Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Thu, Sep29 2016 1:49am

Ted
Traveller

Adventures in Middle Earth

Cubicle 7 are releasing two books adapting D&D 5th edition rules (open gaming license) for Middle Earth.

I ordered the books and was sent a preliminary pdf of the player's guide. The art is very good and the rules go a long way towards keeping the feel of Middle Earth for a role playing game. I have several of the MERP books and this new system seems to fit better with Tolkien's world. For example, there are no spell-casting classes.

Anyone else ordered it?

This is the hour of the Shire-folk, when they arise from their quiet fields to shake the towers and counsels of the Great

#2 Thu, Sep29 2016 11:16am

Maenas
Traveller

Re: Adventures in Middle Earth

That's interesting! and may I ask how is the "magic" treated if there are no "spell casters" ?

---
Mae govannen mellon nín.

#3 Thu, Sep29 2016 2:45pm

Ted
Traveller

At high levels some classes give a character subtle powers like foresight, limited telepathy or words of command.

As Dwarves advance in level they can choose three spells related to runes for opening/closing doors or relaying secrets. These spells are chosen at the expense of other features.

Elves have three spells available as well as they advance in level, but they are far less powerful than typical D&D spells.

Some rare items are described that give bonuses due to their special background, dwarven armour and weapons for example.

The most supernatural aspect is a game device called The Shadow. I hear that it works like Insanity rules in Cthulu games where it can gradually corrupt characters who experience or perpetrate wicked deeds.

This is the hour of the Shire-folk, when they arise from their quiet fields to shake the towers and counsels of the Great

#4 Fri, Sep30 2016 10:25am

Maenas
Traveller

Oh looks good, thank you Master Ted. wink

---
Mae govannen mellon nín.

#5 Fri, Sep30 2016 1:18pm

xmen510
Traveller

I have also ordered the books. Looking forward to them!

Board footer