Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Tue, May12 2015 7:23am

Tolwen
Traveller

Goodbye GF

Hi all,
just FYI see this thread on the Mithril forum.

Cheers
Tolwen

Visit  Other Minds Magazine, an unofficial magazine for roleplaying and academic interests in J.R.R. Tolkien's Middle-earth and beyond.

#2 Tue, May12 2015 7:42am

Mornedhel
Traveller

Re: Goodbye GF

Sad sad
However I share some points with your post.
I will just add that propose ideas is great but contribute to the conception and be listened is what I miss far more

#3 Tue, May12 2015 8:14am

Tolwen
Traveller

Mornedhel wrote:

Sad sad

Indeed it is sad, but necessary IMO. Even now with not an hour ago I feel relieved and much better ...

I will just add that propose ideas is great but contribute to the conception and be listened is what I miss far more

This is included in the "design-wise" developments. I didn't think it appropriate to detail my - long - list of issues I have there, so I summed it all up under the "lack of development design-wise".

Cheers
Tolwen

Last edited by Tolwen (Tue, May12 2015 8:15am)

Visit  Other Minds Magazine, an unofficial magazine for roleplaying and academic interests in J.R.R. Tolkien's Middle-earth and beyond.

#4 Tue, May12 2015 8:55am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Tolwen, I can well understand your decision and your point of view.
Fortunately you do not quit collecting (some) Mithril-figures for good.

#5 Thu, May14 2015 4:59am

twrich
The Man in the Dark

Hi Tolwen, I will miss your suggestions. I also often vote for figures that have little chance of winning. But I've also had several produced, and sometime someone else is able to get one of my former suggestions into production. I understand interests change over  time, but I do hope we hear from you once and a while.

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those that wander are lost." (Strider, The Fellowship of the Ring)

#6 Thu, May14 2015 6:14am

Arthadan
Traveller

Welcome to the Wandering Company Master Tolwen.

I was in your position many years ago, as I was part of the first Fellowship.

When the new one was formed, I was pretty excited but as I delved deeper into Tolkien lore the innacuracies of design, the high price and the huge variety of quality miniatures of other brands made me step aside.

Last edited by Arthadan (Mon, May18 2015 10:20pm)

To mortal fields say farewell,
Middle-earth forsaking!
In Elvenhome a clear bell
in the high tower is shaking.

#7 Fri, May15 2015 4:22pm

Tolwen
Traveller

So I'll be in a Wandering Company? That doesn't sound too bad for me smile

And the decision was not so much about changing interests (well, a bit but not that much), but about the final disillusionment about priorities at Mithril and C. Tubb (the old discussion...), whom I cannot share and therefore do not longer support. It was a long and not easy process, but in the end the cons outweighes the pros and thus I drew the consequence.
If they publish something I like, I may buy it, but beyond that there are companies out there with better value for money and better solutions for my priorities.

Cheers
Tolwen

#8 Mon, May18 2015 12:33pm

Maenas
Traveller

Oh, it is a pitty, but I perfectly understand and share some of the points you explain on mithril's website.
Was a very clean and polite post and should be taken into consideration, but I doubt they are going to forward your message... sad

---
Mae govannen mellon nín.

#9 Tue, May19 2015 9:47am

Tolwen
Traveller

Maenas wrote:

Oh, it is a pitty, but I perfectly understand and share some of the points you explain on mithril's website.
Was a very clean and polite post and should be taken into consideration, but I doubt they are going to forward your message... sad

I am actually very confident that they (Mithril and C. Tubb) are convinced of doing the right thing by continuing the current path. Therefore yo're right. Fundamental changes for the better are highly unlikely.

Personally, I don't care anymore of whether Mithril continues in its (admittedly long-lasting) current undead state, becomes more alive or dies altogether. I'll take things as they come as a bystander on the sideline. I have more than enough material to paint and make dioramas from so I am quite relaxed on the further fate of Mithril wink

Cheers
Tolwen

Last edited by Tolwen (Tue, May19 2015 2:55pm)

#10 Thu, May28 2015 7:27am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

A shame indeed, but I'm not sure that "leaving" solves anything. If it makes you feel better, fine. But things will just carry on the same as before.

Things change very slowly here in the real world, if they change at all, and we all have views and opinions that not everyone shares. Personally I'm not a fan of several aspects of Chris' (or MERP/ICE's) figure interpretations, and as far as I'm concerned there are quite a few Fellowship figures that have nothing whatsoever to do with Tolkien's vision. But when that's the case I don't vote for them and I don't buy them. End of problem. I certainly don't expect everything or everyone else to change to suit my personal tastes - I don't even expect people to agree with my personal tastes - that would be unrealistic.

At the end of the day, as we say here in Bree, "you just have to grin and bear it."

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

Board footer