10:37am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

well not that I am in a hurry but september is approaching smile Please don't forget to recontact Juegos sin Fronteras , erchamion. Chris and myself are waiting for news smile and I personnaly am very curious wink

#14 Sat, Aug23 2008 10:47am

erchamion
Adventurer

Don´t worry. In early September calling again ....wink

#15 Sat, Aug23 2008 12:16pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Thre are more curious people on this site....

#16 Wed, Sep3 2008 9:31am

erchamion
Adventurer

I have a couple of days calling by telephone and they didn´t catch.hmm
Not desespoir, I still trying .....wink

#17 Wed, Sep3 2008 12:42pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Keep on at it Master Erchamion. I'm sure it pays itself back.

#18 Sun, Sep21 2008 9:36pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

Well any chances so far master Erchamion... the suspense is very hard to endure smile please let me know as soon as you have info... Chris Tubb recontacted me on this matter tonigh.. and he is waiting for news about that too ...sad

#19 Mon, Sep22 2008 4:26pm

erchamion
Adventurer

I have not forgotten the issue wink
It is true that I have been a few days of vacation (finally!) But since I returned I have not stopped calling and ...... nothing. Do not address either of the two phone numbers that appear on the website. However, I am very rockcod big_smile
I'll continue trying .....smile

#20 Wed, Oct8 2008 2:51pm

erchamion
Adventurer

Well, they still don´t respond to phone. I eventually decided to send a fax. Let's see if we are lucky! wink

Is there someone in the forum who lives in Barcelona? He/she could go to the address of the store....

#21 Wed, Oct8 2008 3:18pm

Ori
Traveller

Not me. I live in Madrid

#22 Wed, Oct8 2008 4:34pm

Wendy
Slowest Painter Ever
Website

I believe Maenas lives in Barcelona...

#23 Mon, Oct27 2008 6:17pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

so still no news at all from Juegos?

#24 Wed, Nov19 2008 12:59pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

I put a new focus on this topic as we are still trying to figure out more about this 1989 vignette.

Could Maenas or Erchamion try to join Juegos another time please? they are our only source of information... we can't afford to loose it sad

#25 Wed, Nov19 2008 5:31pm

erchamion
Adventurer

Gildor, wearing reason when you say they are our only hope to know something about this 1989 vignette. But believe me when I say that it is more difficult to contact them to find The Ring .... roll

It's as if they did not want to be found .... tonguelol

I can only say that I will try from a distance (Granada is nearly 1000 km from Barcelona) with phone calls and faxes. I feel unable to give other news hmmsad

Last edited by erchamion (Wed, Nov19 2008 5:31pm)

Board footer