Announcement

#26 Sun, Feb16 2014 9:28am

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Re: THE TAPROOM 3

hsf62 wrote:

What about a nice cool scrumpy Master Ent! How long will that take? tongue

..... it has enough in stock. Just take a look deeper into the barrel which is located in the dust behind the bar.... smile today is scrumpy on self-service smile

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#27 Sun, Feb16 2014 11:22am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huoommm ... ah, glad to have you around here again, Master Hsf62 .... huom ... a cool scrumpy can be served immediately ... huom .... hoom ... it's warm down under, isn't it? ... huooommm ... so you get an extra-chilled scrumpy ... cheers ...

#28 Sun, Feb16 2014 11:24am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

ah, no !! Master Thingol ... rhuômm .... no self-service, now often do I have to tell you? ... huoomm ...

#29 Mon, Feb17 2014 12:33am

hsf62
Master Caster

Thanks Master Ent for the fast service! Yes it is pretty warm down here. A little bit to warm right now.... I guess I need another extra-chilled scrumpy. Cheers! tongue

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#30 Mon, Feb17 2014 7:56am

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Theobald wrote:

ah, no !! Master Thingol ... rhuômm .... no self-service, now often do I have to tell you? ... huoomm ...

Then my dear rooted friend, one tea please... I like this temporarily innkeeper's replacement...
I feel that in the inn is now a little more present "touch of nature" smile

#31 Mon, Feb17 2014 10:18am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huommm ... thank you, Master Thingol, any compliment is welcome ... rhuoomm ... so, a cup of tea then, or better a pot ... hom ... two more extra-chilled scrumpies for Master Hsf62 ... huomrhuom ... anything else?

#32 Tue, Feb18 2014 11:58am

hsf62
Master Caster

Thats what I call a great service! Thank you Master Ent! I order one and get two scrumpies. You know for sure how to keep customers and barkeep happy at the same time...lol

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#33 Wed, Feb19 2014 5:51am

twrich
The Man in the Dark

Yawn!!  OK, I am awake now. I think I remember Master Barkeep moving me to this new addition to the Pony a few days ago, very nice corner he put me in!!

Master Tree, if you have a minute I would like an ale. C'mon Nob, you slowcoach, please help Master Ent with the service!

But where is Master Barli? I hope he is well!

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those that wander are lost." (Strider, The Fellowship of the Ring)

#34 Wed, Feb19 2014 2:15pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Indeed, indeed.
Hopefully he has not mixed those different whisk-e-ys from what country however together and drank it . . . 
That would have been a mistake!

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#35 Wed, Feb19 2014 3:31pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huoommm ... alright then, a large ale and some weed for The Man in the Dark ... rhuom ... unfortunately I also haven't heard from our dear barkeep since he recently left the Pony ... rhûoooômmm ... and I also hope he's well ... huom ...
Master Turambar, I think mixing those different liquids would not have caused such a long absence here ... huom ... mind that Master Barliman is used to the scrumpy he sells ... hom ... which is worse to cope with than having a blended whisky ... huoom .

er, looking to the left I see a nice number ... huom ... so I would like to offer one free wee dram for everybody around here ... huom ...

#36 Wed, Feb19 2014 4:52pm

erchamion
Adventurer

Free? Do I hear the word "free" here?........ Strange things happen at the Pony since Barli was absent .... I will use as kind offer..... big_smile

¡Fuera, viejo Tumulario! ¡Desaparece a la luz! ¡Encógete como la niebla fría, llora como el viento en las tierra estériles, más allá de los montes! ¡No regreses aquí! ¡Deja vacío el túmulo! Perdido y olvidado, más sombrío que la sombra, quédate donde las puertas están cerradas para siempre, hasta los tiempos de un mundo mejor. Tom Bombadil LOTR1

#37 Wed, Feb19 2014 5:14pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Sorry, everyone - I overslept. But I was rudely awoken by the sound of someone using the forbidden word "Free" in the Pony. Hasn't been heard here for an Age! (I've even forgotten what it means.)

Thank you to the Tree, as ever, for keeping the place tidy and functioning while I slumbered.

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#38 Thu, Feb20 2014 1:34pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huoommm .... ah, it's good to have you around here again, Master Barliman ... rhuomm ... especially because I'm not used to hard work, you know ... huomrhuom ... so now I can take my time to rest a bit among the trees outside ... hom

#39 Thu, Feb20 2014 2:58pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Aber nicht das du da draussen Wurzeln schlaegst..... otherwise its to hard to get back in here...lol Sorry, couldn't help myself! big_smile

#40 Thu, Feb20 2014 3:09pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Master Barliman welcome back and I hope you don't awake again to this nasty word "free". A extra chilled scrumpy for myself and one bowl of this funny stuff for our Master Ent please.

#41 Thu, Feb20 2014 3:20pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Extra chilled? I assume it's warm there. Not so warm here, though at least the wind and rain have both lightened today.

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#42 Sat, Feb22 2014 7:33am

Milo
The Attic Warden

Hi Master Barliman !
I'm glad your back. Master Ent did your job perfectly (Thanks a lot Theobald, by the way).

I feel it's time for muffins, eggs, bacon, tea, pancakes, potatoes, mushroom, saussages....3rd breakfast !tongue

Last edited by Milo (Sat, Feb22 2014 8:45am)

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#43 Sat, Feb22 2014 8:19am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

So do I! I'll have the eggs poached, please.

#44 Sat, Feb22 2014 11:43am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huoo°ûooommm ... ??? ... er, I'm afraid something's going wrong here ... huom? ... Master Barliman, you can't be serious with that order .... huomrhûom ... alas, alright ... poached eggs won't be the problem, not at all ... huom ... Master Milo, there are no muffins along with the breakfast menue, as well as pancakes, what about toast and marmelade or jam? ... rhuom ... no mushrooms this time of year ... potatoes are only served at dinner-time ... rhuom ... I'm sorry, but those greasy sausages are out ... rhuom ... instead I could help out with freshly-fried black pudding ... huom ... so that is poached eggs, bacon, well-fried black pudding and beans, of course, toast and strawberry jam, and some tea-coloured liquid, fresh from the tab ... huom ...

er, huoom ...how does it feel, Master Barliman, enjoying the Pony from a differnt point of view in front of the bar ... ? ... I'm just doing this to get you back behind the bar (mind I didn't add an "s" to the last word) .... rhuoommm ... something's wrong here ...

#45 Sat, Feb22 2014 11:54am

Milo
The Attic Warden

All right then, I will eat what's on the menu. cool

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#46 Sat, Feb22 2014 2:23pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

It's a very nice view from this side of the counter, Master Tree. I think I may stay here for a while. I'll have another pint of scrumpy while you're dithering there.

#47 Sat, Feb22 2014 4:47pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huoomm ... er, mind please that you're on the wrong side of the counter, Master Barliman ... huomm .. anyway, it always gives a new perspective of your surroundings once you move about ... rhuoomm ... let's say about 7 feet ... hom ... and dithering I am not at all ... huomm .. I just came in again to help out, as I witnessed that it was YOU ordering ... huom ... though strange that is ... huo^00m ... so a pint of scrumpy that is ... er, with or without spicy rat-tails, Master Barliman? ... huomm ... sorry ... I just gave away those rat-tails to Nob, who's been sleeping in the kitchen for about two weeks and hungry he was ... huomm ... so that's a clear-clean-non-rat-tailed-lovely-and-honey-coloured-yellowish- liquid-thing fresh from the tab .... rhuommm ... ? .... ah, yes, Sir I'll top it up, of course ... huomm ... rhûom .... something's wrong here, isn't it  ... I just wonder what it is ...

#48 Sat, Feb22 2014 8:25pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Yes, I like mine with rat's tails, please; they give a drink a bit of a body (giving it a whole body would be weird).And don't worry about being on the wrong side of the counter - it suits you. You give the place a much-needed air of quality. And never fear - I'm not jealous at all.

....Er, top my glass up, please, while you're there. Thank you.

#49 Sat, Feb22 2014 9:03pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huomm .. done

#50 Sun, Feb23 2014 9:30am

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Hoummmmm I see we still have new barkeeper here.... counter is full of people from all parts of Middle earth but now form our forum... many new orcs and goblins are on the MMP user list... We cannot wait to order our favorites meals and drinks... please dear rooted bartender do not serve drinks to this outlanders and Invite a few of your Ents, to chase them out... Master Gildor is long absent form here... I hope he and his family are fine..

And please one hobbit tea form me dear friend...

Board footer