Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Tue, Feb2 2016 8:00pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Tabletop World

For those interested (Mistress Sevlag wink), TTW are once again holding a painting completion for water-mills!!! lol

A good excuse to get some more miniatures painted big_smile

#2 Tue, Feb2 2016 8:13pm

Maenas
Traveller

Re: Tabletop World

Thank you for sharing David, It still amazes me how detailed are those buildings at that web. Also I would like to congratulate you, if I am not wrong,  since the image they used to announce the contest is one of your works and it is an impressive work.

---
Mae govannen mellon nín.

#3 Thu, Feb4 2016 11:29pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Maenas wrote:

Thank you for sharing David, It still amazes me how detailed are those buildings at that web. Also I would like to congratulate you, if I am not wrong,  since the image they used to announce the contest is one of your works and it is an impressive work.

Yes indeed, it was my entry they have used (Farewell to Bree) - a pleasant surprise and I guess, a nice bit of recognition.

The buildings are very detailed indeed and even the insides are well rendered, alas in my case this is wasted as I would prefer the interiors to be separate castings, boy, could I use some of them wink!

I have suggested on their Web site that it would be great if they would do interiors so will have to wait and see.

#4 Sat, Feb6 2016 10:30am

Axel
Collector

It certainly is a worthy picture to advertise the contest. Paintjob, conversion and diorama building are top notch. I hope you won something with that entry.

While I have most of their buildings, I find myself unable to find the time to paint them up the standards they deserve. Perhaps when I start now with a building I will finish it in time for next year. :-)

#5 Sat, Feb6 2016 10:43am

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Axel wrote:

It certainly is a worthy picture to advertise the contest. Paintjob, conversion and diorama building are top notch. I hope you won something with that entry.

While I have most of their buildings, I find myself unable to find the time to paint them up the standards they deserve. Perhaps when I start now with a building I will finish it in time for next year. :-)

Thank you for the kind comment Axel, in answer to your question though, nope it didn't win anything big_smile, but it was an incentive for me to get an idea finished (still haven't finished 'phase 2' of the project though).

#6 Wed, Mar2 2016 9:17am

sevlag
Collector
Website

ddaines wrote:

For those interested (Mistress Sevlag wink), TTW are once again holding a painting completion for water-mills!!! lol

David thank you for thinking of me, but I will not participate this year I haven't finished their stone bridge and I'm not going to represent my village of last year ...
I hope you'll participate again this year to present your fantastic job and I'll vote for you with pleasure. big_smile
This is a nice tribute that choosing your realization to represent their competition: congratulations wink

#7 Wed, Mar2 2016 8:47pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

sevlag wrote:

ddaines wrote:

David thank you for thinking of me, but I will not participate this year I haven't finished their stone bridge and I'm not going to represent my village of last year ...
I hope you'll participate again this year to present your fantastic job and I'll vote for you with pleasure. big_smile
This is a nice tribute that choosing your realization to represent their competition: congratulations wink

I'm not 100% sure if I will enter (time wink ), but I do have a couple of bits and an idea big_smile.

The bridge is very nice, bigger than I thought it would be.

#8 Thu, Mar3 2016 6:23pm

hsf62
Master Caster

What is TTW? I would like to have a look. Can someone post a link please?tongue

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#9 Thu, Mar3 2016 9:11pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

hsf62 wrote:

What is TTW? I would like to have a look. Can someone post a link please?tongue

Here you go Holger: http://tabletop-world.com/

They are very detailed pieces, unfortunately not inexpensive unless you take into account the work that has gone into creating the buildings wink

Also have a peep in the Gallery thread under "Farewell to Bree" for my diorama, Sevlag also has some work in there as well I think.

Last edited by ddaines (Thu, Mar3 2016 9:15pm)

#10 Thu, Mar3 2016 9:51pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Thanks Master ddaines;)

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#11 Fri, Mar4 2016 8:41pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Very nice houses indeed! cool

#12 Fri, Mar4 2016 8:57pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Master David your Village of Bree is outstanding!

#13 Tue, Apr12 2016 7:46am

cameosis
Master of Languages

and they're close to our friend thingol in croatia, too!
who would've thought, huh? wink

Esse quam videri. (Marcus Tullius Cicero)

#14 Tue, Apr12 2016 8:43am

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

cameosis wrote:

and they're close to our friend thingol in croatia, too!
who would've thought, huh? wink

65 km far from me.... and this is close... smile

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

Board footer