Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Sun, Feb9 2014 8:16am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

THE TAPROOM 3

.....And here we are. Don't worry about the cobwebs - I'll get Nob to have a dust around when he wakes up. We haven't used this corner of the Pony in an age (I think it was the Second Age...).

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#2 Sun, Feb9 2014 8:33am

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Re: THE TAPROOM 3

You must have been up early to get the place sorted!!! big_smile

Are you serving breakfast yet?

#3 Sun, Feb9 2014 8:33am

sevlag
Collector
Website

TOK, TOK,!!
Can I enter in your new tavern, Master Barliman ? tongue

#4 Sun, Feb9 2014 8:34am

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

sevlag wrote:

TOK, TOK,!!
Can I enter in your new tavern, Master Barliman ? tongue

We must have been typing at the same time Mistress Sevlag as we both appear  to have arrived together lol

#5 Sun, Feb9 2014 8:37am

sevlag
Collector
Website

Yes, Master David
Perhaps we can take our breakfast together?wink

#6 Sun, Feb9 2014 8:45am

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

sevlag wrote:

Yes, Master David
Perhaps we can take our breakfast together?wink

Indeed, why not, where's the Barkeep big_smile

#7 Sun, Feb9 2014 9:00am

sevlag
Collector
Website

Our innkeeper has perhaps not have time to relocate everything!

#8 Sun, Feb9 2014 9:17am

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

I like the new curtains that you hang around master innkeeper... the window look better, cleaner and lighter... this could be a problem for out Man in the Dark... but also for a many orcs which are bred around.... they urgently need to be eliminated. Otherwise, they could swarm to the inn and make a mess....

Any way good morning to all and cheers ! One hobbit tea, please master Barliman...

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#9 Sun, Feb9 2014 9:55am

erchamion
Adventurer

Looks nice this new corner. Would I suggest something in the decor? Some skeleton decorating the wall could attract more customers around here, a little southwest ....
(Barli, you could also invite breakfast today to celebrate the new corner)

¡Fuera, viejo Tumulario! ¡Desaparece a la luz! ¡Encógete como la niebla fría, llora como el viento en las tierra estériles, más allá de los montes! ¡No regreses aquí! ¡Deja vacío el túmulo! Perdido y olvidado, más sombrío que la sombra, quédate donde las puertas están cerradas para siempre, hasta los tiempos de un mundo mejor. Tom Bombadil LOTR1

#10 Sun, Feb9 2014 11:20am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Actually, a skeleton in the corner would probably be good company for the Ranger who usually lurks there.

In fact, I'm not sure I checked his corner had been vacated before I locked the old taproom. I'd better go and check that he's not still there. (I've painted a corner of the new taproom black just to suit him.)

I also need to get the Ent to bring the wargskin rugs from the old taproom - he's the only one with the courage to face them these days.

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#11 Sun, Feb9 2014 2:51pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huooommm ... why is it always me ... rhuom ... Master Barliman, I cannot haste each and everything, you know ... rhû0m ... but as for them trodden-smelly-furry-slightly-snarling-wargskin-doormats, of course I took them over here ... rhuo0m ... though ... I wonder if I should give them a nice brush to better fit into these new premises ... huooommm ... and yes, as for The Man in the Dark I moved him too lately ... rhûom er domm ... he didn't mind, as he once again was asleep ... hom ... I'm sure he'll comment on his newly-painted dark corner once he wakes up ... rhuooom ... hom ... then, Master Barliman, you seem to have forgotten some of those bar-tap-things in the old room ... huom ... so I think you don't need them any more and already put them in the hearth to light the logs ... hoomm ... just to make this new place a bit more cosy, you know ... huommm ...

#12 Sun, Feb9 2014 2:59pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

You're obviously a very shrewd and devious tree, Master Ent. Still, I suppose if you live an age or two you learn a few useful tricks.

Thanks for bringing the rugs (and the Ranger) - I'm sure they'll all settle in nicely once the new room has collected some of the aroma of spilled beer and muddy floorboards ro make it feel more like home.

#13 Sun, Feb9 2014 3:44pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huoommm ... thank you, Master Barliman ... huom ... but just tell me, is that tab providing the honey-coloured-non-sparkeling-watery-though-tasteful-and-enjoyable-highly-recommended-liquid working already? ... huom ... so, if you don't mind ... please ... huom ... I even did not forget to take my good-old-well-curved-drinking-bowl here ... rhû0omm ... if you guess what I mean .. huom tidommm ...
"shrewd" and "devious" you said? ... huom ... alas, I don't really know which of the possible ambiguities that could be implied in those words match the Breeish tongue best ... hooommm ... anyway, sounds nice, Master Barliman, so I better take it as a compliment ... huôm ...

#14 Tue, Feb11 2014 9:01am

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Good morning, Master B.
If the breakfast quality is as high as in the room 2 than I would like to order it.
Maybe you can serve some flowers too . . . no, not for eating . . .

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#15 Tue, Feb11 2014 4:52pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huooommmm ... it just came to my mind that the service in these new premises could be ... er ... slightly improved, right Master Turambar? ... hûom ... by now I have been waiting for a well-filled bowl since last night ... rhuom ... which is not a long time for trees, you know ... huooommm ... so you're still waiting for the breakfast you ordered this morning? .... ah, yes ... that's different, of course ... huom ... so this just gives me the impression that our dear barkeep not only chose to move the taproom, but also decided to take over those strange merchandising habits of two comanies we well know ... huom ... in the end that could mean half a bowl of my beloved liquid (which of course cannot be topped up) only every two or three months in extreme ... horhuomm ... having a breakfast, of course is a very different matter ... gru^0omhuom ... maybe twice a year? ...
well, I'll wait awhile, as I'm used to it and do know that hasting things is a very difficult matter indeed ... rhuommm ...

#16 Tue, Feb11 2014 5:00pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Sorry, had several "real" crises to deal with that were more urgent than virtual breakfasts. Normal service will be resumed as soon as feasible.

#17 Wed, Feb12 2014 9:01am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huoommm .... so wishing you all the best, Master Barliman ... huom

#18 Wed, Feb12 2014 9:25pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Barliman wrote:

Sorry, had several "real" crises to deal with that were more urgent than virtual breakfasts. Normal service will be resumed as soon as feasible.

.... hm... I hope nothing's bad... I can not imagine this place without a good hobbit breakfast...

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#19 Fri, Feb14 2014 9:52am

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Having a breakfast here seems to be a little bit complicated.
Maybe it has something to do with this new room. Master Barliman, it is ROOM 3 where you have to serve it . . .
Yes, I want to order it!

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#20 Fri, Feb14 2014 1:53pm

Milo
The Attic Warden

What about Scrumpy ? big_smile

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#21 Fri, Feb14 2014 2:20pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Scrumpy isn´t served here either. Maybe we should take over: SELFSERVICE !

But, listen. The last time if I went downstairs looking for the CELLAR, I confused the doors and found myself inside the DUNGEON.
No liquids, but strange other things . . .

#22 Fri, Feb14 2014 5:37pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huuooooommmm .... no self-service at all, ladies and gentlemen ... rhU°mmm ... no ... not at all ... huomm ... you might have witnessed that our dear barkeep is very much busy with "real life" in case you have read his latest entry... huoommm ... so I think it's better I take over here for a while, before you rascals ruin and plunder the new taproom .... rhu^0m ... I did that once, some time ago when Master Barliman was absent .... rhuoohuom ... you might remember ... gruooômm ... with this I have to put myself in charge of running this new Taproom 3 for a while .... Hom ! ...
... huom ... so, first orders for breakfast tomorrow morning will not be accepted before 10 o'clock ... mind, please ... huom ... any orders tonight will be served tomorrow night ... huom ... you know I cannot haste, dear customers and regulars ...  hom ... I'll do what I can in Master Barliman's absence ... huom ... thank you for accepting this ...

#23 Sat, Feb15 2014 12:35pm

Milo
The Attic Warden

Hi Master Ent!smile
I feel a cup of tea & some good biscuits can warn me while I try to dry my feet near the fire place.

So wet this month....sad

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#24 Sat, Feb15 2014 5:33pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huoommm ... ah, there's a regular ordering ... rhuomm ... huomm ? biscuits? ... well, Master Milo I found some biscuits I saved in taproom 2, you remember the left-overs from Yuletide ... huomm ... er, not very much crunchy any more, you know ... but as biscuits are not very often ordered in The Pony they're all I can serve you ... huomm ... mind please, that some people think that wine becomes better after some ages ... huooomm ... I think it'll be the same with biscuits ... rhu°om ... ah yes, cup of tea you said ... rhuom ... just a moment, please ... hoooom? ... alas, there's no cup behind the bar, so I think a mug will do, right? ... hom ... tea? ... yes, I know, that's the watery-honey-coloured liquid ... huom ... I have it here in one of the tabs ... huomm ... so you'll have a fresh draught honey-coloured-tea-thing liquid served by a treeish (not Breeish) master-barkeep in charge ... huom?
as for warmth you found the hearth to warm your fuzzy feet ... hom ... right, if  you want a warm tea-ish-honey-coloured liquid I advise to place the mug next to your feet and wait awhile ... rhuoomm ...
Hah, that's what we Ents call perfect service ... rhuôm ...

#25 Sun, Feb16 2014 6:55am

hsf62
Master Caster

What about a nice cool scrumpy Master Ent! How long will that take? tongue

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

Board footer