You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Mon, Dec10 2012 6:38pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

New Mithril Gallery Tutorial

Hello gentlemen,

thanks to our dear member Milo, we now have a great and exhaustive tutorial explaining in detail how to use this brand new gallery module!

the tutorial is split in two parts :

the public tutorial (on how to use the gallery as a visitor, to display showcases, rate pictures, to post comments...)
http://mithril.faerylands.eu/mithril_ga … public.pdf

the admin tutorial (for those who asked for editing access and can create and manage sub-albums, upload pictures, edit descriptions and tags)
http://mithril.faerylands.eu/mithril_ga … _admin.pdf

If there is something you don't understand or you want more information don't hesitate to ask!!
this module is now open to you all (who asked for it and registered) to upload/edit/manage smile

(NB: i had almost 150 "spam/bots" comments already (as I allowed for public comments...) so I added a "captcha" verification when you post comment, in order to prevent Orcs from commenting wink

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#2 Mon, Dec10 2012 9:12pm

Sam Wise
Adventurer
Website

Re: New Mithril Gallery Tutorial

I will read that !!
Many thanks for the great work you make for a very very good site !
(maybe, the Best I've ever visited and/or used )

Sam

"no fear to fight, no fear to loose, just want to have fun!" (anonymous)
feel free to visit my blog Sam's Minis World

#3 Mon, Dec10 2012 9:22pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

This is really fantastic, Master gildor! Absolutely great and toilsome work. Thank you very much for your energy.

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#4 Mon, Dec10 2012 9:31pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

well you have master Milo to thank for this incredible work on the tutorial smile he wrote it up all by himself smile I am not good at writing down procedures for others hmm

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#5 Mon, Dec10 2012 11:07pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Ahh, so I say:

This is really fantastic, Master MILO! Absolutely great and toilsome work. Thank you very much for your energy.

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#6 Mon, Dec10 2012 11:53pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

hehe smile

#7 Tue, Dec11 2012 7:22am

Milo
The Attic Warden

Thanks for kind words Master Turambar lol

I raise my glass to Master Gildor for the new gallery. This is perfect tool for showing everyone's work on mithrils.

Last edited by Milo (Tue, Dec11 2012 7:27am)

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#8 Tue, Dec11 2012 8:38am

imisel
Collector

great job!

Ilsa:A franc for your thoughts.
Rick: In America they'd bring only a penny, and, huh, I guess that's about all they're worth.

CASABLANCA (1942)

#9 Tue, Dec11 2012 9:57am

elroi
Master of Brushes
Website

Many thanks both Masters Milo and Gildor for doing this tutorial.

I didn´t until now realised of the new and awesome gallery (very, very sorry....), so now I´m going to enjoy it a lot.

Thanks again!

#10 Tue, Dec11 2012 2:20pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Very well done, the both of you!
I can upload (works) I can sort and edit the images (works) I press apply after I changed something! big_smile

Now I go to the gallery and it shows no new pictures???? I go to edit the gallery and all the pics I've uploaded are there????
DO I NEED STRONGER GLASSES? sad

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#11 Tue, Dec11 2012 2:45pm

Milo
The Attic Warden

When you go back to your gallery, you may need to refresh web page (Ctrl F5) as your browser sometimes keeps images in memory.

Do not worry Master Caster, I can see all images you have added and sorted.
Great work I see and I hope to see more in the future.. (remember Nori?)... who knows ?roll

#12 Tue, Dec11 2012 3:02pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

yes it is purely a matter of refresh on your web browser , a F5 should do the trick without problem smile that does not mean other don't see it wink just that you need a refresh smile

#13 Tue, Dec11 2012 9:08pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

well now that the gallery is up and working I will begin, from January and forth, to close topics from the Mayor samwise section.(not delete, for history reason, but just "close" them)

I encourage you to save or retrieve or get back all the pics you posted there, using the "upload image" section, and delete them by yourself in order to make some "cleanup" of your personal repositories
(I don't ask to erase everything of course!!! only pictures that are meant to be moved from mayor samwise, to the new gallery...  other pictures are meant to remain indeed!)

#14 Wed, Dec26 2012 10:47pm

Ori
Traveller

Done it!

Great tutorial. I think I made no mistakes uploading my images.

I just have one question. The picture of all my subalbumbs is a croped image from the original photo. But I can not select what part of the photo is croped, it is done automatically. And in some cases, a lot of sky is showned with just the tip of the heads of the miniatures. How can I select what to be showned in the albums thumbnails?

#15 Thu, Dec27 2012 10:35am

Milo
The Attic Warden

In admin tutorial, i wrote 1 step about thumbnail crop and selection. Page 18 wink
For choosing default image, either check 1 image in images tab or use combo box in album edition.
For images size, use crop thumbnail in images edition tab

Last edited by Milo (Thu, Dec27 2012 10:42am)

#16 Thu, Dec27 2012 8:32pm

Ori
Traveller

Ummm... sorry Milo but I am like the Ori in the Hobbit movie... you know what I mean.

My problem is not the thumbnail of the picture itshelf, neither to choose a picture to be showned as introduction to a gallery. My problem is that the picture that I choose to be the front of a gallery is cropped atomatically and only shows a third of the whole pic. For example my gallery "on the way to mount doom" or "Merry & Pippin captured by the orcs" shows pictures with a lot of sky and just part of the minis. Once inside the thumbnail of the picture looks ok. It is just the front of the galleries.

#17 Sat, Dec29 2012 5:22pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

that's one of the limitations of the gallery alas sad
the "head pic" of the gallery is automatically cropped to be centered and there is nothing you can do for THIS head picture . that's why  I always choose the best picture possible to be the head pic as not all of them are elligible because of this cropping...

#18 Sat, Dec29 2012 6:30pm

Ori
Traveller

Ok. No problem. I will try to choose another pic.

Thanks

#19 Sat, Dec29 2012 8:26pm

Milo
The Attic Warden

Sorry Master Ori, I did not read your question correctly. Yes, as Master Gildor said, only solution is to choose an image which center focus is on minis instead on surroundings.
By the way, MMP gallery looks great now it is filled with so many mithril fans artworks. big_smile

Board footer