Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Tue, Oct14 2008 2:27pm

Wendy
Slowest Painter Ever
Website

My work

I guess I'll do the same as Jason and have a general topic with my works.  Makes for fewer topics overall, which is a good idea.  Here's my Corsair Admiral and Thorin in war gear.

Click to close

Click to close

Click to close

Click to close

I'll get pics of MV359 up shortly as soon as I can take some decent pics.

Cheers!

Edit:  I changed the pics for what I posted originally.  The extra Corsair is to show I really did paint eyes on him and the second of Thorin to show the axe detail better.  smile

#2 Tue, Oct14 2008 4:06pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Re: My work

Wonderful .... thank you for the pics, Wendy. So I have to repaint my M363 sad
But why not colour just the blade of the axe a bit more silvery-shiny to express that it's well-grinded .... wink
absolutely great paint-job !

#3 Tue, Oct14 2008 4:18pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Great stuff there Wendy, hope to see the Gladden Fields soon.

big_smile

#4 Tue, Oct14 2008 7:45pm

protozeus
Adventurer

Wow! Since years I do not dare to paint anymore, now I know why (again) ... roll

ménin aeíde, theá, beórnou órkeiphágou!

#5 Tue, Oct14 2008 8:06pm

Wendy
Slowest Painter Ever
Website

Thanks protozeus, but do keep painting.  smile

#6 Tue, Oct14 2008 8:10pm

Wendy
Slowest Painter Ever
Website

Here's MV359.  The second pics isn't all that necessary, but I wanted to prove I actually did paint the third guy who you can't see in the first pic. big_smile

I filed off all the raised stuff on the banner and used Tolkien's own cover for ROTK as inspiration for the design.

Click to close

Click to close

I should mention any comments and critiques quite welcome.  Don't worry about hurting my feelings.  As it is, there are things I can see on all of them that need work.  Most notably the leather needs a lot more shading.  I also had to glue Isildur's hand on several times and in the process removed the paint on that wrist (I threw one layer of burnt umber on really quick), but that's why you can see a glint of metal in that area.

#7 Wed, Oct15 2008 5:47am

twrich
The Man in the Dark

Wendy, your skills are awesome!

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those that wander are lost." (Strider, The Fellowship of the Ring)

#8 Wed, Oct15 2008 10:54am

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

hey Wendy, I can only agree to my previous speakers. Fantastic work, but I have to say: as usual !!!
Especially the white tree-icon on the banner is really magnificent. I like that very much and agree to your point of view totally !
Hurry up- slowest painter ever- and show us more of your brilliant work . . .

Last edited by rita.de (Wed, Oct15 2008 10:54am)

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#9 Wed, Oct15 2008 1:31pm

Wendy
Slowest Painter Ever
Website

Thanks guys.  big_smile

#10 Wed, Oct15 2008 1:46pm

jdbrown55
Marshal of the Mark

Wendy, all I can say is, Very Nice! I say this is a most excellent tone! I just don't have the patience or the time to highlight and shade my minis. Keep up the good work and can't wait to see some more of your figures. smile

These are indeed strange days, dreams and legends spring to life out of the grass! - Eomer

#11 Wed, Oct15 2008 5:18pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Great stuff Wendy, and I agree 100% with the comments about the banner, it looks top-notch, and does give good weight to any argument about sculpted details or paint-em on yourself.

Hey Protozeus, never let someone else's painting put you off doing it yourself anymore, if you enjoy painting go for it, it's the enjoyment of painting and giving more life to the figures not the final result that matters wink

#12 Wed, Oct15 2008 6:43pm

protozeus
Adventurer

ddaines wrote:

it's the enjoyment of painting and giving more life to the figures not the final result that matters wink

Yeah, I am constantly telling this to myself, but I am hard to be convinced nowadays. But OK, back to training on ugly GW stuff where the results do not matter. tongue

ménin aeíde, theá, beórnou órkeiphágou!

#13 Sat, Oct18 2008 6:57pm

Kenakko
Dude of Westernesse

Wendy,  The banner looks great and this comes from a guy who can't paint a straight line!:lol:With that kind of skill, I wonder how your figures would look with designs on the clothes and cloaks, etc.?  Also, sometimes a splash of occasional color goes a long way, even for dark evil creatures!  Try some gold or bronze to metal parts like brooches and buckles and things like that.  Your painting has always been good and is continuing to get even better, thanks for sharing!

Board footer