Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Thu, Sep25 2008 3:21pm

Wendy
Slowest Painter Ever
Website

Isildur MV

Now that the Anything Tolkien campaign over at Historicus Forma (about which I posted earlier) has been under way for a while, I probably should get to work.  big_smile

A question:
Have any of you gents who have built and painted this one already felt it necessary to pin all the little parts or do you think superglue is adequate?

#2 Thu, Sep25 2008 4:16pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Re: Isildur MV

Oh, Wendy, you chose a difficult vignette.
Yes, I did assemble and paint that one (or better: the other way round). I first painted the figures and all details as they're supposed to stand that close. Then assembling is somewhat tricky and takes a lot of time. I used a very good superglue - and even in spite of that it was a bit difficult to have all items in the places they should stick to. I think it doesn't make much sense to pin all the little parts as they're too small. That might damage parts of the figures.
Well, and once glued the painted parts it's a good job to do the highbrushings and shadings with a very small brush.
At least that's how I tried to cope with that, well, difficult vignette (I'm referring to MV359)
Good luck !!!

#3 Thu, Sep25 2008 10:39pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

I used to try and pin Mithril figures Wendy, but with old age lol creeping up and failing eyesight, i found I was drilling location holes into my fingers instead of the feet hmm , so now I tend to rely on superglue. This should work fine as long as it is being stuck to a secure surface.

#4 Fri, Sep26 2008 12:25am

Kenakko
Dude of Westernesse

Click to close
Is this the one, Wendy?  I've only pinned Mithril to repair figures.  I should have pinned the wings on Smaug!

#5 Fri, Sep26 2008 2:41am

Wendy
Slowest Painter Ever
Website

Yup, that's the one.  (I hope mine looks as good as yours, Ken.)

I did file off all the raised stuff on the standard since I'd rather paint the tree and stars on it (unless that would be incorrect).

Well, I'll pin them to the base (drilled and glue brass rod into the feet today - makes for easier picking up), but those little hands seem a bit small for pinning.  Here's hoping I never drop it.  roll

#6 Mon, Oct13 2008 1:44pm

Wendy
Slowest Painter Ever
Website

Ah, finished it...I'll post pics pretty soon.

Board footer