Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#3976 Fri, Jan31 2014 4:37pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Re: THE TAPROOM 2

rhuôoommm ... well, yes ... Master Barliman ... huom ... though being on a verge is rather more better than facing an abyss, isn't it ... huom ... er, what exactly does the word "impatient" mean ... huom ... is it local Breeish? ... hooomm? ... and yes, what are "valid points" for? .. huom .. how many of them tokens do I need to exchange for a good-well-filled-bowl of clear-clean-honey-coluored-pure clean- but--non-sparkeling liquid ... rhu^0m ... alas ... forget it, I know your answer ... huom ... answers from barkeeps such as you are always predictable ... huoommmmrhu°om ...

#3977 Fri, Jan31 2014 5:33pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

I prefer to think I'm "reliable" rather than "predictable".

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#3978 Fri, Jan31 2014 7:27pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huoommm .... better adjective that is to characterize you, indeed ... huom ... though, as for this matter both adjectives nearly mean the same concerning you ... huom .. or go together well ... rhhûom ... which is "reliably predictable" ... huom ... fits better than the other way round ... "predictably relyable" or so ... rhuommm ... sorry, still learning that Breeish tongue ... huomm ... what I just wanted to say is that this bowl I passed to you, asking to refill, is still lacking of some liquid ... rhuom ... hooom ... what is it that keeps you hesitating to fill it? ... hou°mnn .. of course I could trumpet a nice tune right now, if you want it ... huomm ... though methinks your ears are not well-enough constructed to meet  such nice tune without taking any harm to mind and body ... huoommm ... rhuom ... dear Master Barliman, Sir, would you mind refilling this bowl again, once time allows, please? ... rhuomm ... ah, don't haste ... it's just for me, the tree ... huomm ... and yes, I have plenty of time ... huooommm ...

#3979 Fri, Jan31 2014 9:30pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

...Which means that you shouldn't mind waiting. But never mind, I'll serve your drink in a "yard". That way it'll last you a long time (a little Breeish humour).

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#3980 Fri, Jan31 2014 10:40pm

xenophile
Adventurer

Milo wrote:

Hi Master Xenophile. May I offer you a scrumpy or golden cocktail ? big_smile

Kind indeed. But I prefer the amber nectar, perhaps only with a little water. And spelt without an 'e'. Irish is fine but I concede the Scots folk have the better of us there; especially those from Islay. Slainte.

#3981 Sat, Feb1 2014 12:10am

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

THIS MAN KNOWS OF WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT !!!! Whisky without an "e" and from this island ! Slainte!

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#3982 Sat, Feb1 2014 7:12am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

It's all a matter of taste. Irish whiskey tastes better than the misspelt stuff.....according to my tongue. Other people may think otherwise, but that's fine too. It would be a very dull, monotonous world if we all liked and disliked the same things.

#3983 Sat, Feb1 2014 8:25am

Milo
The Attic Warden

I guess Master Troll lawyer may have onther opinion knowing Japaneese Whisk... wink

Last edited by Milo (Sat, Feb1 2014 8:32am)

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#3984 Sat, Feb1 2014 8:36am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Yes, Japanese whisky is useful stuff. I use it to get the stains out of the floorboards and to clean the lavatories.

#3985 Sat, Feb1 2014 1:58pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huoommm ... Master Barliman, drinks served in a yard are always welcome ... huommm ... better than have them served in the yard, you know ... huom ... thanks for that .... huomm ... as for cleaning the floorboards well, have you ever tried to use that Bourbon-stuff? ... huom ... works very well ...

#3986 Sat, Feb1 2014 3:21pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Thanks for the advice. I always wondered what it was for.

#3987 Sun, Feb2 2014 11:21pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

But don´t mix them, Master Barliman!
You get green bubbles with pink scum . . .

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#3988 Mon, Feb3 2014 8:00am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Sounds like the sort of mixture they used to coat Mithril figures a couple of years ago...

#3989 Thu, Feb6 2014 5:08pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

I hadn't realised till the newsletter came that Bandobras and the Rohan captain were the latest Fellowship winners - well done, Shadyt and Mornedhel. Two great suggestions.

Also, though they're not to my personal tastes as LOTR figures, I have to say that the two Haradrim musicians revealed in the newsletter look to be extremely well imagined and sculpted figures. Great work by The Man.

#3990 Thu, Feb6 2014 5:27pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huoommm ... yes, congrats Masters Shadyt and Mornedhel ... huom ... I'm glad you like the musicians, Master Barliman, and I'm more than glad to have been able to convince The Man to sculpt TWO musicians ... rhûoommm ...

#3991 Thu, Feb6 2014 6:37pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

I also like those two musicians... great idea... but I hope soon figures will be on sale.. last MS figure was out 20th of september
sad

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#3992 Thu, Feb6 2014 7:10pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Yes, it's been a while, hasn't it?

#3993 Thu, Feb6 2014 7:20pm

erchamion
Adventurer

Master Quendil and I have gotten a little "pressure" to Michael in the forum to know new news about a possible new serie-M. We all know what can be the answer, but I think It´s good "sound out" a little to the company ......

¡Fuera, viejo Tumulario! ¡Desaparece a la luz! ¡Encógete como la niebla fría, llora como el viento en las tierra estériles, más allá de los montes! ¡No regreses aquí! ¡Deja vacío el túmulo! Perdido y olvidado, más sombrío que la sombra, quédate donde las puertas están cerradas para siempre, hasta los tiempos de un mundo mejor. Tom Bombadil LOTR1

#3994 Thu, Feb6 2014 9:40pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

I have posted this in The Vaults thread, but not a very convincing answer..... hmm

We don't have the masters or the moulds. That is why.

Read more: http://mithrilfigures.proboards.com/thr … z2sZaKfo3K

#3995 Fri, Feb7 2014 8:51am

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

I think it was very much farsighted by Master Theobald to suggest TWO musicians.
To be honest: only ONE, what what that have been . . .
Also it was possible for him to convince The Man about the same matter.
So after more than one year there gets some movement in the Harad scene . . .

#3996 Fri, Feb7 2014 3:31pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huoommm ... just for the records ... huom ... I did not suggest two musicians as it was a "single-figure month" in November 2012 ... rhuuôm ... alas, some short time ago that was, wasn't it? ... huommm ... see, the problem was playing a melody for the bellydancer ... huooommm ... for a basic piece of music you need a bass and a melody, right? ... rhuomhuom ... so that's why I asked The Man to consider this ... huoomm ... and now I am very much pleased with the final result and also so much grateful that he took his time to sculpt two musicians ... rhûomhuommmm ... so in the end we'll have a small hand-drum and a long-necked oud ... huomm ... and that's all there is about this matter .... hoooommmmtidommmm

#3997 Sun, Feb9 2014 6:25am

twrich
The Man in the Dark

It seems we may have some female Orcs in the Pony, starting new threads. Don't trust the links!

Does anyone besides our good Elf have the ability to block these Orcs?

Last edited by twrich (Sun, Feb9 2014 6:26am)

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those that wander are lost." (Strider, The Fellowship of the Ring)

#3998 Sun, Feb9 2014 8:14am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Thanks for the heads-up. I've purged the two in the Pony.

THINKING OF OUR ELF, I'M SURE THAT HE WOULD PROBABLY BE BECOMING CONCERNED ABOUT THE SIZE OF THE PONY BY NOW, IF HE WERE HERE, SO I'M SHUTTING DOWN THIS TAPROOM AND OPENING ANOTHER TO REPLACE IT - PLEASE VISIT 'THE TAPROOM 3' FROM NOW ON.

I SHALL BE NAILING THE DOORS OF THE TAPROOM 2 SHUT VERY SOON, SO MAKE SURE YOU VACATE THE PREMISES BEFORE I DO!!

Board footer