Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Sun, May11 2008 11:35am

erchamion
Adventurer

A sample of my work in painting

Well, as you know me (at least in photo), I now present you something of my work. Sorry for the photos, like others, I am not very good as a photographer roll

Click to close

We started by one of the I like most: the bearded Cirdan

¡Fuera, viejo Tumulario! ¡Desaparece a la luz! ¡Encógete como la niebla fría, llora como el viento en las tierra estériles, más allá de los montes! ¡No regreses aquí! ¡Deja vacío el túmulo! Perdido y olvidado, más sombrío que la sombra, quédate donde las puertas están cerradas para siempre, hasta los tiempos de un mundo mejor. Tom Bombadil LOTR1

#2 Sun, May11 2008 11:51am

erchamion
Adventurer

Re: A sample of my work in painting

Dwarves and more dwarves. Some of my favorite races ...

Click to close

Click to close

¡Fuera, viejo Tumulario! ¡Desaparece a la luz! ¡Encógete como la niebla fría, llora como el viento en las tierra estériles, más allá de los montes! ¡No regreses aquí! ¡Deja vacío el túmulo! Perdido y olvidado, más sombrío que la sombra, quédate donde las puertas están cerradas para siempre, hasta los tiempos de un mundo mejor. Tom Bombadil LOTR1

#3 Sun, May11 2008 11:52am

erchamion
Adventurer

Click to close

Click to close

#4 Sun, May11 2008 11:53am

erchamion
Adventurer

Click to close

Click to close

#5 Sun, May11 2008 11:54am

erchamion
Adventurer

Some of bad guys ....big_smile

Click to close

#6 Sun, May11 2008 11:56am

erchamion
Adventurer

And finally some changes. They are very simple, just have something added to the original ....wink

Click to close

#7 Sun, May11 2008 12:11pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Some nice stuff there Erchamion, please keep them coming - don't worry about the photography it will come eventually.

Perhaps if you do not have a close up facility on your camera you could try taking the photos from a bit further back. I'm still having some problems with a macro facility - the image keeps changing focus so even with that facility I will try and take photos from a greater distance in future.

And welcome to the 'club'.

#8 Sun, May11 2008 12:28pm

hsf62
Master Caster

if you take a tripod and switch of the flashlight the pics might be darker overall, but you don't have the reflection of the light on the minis.

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#9 Sun, May11 2008 2:53pm

jdbrown55
Marshal of the Mark

Nice job Erchamion! smile I like the dwarves too! Gimli has always been my favorite character. big_smile
Keep up the good work!

These are indeed strange days, dreams and legends spring to life out of the grass! - Eomer

#10 Sun, May11 2008 3:14pm

Gavin
Skilled Artisan

Bring the minis outside and find a spot which is illuminated, but isn't in direct sunlight.

Put the camera on a tripod, and use the timer.

Then spend an hour pulling your hair out to get one "pretty good" picture.

#11 Sun, May11 2008 10:07pm

Wendy
Slowest Painter Ever
Website

Gavin wrote:

Bring the minis outside and find a spot which is illuminated, but isn't in direct sunlight.

Put the camera on a tripod, and use the timer.

Then spend an hour pulling your hair out to get one "pretty good" picture.

Ah, sounds like the voice of experience.  smile

Take heart.  It's hard to take a good picture.

#12 Mon, May12 2008 2:58pm

jdbrown55
Marshal of the Mark

Yes, I agree. It works really well in the late afternoon outside. I try to do that when I can, so the pictures come out really good.

These are indeed strange days, dreams and legends spring to life out of the grass! - Eomer

#13 Mon, May12 2008 5:05pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

It took me two hours this afternoon to take some pics and then carrying them to this machine and then I found out that all of those 150 were miserable ... so I deleted them ... and by now I'm about joining my lazy cat in the sun .... alas ... she doesn't mind ...
I will consider to look for that good old Canon A-1 .... there also should be a macro lense FD 100/4.0 and the extension tube FD50 .... found three tripods by now .... no camera ... alas ... I'm afraid you'll need the old software for that ... no CP cards inside ... I wager that d****d machine also is in need of a battery ....
So for now, I simply give up ....

#14 Fri, Aug15 2008 3:12am

Axe99
Master of Photos

Nice minis Erchamion, love those Dwarves!  And as everyone says, the photos will come.  A tripod and a timer is the hey, with a dash of patience and some nice lighting.  I like what you did with your Olog-hai - what's in the bag? wink.

#15 Sat, Aug16 2008 12:19pm

erchamion
Adventurer

I am also glad that you like the dwarves.big_smile
He isn´t a Olog, he is a half troll commander M149. The bag contains the second head of the M145 "the Mouth of Sauron." If we recall, the figure M145 contains two heads (one normal and one with the helmet typical of Númenor). I used one as a trophy of the medium troll. cool
Certainly the bag I made my mother many years ago knitting lol

#16 Mon, Aug18 2008 2:06am

Axe99
Master of Photos

Whoops - I was thinking about whether it was the Olog or the half-troll, but am a bit out of practise with Mithrils at the moment, and have only just started getting back in the zone.  Nice work with the head, that's pretty impressive stuff - although I'm not sure what your Mum would think of it wink.

#17 Sun, Mar10 2013 7:22pm

erchamion
Adventurer

well, twenty years later ...... I have dared to paint it!  winkbig_smile

Click to close

#18 Sun, Mar10 2013 10:38pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Only twenty years!!! I stll hsven't finished mine yet lol.

Nice paint job anyway Erchamion wink. I had always intended to do this Balrog without wings, until the entombed Balrog came along (which I think size-wise is a lot more probable).

Last edited by ddaines (Sun, Mar10 2013 10:39pm)

#19 Sun, Mar10 2013 11:28pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Twenty years . . . ? How old was I then . . . ? What did happen then . . . ?
Anyway- the flames are amazing. Also the sword! And I like also your choice of the brown coulor. Well done.

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#20 Mon, Mar11 2013 7:24am

Milo
The Attic Warden

20 years ...So that means around a week for each teeth ! lol

Well done Master Erchamion. You chose very good color scheme. And I agree flaming is well executed.
My 7 years old son congratulates you also. wink

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#21 Mon, Mar11 2013 8:27am

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

.... you need to slightly increase the painitng acceleration into a "Warp" drive smile

very nice painitnig work Master Erchamion... very nice...  !

Last edited by Thingol (Mon, Mar11 2013 8:28am)

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#22 Mon, Mar11 2013 8:49am

erchamion
Adventurer

Well, I will tell you the story of this figure. In the early nineties I made a trip to Barcelona and I used to go to the shop so longed Juegos sin Fronteras. There I bought it and I liked it so much that I was "afraid" to paint because my technique was not very good. I waited to learn to paint better, I was assembled only figure in my cabinet, until ...... now.

Thanks to a project I have with a few friends (and I will tell you later) I have dared to paint now.

And, yes, of course each of we have a vision of the Balrog (something contaminated, if may say so, since we "saw" in the movies really). Always I had in my mind this character with these colors (red brown).

I'm glad you like it! smile

#23 Wed, Mar13 2013 12:20pm

cameosis
Master of Languages

i like it a lot -- also the color gradient on the sword, a nice break from the usual flame pattern that the majority uses.

Esse quam videri. (Marcus Tullius Cicero)

#24 Wed, Mar13 2013 12:38pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Excellent use of colours, Master Erchamion. And yes, as it was pointed out before, the way you painted the sword really is something special - a brilliant idea.

#25 Wed, Mar13 2013 2:41pm

shadyt
Traveller

I like it!! The sword looks like it is glowing!

Board footer