Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Sat, Nov24 2012 9:21pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

Correct use of the Gallery of Mayor Samwise

This is a general information for everybody...

with years passing I have observed that so many pictures get posted in this forum and then gets diluted in tons of comments, discussions, other pictures in the same thread. Also there are pictures of other than Mithril /C.Tub production being posted here (sometimes as start of the thread sometimes in the process of the discussion)
I opened the breach myself first by posting Andrea Miniatures figurines of my own... thing I should not have done at all.

I intend to CLOSE this section in a year, from now.  In its place I will also completly revamp the Gallery section of the Mithril Faerylands website to allow people to post their own pictures under their own name (with registration like the collector module and the forum) . Those pics will be organised in "sections" (dioramas, singles, rarities, travelling elrond, miscellaneous work not C.Tubb Related) One pic at first, and then only comments for each pics, and a mark system to give points to a pics if you like it a lot...

this way people will be able to post their own pics and we will stop using the forum for that... a Forum is not a gallery...

I will also focus on some aspects of the purpose of the gallery.
The gallery is meant to publish Dioramas and painting works from the universe of MITHRIL and CHRIS TUBB works....
This forum and THIS website is not dedicated to Tolkien figurines in general but for Chris Tubb figurines... these are two different things... (ie. Games Workshop, Andrea do not have their place here... I was too permissive to allow so many of them to be posted here, no matter the quality of the painting or diorama)
In the forthcoming NEW gallery, a "miscellenous" section will allow to post (if you want) other works but clearly flagges as not belonging to Chris Tubb universes...

Therefore I will make the first move by removing my works in the forthcoming days and I encourage other to to the same for some cleanup. Anyway, at some point in the future, we'll have to migrate the pics from there to the gallery so you'll have to backup your pics hmm

NB : I would also mention that the Auction sections and exchange sections are focuses on Chris Tubb items (Prince August, Phaeton, Mithril) and should not involve AT ALL anything from other companies...

Feel free to comment on this or write to me in private if you disagree in any kind I'll be happy to explain the details to you.

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#2 Sun, Nov25 2012 5:29pm

Milo
The Attic Warden

Re: Correct use of the Gallery of Mayor Samwise

This is something terrific you are proposing master Elf. smile
You have all my support. If there is anything I can do to help, feel free to ask.

Still, there are few topics such as Painting tutorial, on going diorama making, painting competitions,... To my point of view, these subjects are usefull as discussions to share point of views, help, and where sometimes we add some pics . So maybe a specific place should be maintained for such subjects ?

Last edited by Milo (Sun, Nov25 2012 5:36pm)

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#3 Sun, Nov25 2012 5:34pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

terrci?  mmhh I don't know that word smile

technical subjects as those you mention, along with helps for diorama buildings and pictures of diorama tools or accessories should remain in this section indeed. THIS will be the place to share such information and discuss them
but the Art Gallery won't be there anymore... it will be a tutorial, design, building gallery and be transformed into this smile

so all the topics you mentioned will remain smile

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#4 Sun, Nov25 2012 5:38pm

Milo
The Attic Warden

Great, that would be very big enhancement!  smile
Oh, and I corrected my word terric: hasty terrific.hmm

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#5 Sun, Nov25 2012 5:49pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

now my next step would be... to convince mister Crawford about his ME2 (totally off topic wink

#6 Sun, Nov25 2012 6:09pm

Sam Wise
Adventurer
Website

... I didn't understand EXACTLY the changes, but I'm sure that it's necessary, if you want to do that ! roll
I apologize me for the Non-Mithril works !
I didn't intend to 'ruin" the spirit of this forum (even if I think that some words were not necessary to comment those works....hmm)

I want to say too that I don't use this forum as a "Own Gallery" and an advertising for my blog which is my own gallery and place for discuss about my work!
If I post pictures here, it's because I think that this Forum is a VERY GOOD place for sharing our works .....
and also, because I like the MITHRIL figures !

You are the Captain, Master Gildor, nothing more to say!

"no fear to fight, no fear to loose, just want to have fun!" (anonymous)
feel free to visit my blog Sam's Minis World

#7 Sun, Nov25 2012 7:17pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

don't be mistaken, gentlemen... the MAIN problem is not to post other companies (though this is quite off topic and other galleries exist for that)  ... no... the main "problem" is that this forum and this community is talented, and there is a great need for gallery support... the community needs it and DESERVES it...
a forum is not the good "toold" to emphasize artistic works it lacks.. visibility,  rating, comment possibilities and organization of pics.. that's why I put this new module mainly!
I hope it will even boost up the gallery activity!

#8 Sat, Dec22 2012 5:35pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

In order to prevent myself to have MORE work than necessary later, I have begun closing every and each thread in this section of the forum.
I won't and will never delete anything indeed but this is to prevent further debate, comments, and feedback here and allow/motivate/promote people to go post AND most of all, rate and comment in the gallery section...

Nothing personnal intended against anybody of course

#9 Fri, Jan3 2014 10:38pm

Arthadan
Traveller

Hello Gentlemen,

I haven't posted here in quite a while and I'd like to make sure I do it right.

Can I post some Prince August miniatures conversions with parts of other manufacturers?

If so, should I upload them to my gallery and then post a link to the Gallery here?

Thanks in advance.

To mortal fields say farewell,
Middle-earth forsaking!
In Elvenhome a clear bell
in the high tower is shaking.

#10 Sat, Jan4 2014 12:53am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

Hi Arthadan, there is a section in the MMP members gallery dedicated to "non-mithril painting works"

this would be the precise place to post your PA miniatures conversions smile

#11 Sat, Jan4 2014 3:45am

Arthadan
Traveller

Thank you Master Elf!

To mortal fields say farewell,
Middle-earth forsaking!
In Elvenhome a clear bell
in the high tower is shaking.

#12 Thu, Aug14 2014 12:23pm

Thanniel
Traveller

Hello fellows!

Although i don't post very often, i wold like to share some of my pictures with you, as i did some time ago (years ago i'm afraid)
Sadly i can't find how to upload pictures to the gallery, once i have registered. Can you please tell me how i must do it?
Thank you very much, and salutations from a deep lost cave...

#13 Thu, Aug14 2014 6:35pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

You are not the only one, Master Thanniel. Forgotten totally everything I simply donĀ“t post pictures . . . sadly . . . neutral

Or you can make it like our dear Mistress sevlag, who post pictures simply in this section, the Art Gallery of Mayor Samwise.
Maybe she forgot it too . . .

Hopefully you find some CAVA in your deep cave . . .  tongue

Last edited by Turambar (Thu, Aug14 2014 6:38pm)

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#14 Fri, Aug15 2014 12:48am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

well there was a tutorial by Milo explaining how it works, here : http://mmp.faerylands.eu/viewtopic.php?id=610

I just checked and it seems to still work

(there are some messages saying I have to update my version... and I will do so, but that's only information and that works anyway)

let me know if there is something you don't understand, or Milo can help too

#15 Fri, Aug15 2014 7:28am

Thanniel
Traveller

Thank you, i will read the tutorial.

Board footer