Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#26 Fri, Feb17 2017 4:22pm

Maenas
Traveller

Re: Duinhir of Morthond MZ630 Mithril figure.

I was surprised to see Elroi being on the contest, I thought he was not into mithril anymore nor painting miniatures... he is clearly the winner of the contest IMO, thought with an open vote you never know what can happen.

Nevertheless, good luck to all fellow participants, looking directly into master Ddaines and Thingol direction wink

---
Mae govannen mellon nín.

#27 Fri, Feb17 2017 4:34pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Maenas wrote:

I was surprised to see Elroi being on the contest, I thought he was not into mithril anymore nor painting miniatures... he is clearly the winner of the contest IMO, thought with an open vote you never know what can happen.

Nevertheless, good luck to all fellow participants, looking directly into master Ddaines and Thingol direction wink

Thanks dear friend... well.... Usualy I made much better pictures, but this time I made them with lousy kids camera from my daughter (I'm broke my camera ;-( )

I like Elroi's painting work but I keep fingers crossed for David... (and for me) As I would not be a conflict of interest, I will in the ending minutes give my vote to David ;-)

Last edited by Thingol (Fri, Feb17 2017 8:52pm)

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#28 Fri, Feb17 2017 10:32pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Maenas wrote:

No chance whatsoever, LOL lol.

I would wholeheartedly agree with your comment Maenas, I would be very surprised indeed if Elroi didn't lift the 'crown' (although in Mithril-World nothing is ever certain roll ).

At the end of the day this is a figure painting competition and Master Elroi is a 'Master' of his craft; I couldn't even see the stars on the figure's clothing let alone paint them as stars*, yet Elroi makes it look as if he has submitted a painted 75mm figure and not 32mm. Give me a diorama to build any day cool

I too wish you good luck Nino, I must admit I initially thought your entry had not been included when I had a quick glimpse at work, but maybe I was too quick to peep and close the forum in case work colleagues were looking over my shoulder wink.

* Perhaps it is my eyes, but I really was not aware of the printing/casting 'flaws' pointed out in an earlier post by Maenas other than the lines on the bow and then only looking from an angle. Perhaps in future I will study the castings a bit closer.

p.s. Nino, please let Lara know that 'The big dog from Romford' has to have an X-ray on his leg on Monday and will probably have to have an operation for his cruciate ligament sad

#29 Sat, Feb18 2017 10:09am

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

ddaines wrote:

p.s. Nino, please let Lara know that 'The big dog from Romford' has to have an X-ray on his leg on Monday and will probably have to have an operation for his cruciate ligament sad

Hi David, Lara's sent to all of you big greeting and she wish all the best to the big friendly dog from Romford.... see you :-)

Last edited by Thingol (Sat, Feb18 2017 10:11am)

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#30 Sat, Feb18 2017 1:08pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Thingol wrote:

ddaines wrote:

Hi David, Lara's sent to all of you big greeting and she wish all the best to the big friendly dog from Romford.... see you :-)

Please thank her Nino wink

#31 Wed, Feb22 2017 3:47pm

Milo
The Attic Warden

I just watched everyone painting results & voted.  I wish I had time to do some coloring work on mine....
Roi has my vote for this painting competition but I dislike his color choices. It seems strange to me that a gondor captian wears green & red.

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#32 Wed, Sep6 2017 1:24pm

Maenas
Traveller

Sorry for reviving this thread, I thought it could be the correct place to ask for the quality of the new MZ releases... I did not bought any of them because I am looking for a bit of improvement on the finish quality of the miniatures.... I mean, do the last releases still show the 3D printed pattern? or they have reworked it and it is not noticeable any more?

I am referring to this:

Maenas wrote:

Click to close
Click to close

Thanks in advance for your answers wink

---
Mae govannen mellon nín.

#33 Wed, Sep6 2017 2:47pm

Milo
The Attic Warden

I am painting mine and did not notice 3D printed pattern. But I also have to say I bought glasses for 1st time in my life, so I may not be the right perso to say "fine" about such tiny details. wink

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

Board footer