Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Wed, Mar5 2014 11:04am

erchamion
Adventurer

Vintage ´Juegos sin Fronteras`catalogue

Finally, today has come to my hand this vintage catalogue of the Spanish supplier of Mithril in the 80s and 90s. It is October 1989 and it brings back fond memories of when I looked forward to these catalogs (the original mine I lost almost all unfortunately sad). This shop send these updates with direct orders to the store. The pen drawings are wonderful. I do not know who the author thereof: if they sent from Ireland to their distributors the designs or if they are original to 'Juegos sin Fronteras`. Someone knows something about it?

The catalog also contains some Prince August, Grenadier and Denizen miniatures (in case anyone is interested in any of this I scan this too wink)

¡Fuera, viejo Tumulario! ¡Desaparece a la luz! ¡Encógete como la niebla fría, llora como el viento en las tierra estériles, más allá de los montes! ¡No regreses aquí! ¡Deja vacío el túmulo! Perdido y olvidado, más sombrío que la sombra, quédate donde las puertas están cerradas para siempre, hasta los tiempos de un mundo mejor. Tom Bombadil LOTR1

#2 Wed, Mar5 2014 11:06am

erchamion
Adventurer

Re: Vintage ´Juegos sin Fronteras`catalogue

Click to close

Click to close

Click to close

Click to close

Last edited by erchamion (Wed, Mar5 2014 11:12am)

¡Fuera, viejo Tumulario! ¡Desaparece a la luz! ¡Encógete como la niebla fría, llora como el viento en las tierra estériles, más allá de los montes! ¡No regreses aquí! ¡Deja vacío el túmulo! Perdido y olvidado, más sombrío que la sombra, quédate donde las puertas están cerradas para siempre, hasta los tiempos de un mundo mejor. Tom Bombadil LOTR1

#3 Wed, Mar5 2014 11:06am

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

I'm interested to see scaned copy.... please smile

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#4 Wed, Mar5 2014 11:17am

erchamion
Adventurer

I've already placed, Nino. Tonight I will try to scan the part "no-Mithril" wink

#5 Wed, Mar5 2014 11:58am

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

wink ¡gracias !

Last edited by Thingol (Wed, Mar5 2014 11:59am)

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#6 Wed, Mar5 2014 12:19pm

Milo
The Attic Warden

Very nice, especiall y the Far-Harad page cool !
I will print these for myself.

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#7 Wed, Mar5 2014 5:48pm

Ori
Traveller

Oh, yes. Good memories from the past.

Que recuerdos!

#8 Wed, Mar5 2014 6:43pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Yes, from a past long time ago. Unfortunately.

Though I still wonder about the drawings. That's very interesting.
Anyway, thank you very much Erchamion having provided this here.

#9 Wed, Mar5 2014 6:45pm

erchamion
Adventurer

Click to close

Click to close

Click to close

Click to close

Click to close

Click to close

Click to close

Last edited by erchamion (Wed, Mar5 2014 6:57pm)

#10 Wed, Mar5 2014 7:05pm

erchamion
Adventurer

Well, that's the complete catalog. wink  It has many curiosities about the production of miniatures from the late 80s, but I have acquired the catalog attracted mostly by hand drawings of Mithril smile

Yes, Master Theobald. I am also very intregrated about them ....... roll

Think that this "internal catalog store", every couple of months or so, was updated with NEW series of figures. Much has changed this! Do not you think? .... hmm

#11 Wed, Mar5 2014 11:29pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

This is really amazing, Master E. Not only the catalog, but also your effort in sharing it this way!
I will invite you for a Xeres, if you like . . . in combination with some pinchitos morunos.
Therefor I suppose that breeish barkeep is not able to prepare them, I will overtake the kitchen corner . . . cool

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#12 Thu, Mar6 2014 8:29am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

this is a great find indeed !  I think I should put those pictures in the gallery along with the advertisement sheets from Dragon Magazine. These are collectors and vintage.

If only those people at Juegos were still in business or reachable somehow...  they are still one of the very few leads I have concerning the 1989 Christmas figurine

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#13 Thu, Mar6 2014 9:38am

erchamion
Adventurer

Yes, Master Gildor. I remember I made many efforts to contact the former owners a few years ago ...... no result ....... in a Spanish forum read somewhere that they were not in good health or spirits. I hope they were the best. JSF really was an excellent store figures.

Do you think these drawings were of them? roll

P.D. Gladly accept your invitation, Master Turambar. Do we see in the Pony? smile

#14 Thu, Mar6 2014 12:59pm

Milo
The Attic Warden

Very interresting listing for PA miniatures !
I think it's first time I see such complete list in a single catalog. I have all PA catalogs and none refer to full list that way.

It also confirms I used the right references for CH, F&F & Bitume in PA wiki gallery. smile

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#15 Thu, Mar6 2014 9:05pm

twrich
The Man in the Dark

Very nice erchamion, thanks!

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those that wander are lost." (Strider, The Fellowship of the Ring)

#16 Thu, Mar6 2014 11:43pm

Arthadan
Traveller

Those were the times Master Erchamion!

I have mine somewhere, what memories of the good old days!

To mortal fields say farewell,
Middle-earth forsaking!
In Elvenhome a clear bell
in the high tower is shaking.

#17 Fri, Mar7 2014 1:41pm

imisel
Collector

I have to check my boxes... Maybe (only maybe) I have some material of "Juegos sin fronteras" too. I used to save all material from them.

Ilsa:A franc for your thoughts.
Rick: In America they'd bring only a penny, and, huh, I guess that's about all they're worth.

CASABLANCA (1942)

#18 Tue, Nov11 2014 11:32am

Maenas
Traveller

Hey, just stumbled upon this thread, I will check my archives also and see if there is something interesting there for you all, such as lists similar to those of erchamion.

On the Juegos sin fronteras theme, I wrote them years ago in two different occasions (postal, not mail) to an address (their personal home, I think) that I found, using a web service to find info about enterprises and their financial status. But had no response at all. ;_(  The reason I wrote them, and expect some info back is that they where still presenting "invoices" to the spanish VAT authority, so I had the illusion that they will respond, or at least still be in Barcelona. (None of them where Spanish)

This happened when on another thread in this forum, we where discussing the possibility to contact them, so it was back in 2008 or so, can't remember well.

The mystery is that the place where they used to be is still there, no one has came and rented the space, although it is in near a "centric" place. Every time I move near the area I have a peek to check out. But nothing seems to have moved since decades. I must say that the last time I checked was a year or two ago.

---
Mae govannen mellon nín.

#19 Tue, Nov11 2014 5:11pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

well if you manage to get some info out of them, that would be precious. They were my last track and hope to find more info on this quite "chimeric" 1989 Christmas vignette.

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#20 Tue, Nov11 2014 7:47pm

Maenas
Traveller

Gildor Inglorion wrote:

well if you manage to get some info out of them, that would be precious. They were my last track and hope to find more info on this quite "chimeric" 1989 Christmas vignette.

In all these years I have forgot many things but this one about this miniature not. It is something (don't know why) that keeps coming to my mind, maybe because is something related to a kind of flavour that mithril has linked to me.

On the other hand I have checked my papers and found some leaflets related to this post, I will list them here, just in case someone is interested, I can scan and share them:

Juegos sin fronteras Pricelist from 1999 in spanish, with prices from M133 to M395 also some boxed sets, warbands and mithril classics.

Juegos sin fronteras Pricelist from 1998 in spanish, with prices from M131 to M395, and pages from Prince August, Heartbreaker, Harlequin, Grenadier, Warzone, Grendel, Fantasy Forge, Denizen, Grim Reaper, Thunderbolt mountain, Phoneix Model developments. All of them only with prices, references and descriptions, but not many images. All in black and white.

Also some mithril leaflets or catalogues, as per on the following list:
Mithril Handbook one (The one with the grey cover and Celebrimbor with the one ring)
Mithril Handbook two (The one with smaug on the cover)
Mithril Catalogue "1997" (With the miniature of the Balrog on the cover)
Brochure with Galadriel on the cover. Can't remember from where i get it, I think it was inside the box of the fellowship...
Mithril "pages" with explanations in English and b/w colours for the ranges:
   Minas Tirith
   Elves of Lorien
   Turin Turambar (I)
   The Hobbit
   Black sword
   The Ancient folk
   The horselords
   The last Alliance
   The chamber of Mazarbul
   Pelennor field/The lord of the nazgul
   The misty mountains
   The orcs of the red eye
Also Tengwars 1 to 5, but these I think that most of you should already have.

---
Mae govannen mellon nín.

Board footer