Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#51 Sun, Apr21 2013 3:30pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Re: Mithril and the Fellowships Chronology

Once again you did a good job, Master Gildor. Thank you. No need to excuse, and as for our purses we'll see. Maybe I could get some more coiny-things if I asked Master Barliman for regularly cleaning those wargskin-doormats ... though, I'm not sure about any success.

#52 Sun, Apr21 2013 3:54pm

Milo
The Attic Warden

Thanks Gildor, I just updated my MMP collector Database.
If you need help for such updates in the future, I can help if requested. wink

Last edited by Milo (Sun, Apr21 2013 3:58pm)

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#53 Mon, Apr22 2013 6:46am

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Gildor Inglorion wrote:

It's been a while since I had any activity on this community , both forums, database, functionnalities... and I apologize sad  I have so many matters to attend at the moment and the twins are not born yet sad

I know that in some months many new figurines will see the light of day both from Mithril and from Phaeton and that may be quite problematic for everybody's purse but at last there'll be matter at hand...

Thanks for all Master Gildor, with your twins time your free time will be much more valuable. And we will need to know to appreciate it more.

And about many of new Mithril and Phaeton figures.... uf, puf pant... smile that's all....

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#54 Thu, Jul4 2013 1:10pm

shadyt
Traveller

I think that this is now the only place to see a list of upcoming releases.

#55 Thu, Jul4 2013 5:58pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

which makes my work even more complicated as I have to hunt down info if I am "late"

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#56 Mon, Sep2 2013 10:43pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

just updated the GF chronology  (first post)... but I observe that Mithril is quite late in their release and unless they release two or three figurines per month.... for quite some months it will be hard to get back on their schedule...
9 figurines late.... that's not often...

and in any ways, it will be hard for our wallets hmm

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#57 Tue, Sep3 2013 6:38am

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

This year I bought so far never less figurines ever..... but it seems that this fact will soon change it.....

#58 Fri, Sep20 2013 8:32pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

updated the chronology, including some info Chris provided me about the work in progress... We can see that, on the sculpting part, Chris is almost up to date and that also means Mithril should release future releases regularly, maybe two each month for a couple of months...

well I also took the time to complete the database, at last it is up to date and even took some advance : complete until MS593  (and PM6 has been added too)

#59 Sat, Sep21 2013 11:52am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Thank you again, Gildor, for taking your time to update the chronology again. - Though, as for the pic of the "Destroyer"-Vignette you used a pic which reveils the vignette as it was taken by The Man in a state before being casted. You will see what I mean when you have a closer look at "Thor's" right arm.
And yes, indeed, I'm also looking forward to the future Phaeton-Design releases as I can clearly guess what they will be. And of course The Man's current project he's working on at the moment seems to be very promising and interesting. - Sorry, I'm just in a mood  to tease a bit.

#60 Sat, Sep21 2013 12:10pm

Milo
The Attic Warden

Merci Christophe
Click to close

I udpated my collector Database. I own 1111 minis big_smile

Last edited by Milo (Sat, Sep21 2013 12:15pm)

#61 Sat, Sep21 2013 12:43pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

10 out of ten is a great compliment, Master Milo. I can very well agree with that.
Though ... I just had a look at the database again. There I read that Thor is using a mace, which is incorrect. It's a hammer. In northern mythology Thor always used a hammer to strike down the flashes of lightning onto the world. We know Thor here as Donar. And besides, I'm sure that Master Tolkien was very much aware of those northern mythologies, as he took that as one of his sources for creating his fantastic world.

#62 Sat, Sep21 2013 4:51pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

Theobald: there is no hammer in the list of weapons for the database as mace is intended to fit all kinds of "blunt weapons" (you won't see hammer in the list and no mithril figurine with an "actual" hammer, have it written hammer but mace in its place... Still I perfectly know it is a hammer, it's just a technical limitation... smile

that's something I should change for all the database and not the PM6 only sad  (the same is true for "pike" being used for all kinds of spear/pike/javelin weapon....)

as for the pic, that's the only official pic i have, the left hand is indeed different but thats the official pic provided by Chris and the same one used on the Phaeton site sad

#63 Sat, Sep21 2013 7:42pm

Milo
The Attic Warden

I just realised that sepcial "Female Sylvan Elf Herbalist" should come as MS600.
Very special release for celebrating 6th hundred !

#64 Sat, Sep21 2013 8:08pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

MS600... Mithril should give this figure to mrs. luthien4tinuvielle for free !

I hope soon we will also have free bonus figure.....

Last edited by Thingol (Sat, Sep21 2013 8:10pm)

#65 Sun, Sep22 2013 4:30am

twrich
The Man in the Dark

Well, #600 might be reserved for a special (not that MS isn't special) figure . . . Or it might not. . . .

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those that wander are lost." (Strider, The Fellowship of the Ring)

#66 Mon, Dec23 2013 12:33am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

I just updated the chronology and saw something quite odd/funny along with another thing quite pessimistic

1) the 100th suggestion of the Gold Fellowship is... the Old woman feeding chicken.... maybe it is an omen of a good sign of humility... I found it ironic

2) Mithril is currently VERY late in releasing figurines... they are almost ONE FULL YEAR late (we are still waiting for march 2013 and november 2012 even, which won't be ready until at least January 2014)

#67 Mon, Dec23 2013 7:51am

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

1) the irony is only sometimes healthy smile 100th suggestion should be something more attractive....
2) no comment smile any more....

#68 Mon, Dec23 2013 2:23pm

shadyt
Traveller

It looks like the Christmas figure is not updated yet.

#69 Tue, Dec24 2013 12:58am

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

This is because of the delay, Master shady T.
The company isnĀ“t able to ship a single figure in time knowing about the special circumstances nearly 12 months before,
and our dear Master elf is just conforming this . . .   smile

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#70 Tue, Dec24 2013 9:14am

Milo
The Attic Warden

I got my Xmas figure on saturday (order sent on december 4th). roll
Click to close  Click to close   Click to close

Last edited by Milo (Tue, Dec24 2013 9:19am)

#71 Tue, Dec24 2013 2:14pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

you're right I overlooked the addition of the christmas figurine! but as I am away from home i don't have access to my pics to edit them here ;(  will just add the entry and update it later

#72 Thu, Feb6 2014 8:56pm

Mornedhel
Traveller

100th suggestion : October 2013 : "Old Woman feeding chicken" (Submitted by submitted by Nino "Thingol" Luk)

Just to correct a small issue: the idea was submitted by sicania and illustrated by Thingol as he loves so much this suggestion.

Last edited by Mornedhel (Thu, Feb6 2014 8:56pm)

#73 Thu, Feb6 2014 9:28pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Mornedhel wrote:

100th suggestion : October 2013 : "Old Woman feeding chicken" (Submitted by submitted by Nino "Thingol" Luk)

Just to correct a small issue: the idea was submitted by sicania and illustrated by Thingol as he loves so much this suggestion.

smile

#74 Fri, Mar14 2014 8:17am

Mornedhel
Traveller

Master Gildor

Do you min if take up the "Mithril and the Fellowships Chronology" and update the list?

#75 Sat, Mar15 2014 12:52am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

sure thing but you'd need to be a moderator of the whole prancing poney (including the taproom) to do so I think, is it ok for everybody?

(in the meantime I just added the last three entries)

On a side note I made a statement on the official forum on march suggestion thread.... things cannot carry on like that, I agree with Theobald

Ok mithril health is at its lowest, I have not even had news from Chris and Phaeton... I hope there is nothing bad that happened but I have my own problemes to handle

but that makes me realistic... carrying on the GF suggesting is a lure at the moment, Mithril has to get back on their delays...

Some figurines were announced to be released soon but they are STILL not for sale, that's becoming a pure madness to manage a figurine budget in this context !!

Board footer