Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Fri, Nov16 2012 5:38pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

some wine over there...

Hello there gentlemen, I don't know where or how to ask it so I try here as it is a tavern after all...

This year during the international stand for Chocolate in Paris (I was there...) I made something crazy...
I bought several bottles of very famous and noble wine (ice wine  eiswein in german) from Austria (not Germany) 2002, very rare, and very expensive...
It is a wine harvested during the months of february, late grape,  at temperatures ranking from -7°c to -10c and by night. the taste is wonderful and has no equal... but it has a cost.... 120€ per bottle sad (far more precious and rare than Champaign or "Yellow Wine")... You can find similar bottles on the internet for 340€ for a single bottle I checked them...
This wine can be kept in caves for more than one hundred years.

I bought 18 bottles but I needed only 6 for myself, but the persons I bought them for (family and others) turned out not to be interested anymore after I bought them all and now the contract is signed I can do nothing more but to pay and get them.

I am trying to find out if anybody among people I know would be interested in some bottles of this precious wine. So I ask here just in case (I will myself receive the bottles at the beginning of December)

Please let me know if in any case you would be interested by one bottle OR if you know anybody who would be. I'm only willing to keep 6 for myself hmm

thanks you in advance

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#2 Fri, Nov16 2012 5:54pm

Sam Wise
Adventurer
Website

Re: some wine over there...

sad it could be a funny story.... but it's not !

I'm not interested myself (I've some old "Côteaux du Layon" and don't drink a lot....tongue)
If you can't sell them here, what are your "alternative" solutions ?

I think that "wine-sellers" could be good if you know someone serious, or even "petites annonces" (don't have the english word! sad)

Try to sell them more than you pay : it's not a crime to save money ! (and it could useful for buying some MITHRIL figures!!!!!!!!smile )

Good Luck Master Gildor!smile

"no fear to fight, no fear to loose, just want to have fun!" (anonymous)
feel free to visit my blog Sam's Minis World

#3 Fri, Nov16 2012 6:01pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

well I'm not interested in making profit actually, just get back what I spent for "others" and not to ruin myself. For bottles I expected my own family to get some  (they are supposed to be interested in wine...) but who did not...

I am not in contact with "connaisseurs" myself so... I'll have to manage until I find someone.

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#4 Fri, Nov16 2012 6:32pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

I do not live in EU sad and you can not send me any of those bottles without complicated custom import procedures so my answer is unfortunately  - no.....

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#5 Fri, Nov16 2012 6:57pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

does it have to be labelled wine on the package? oO it could be packaged along with other stuff and sent as gift or the customs would scan the content?

#6 Fri, Nov16 2012 8:13pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Sorry Gildor that you have been 'stitched' on this sad, unfortunately I am not able to help you out, but the old saying "No good deed goes unpunished" seems sadly apt in this instance hmm.

Can you sell wine on ebay? Or are you able to set up a small business for the duration of your ownership to perhaps get around any laws on selling alcohol?

Best wishes anyway.

#7 Sat, Nov17 2012 8:42am

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Gildor Inglorion wrote:

does it have to be labelled wine on the package? oO it could be packaged along with other stuff and sent as gift or the customs would scan the content?

This will be possible when we will enter into a magnificent EU... till then it is not possible to import food and agricultural products through the ways like that...

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#8 Sat, Nov17 2012 11:20am

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Well- this ice wine, especially the Austrian "edition" is very dilicious! Unfortunately I would spend that much mony only for spanish TINTO !

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#9 Wed, Feb6 2013 7:00am

imisel
Collector

orcs everywhere!

Ilsa:A franc for your thoughts.
Rick: In America they'd bring only a penny, and, huh, I guess that's about all they're worth.

CASABLANCA (1942)

Board footer