Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#51 Sun, Feb23 2014 9:33am

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Re: THE TAPROOM 3

Will it work again the Master Barliman or he is retired... human life deserves to retire after a long work...... nor Nob a long time I did not see here....

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#52 Sun, Feb23 2014 2:56pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huoommm ... retired? Master Barliman? ... huomm ... no, not at all, Master Thingol ... rhûom ... he lately experienced that taking a nap in the room behind the bar in the afternoon is good for his health ... rhuôommm ... that means he's present, though you cannot see him ... huom ... but if it's silent in here, you can hear him, of course ... rhuommtidomm ... hom ...
Master Thingol, you complained about orcs in here ... rhuom ... there are none I can see, as our Ranger always takes care ... rhuom? ... er, well, somtimes you have to nip him a bit as he also likes to take a nap from time to time ... huom ...
alas, your Hobbit-Tee, I nearly forgot ... rhuom ... there it is, should I top it up, Sir? ... huom?

#53 Mon, Feb24 2014 1:37pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

Hello there everybody... it's been a long time since I last visited the poney (though I weekly clean the orcs from those lands...)

I wish I had more time to spend but alas things grow worse and worse for me....

I'm in the process of moving again... found a sweet house but it cost both my family and myself all our savings.... mithril collecting is over for me, for at least a decade.
though I insist on keeping all m ycollection and still buying new releases (provided there are any.... which is not really the case, lately...)

I'm still around but I simply have no time left to participate... I am really sorry.... I won't be able to update or make new cool stuff for the MMP community for at least one year or two sad

(I'll keep hosting it and making it run of course)

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#54 Mon, Feb24 2014 1:52pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

And we're all grateful for your commitment to the site, Master Gildor! I hope the move and other such real-life issues continue to go well for you in the meantime.

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#55 Mon, Feb24 2014 2:09pm

Milo
The Attic Warden

Hi Master Gildor,

Having new house means a lot to do, and I know very well what you are facing.
As Master Barliman wrote, I hope everything is well for you and familly, especially health.
Please send my greetings to Kids and our dear Lady spider.

By the way, if you need a back-up for keeping MMP up-to-date, just let me know.

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#56 Mon, Feb24 2014 3:23pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huoomm ... thank you Master Gildor for calling in here and not having forgotten this lazy bunch of us ... huom ... I just want to underline what Master Barliman just said ... huom ... so wishing you and yours all the very best and thank you for taking care of this, your website despite all the inconveniences you have to face at the moment ... rhuômmm ... soon there'll be better times, I'm sure hom ...

#57 Mon, Feb24 2014 5:48pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

Thank you for your kind words gentlemen smile

well Milo, any help would be appreciated indeed, I'd have to show you how to access it (and also provide you some credentials to do so)

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#58 Mon, Feb24 2014 6:09pm

Milo
The Attic Warden

OK Master Gildor,

Before talking about MMP technical items, I feel we shall have a scrumpy with Master Barliman and all his great fellows.
I do not remember I could share such drink with everyone around since ages... tongue

#59 Mon, Feb24 2014 8:29pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Sharing drinks? No, I prefer drinking whole pints each time. I get more intoxicated more quickly that way.

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#60 Tue, Feb25 2014 7:12am

Milo
The Attic Warden

lol
Of course I meant sharing friendship! My pint is already empty...

#61 Tue, Feb25 2014 8:50am

Mornedhel
Traveller

Moving has always been a lot of fun, you find out some lost treasure still in boxes from former move.

#62 Tue, Feb25 2014 9:34am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Perhaps I should move too! I've lost track of all sorts of things in my workshop at the moment....

#63 Tue, Feb25 2014 2:08pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Good luck Gildor, sounds like a major event in the life of you and yours, I hope all goes well and the impact on your hobby is not quite as bad as you fear wink.

David

#64 Wed, Feb26 2014 5:16am

twrich
The Man in the Dark

Best Wishes, Gildor. I hope we still hear from you on occasion. Do not hesitate to ask for donations to pay for the site!

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those that wander are lost." (Strider, The Fellowship of the Ring)

#65 Fri, Feb28 2014 8:18am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Came across an interesting Jack Scruby figure on eBay yesterday - I've never seen this figure before, and wondered if anyone here knows its history, and whether it was part of a wider LOTR range? —

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Large-Tree-ENT- … 4ad0f02e35

#66 Fri, Feb28 2014 10:20am

erchamion
Adventurer

Curious figure. I had not seen before.This Ent is quite different than usual. It is a human figure. Seems to wear a sweater "tree trunk" (look at the sleeves) ...... roll

On the other hand, I'm happy. I've got an old catalog of ´Juegos Sin Fronteras` (antique store Mithril-dealer in Barcelona). Contains curious sheets with old images of the first series-Mithril (and other old brands). As soon as I receive it, I will best ones ...... smile

Click to close

P.D. By the way, good luck on your new "project", Master Gildor! wink smile

Last edited by erchamion (Fri, Feb28 2014 10:23am)

¡Fuera, viejo Tumulario! ¡Desaparece a la luz! ¡Encógete como la niebla fría, llora como el viento en las tierra estériles, más allá de los montes! ¡No regreses aquí! ¡Deja vacío el túmulo! Perdido y olvidado, más sombrío que la sombra, quédate donde las puertas están cerradas para siempre, hasta los tiempos de un mundo mejor. Tom Bombadil LOTR1

#67 Fri, Feb28 2014 1:13pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Nice find, Master Erchamion. Looking forward to a fuller report from you in due course.

#68 Sat, Mar1 2014 6:12pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Our dear Mr. Tree, today wrote another year in the history of his personal new years. I wish him all the best for his birthday... cheers dear friend ! Hoummmmm smile

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#69 Sat, Mar1 2014 7:35pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Yes indeed, very best wishes to our resid-Ent tree, and many bright green leaves

#70 Sat, Mar1 2014 8:26pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Very many happy returns big_smile

#71 Sat, Mar1 2014 8:51pm

erchamion
Adventurer

Another year? How quickly the years pass! Follow what you adding "rings" to your trunk! ..... big_smile

¡Fuera, viejo Tumulario! ¡Desaparece a la luz! ¡Encógete como la niebla fría, llora como el viento en las tierra estériles, más allá de los montes! ¡No regreses aquí! ¡Deja vacío el túmulo! Perdido y olvidado, más sombrío que la sombra, quédate donde las puertas están cerradas para siempre, hasta los tiempos de un mundo mejor. Tom Bombadil LOTR1

#72 Sun, Mar2 2014 1:03am

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Our dear Master Tree deserves a very cheerful : HAPPY BIRTHDAY !
Though I have really a fine contact "in private" I will NOT miss the opportunity here, inside the pony.

What? Having a drink on his toast, of course . . .

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#73 Sun, Mar2 2014 1:40am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huoommm ... er ... thank you all so much ... rhûom ... free drinks of course, Master Barliman, for anybody still aroung here ... huoom ...until tomorrow morning ... huom ... which is now ... huoommm ... besides, birthdays don't mean anything for trees ... huomm ... they just happen from time to time ... huomm ... wishing all of you well ... RH°Om<--- ti domm - kloppediklopp ...

#74 Sun, Mar2 2014 4:54am

twrich
The Man in the Dark

Happy Birthday Master Ent, may your roots grow deep and your leaves always shine and you never be thirsty . . . . speaking of which, Master Barkeep, another large bowl of the liquid he likes so much, please. Here are the coiny things!

Last edited by twrich (Sun, Mar2 2014 4:54am)

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those that wander are lost." (Strider, The Fellowship of the Ring)

#75 Sun, Mar2 2014 8:09am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

What's this - a pile of money on the bar? The fairies must have been during the night!

Board footer