Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Fri, Jan27 2017 12:42pm

hsf62
Master Caster

M73 with and without shield

The following pics show a M73 one time with and one time without shield. Even the camel is different in detail. I can't remember where I got this pic from, thats why I post it here to find a answer. Help welcome!

Click to closeClick to close

Last edited by hsf62 (Fri, Jan27 2017 12:45pm)

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#2 Fri, Jan27 2017 5:09pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Re: M73 with and without shield

I can tell you, Master Caster.
The right picture is defenetly by Mr. Tubb himself because of its grey background and the lightning from the left side.
I can say that clearly because I collected once photographs from him because of exactly that reason.
A look inside my folder confirmes that.
The left one seems to be a ebay-picture. The little camera icon at the right bottom was used by that company some time ago . . .

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#3 Fri, Jan27 2017 5:25pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Thanks Master Turambar, CT I know, and ebay can be also, but does someone kow why the guy doesn't have a shield and the camel is different aswell?

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#4 Fri, Jan27 2017 11:28pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

I will have to check more thoroughly tomorrow. I have two different conversions of that rider in my "conversions-collection". One of them has a completely different shield (that obviously was attached) than the original figure.
Master Hsf62, where do you think is the difference in the camels?

#5 Sat, Jan28 2017 10:50am

hsf62
Master Caster

Start with the hair on the neck of the camel. On the first pic it looks like the hair is going to the right side of the camel, not like on the second pic from CT where it goes to the left side of the camel. The (Quaste) decoration on the bridle aswell as on the back side of the camel is missing in the first pic. There is no blanket on the saddle rolled up in front of the rider. The frayed part on the saddle blanket is a lot shorter in the first pic, therefor the flat part underneath it is longer. Thats all I can see so far. Maybe there is more? I think the differences are significant and I don't think it is a conversion. What do you think?

Last edited by hsf62 (Sat, Jan28 2017 6:43pm)

#6 Sat, Jan28 2017 11:07am

hsf62
Master Caster

One more thing is the tail. In the first pic it's more to the back and not attached to the hin leg like it is with the cast I have.

#7 Sat, Jan28 2017 12:59pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

A sharp look, Master Caster.
Investigated inside my mithril-folders I found following pictures:

Click to close

Quiete obviously the "ebay-picture" in a much clearer look.

Click to close

The bunch of figures of "Far Harad". You see, that the shield is fixed at the figure, as it is on my edition of that M73. It is NOT separated.

Click to close

The last picture shows the old advertisment sheet from the irish company. Interesting to see, that the shield is missing!!!!!
It is also more than possible, that the source of the "ebay-picture" is that old advertisment photo . . . interesting that is.

Last edited by Turambar (Sat, Jan28 2017 1:02pm)

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#8 Sat, Jan28 2017 2:22pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Indeed it is the same pic. Rider without shield and with the wrong speer and the camel missing all the above mentioned bits.
Hmm.... Maybe it was the first Master figure which was changed after the pic was taken to suit casting???? Otherwise there where two different camels made to start of with.

#9 Sat, Jan28 2017 11:14pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

I just can confirm Master Turambar's research about this matter.

#10 Sat, Jan28 2017 11:31pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Click to close
I just found those two conversions in my collection. The shafts and length of the lances are far more better than with the original, I think.
This picture could have been found in the "Mathom House of Michael Delving"

#11 Sun, Jan29 2017 12:11am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Sorry, but I just wanted to prove what I said about the "camel rider conversions" I mentioned before. I thought that the one on the left with the different shield was an answer to your question. It is not.

#12 Tue, Apr30 2019 5:24pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Now I need the camel with the different look.... lollollol

Click to closeClick to close

Last edited by hsf62 (Tue, Apr30 2019 5:26pm)

Board footer